Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89]

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91744 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1320 on: April 28, 2013, 05:35:00 am »

I just have two words fuck frogs

Yes. Kill them all !

Haha... sorry I had to miss today. Adventures in Blindness would have been fun.

It's less funny that it sounds. That bloody frog was manipulating dice rolls I swear.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »

Post to watch, and possibly join if I have the time. Anything I should know before making a character?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 04, 2013, 09:22:02 am »

Post to watch, and possibly join if I have the time. Anything I should know before making a character?

20-point build, start with 200gp.

also, playing this evening ?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:17 am »

Ntzom, the Dwarven Monk. Any comments or help would be appreciated.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 04, 2013, 10:46:45 am »

Ntzom, the Dwarven Monk. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

12 strength on a monk ? You're a fast melee class, you're gonna need more than that. Unless you want to roleplay mostly, but then you're gonna be less useful in combat.

I would suggest 17str 12dex 14con 10int 15wis 8cha. If you want more skill points just dump wis 1point and cha 1point and get 12 int.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 04, 2013, 11:04:31 am »

Alright, updated. Anything else, or is he ready to go? I'm going to add fluff later.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 04, 2013, 11:30:18 am »

You need all your equipment.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 04, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »

So any more information on whether a game is on tonight?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 04, 2013, 03:52:05 pm »

No idea, GiH didn't said anything so I guess it is on.

She is also online so it should be fine.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 10, 2013, 10:30:12 pm »

Plans for D&D this weekend?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 10, 2013, 11:54:39 pm »

I've got some dental issues (the kind that require painkillers and root canals) and can't reliably be coherent enough to DM a session...  Plus I feel kinda underwhelmed, when we had so many people wanting to get into campaign but then 3 show up when I try to let people in...  So, definitely not tomorrow, and maybe not after...

Have been debating a new tabletop of my own design, borrowing elements from the d20 system, a bit of GURPS, and some hand-crafted hashing out.  The theme is space combat, like ship vs ship, with a HEAVY emphasis on small scale combat.  For the most part, the entire 'battle map' is the ship you own, as you move about to different battle stations, tend damage, man guns, or do whatever is needed.  Boarding would be very possible, as well as old fashioned ship cannons, with a lot of emphasis given to ship design and configuration.

To give a very brief overview, every tile (like a regular 5 foot square) has 6 slots of burden available, and by default every piece of equipment takes 6 burden, so it consumes an entire hull tile to install.  More advanced gear takes up more space, so it starts spilling into neighboring tiles, and miniaturization can reduce size at a cost, to fit more gear in a smaller area.  How much of a tile's burden is used will change how creatures move through the tiles, from free movement to impassable, as well as how damage, electricity, networking, and control consoles are handled.

If anyone's played FTL, it'll be similar, but with more freeform and being able to restructure your vessel and do tabletop style open-ended-possibilities as far as structure and maneuvers are concern.  Depending on how oral stuff goes, I may be looking for playtesters next week instead of Pathfinder...

Also, the game would likely be boring played straight up DnD style.  So as a general rule, a party of 3-4 is going to have 1-3 characters each.  Gunners get to do things regularly, but manning the engine mainly means shunting power and is boring as you don't really do anything when your turn comes.  So a single player could have a gunner and engineer character to allow some excitement of being a gunner, while still allowing boring engineers to actually be played.  After all, if engineers are boring, then you'd get a party of 5 gunners, and then you'd have a really strange ship...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 11, 2013, 04:46:58 am »

I'm sorry to hear about your dental issues and I hope you get back to full strength soon

The space rpg sound interesting and I would be up for testing it if you decide to do that next week onstead of pathfinder
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 11, 2013, 06:48:26 am »

Personally i'm not fond of another reboot of plot, characters, and setting.

It DOES sound quite nice though, and I may play again later if I see your new game system staying, but for now I will stick to pathfinder.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:58:37 am by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89]