Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91751 times)

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1305 on: April 21, 2013, 02:21:43 pm »

Chaotic Good still means I'm not allowed to murder any of you.

Maiming however.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 21, 2013, 02:25:24 pm »

Chaotic Good still means I'm not allowed to murder any of you.

Maiming however.

I dunno, from what I've seen chaotic good seems to be focused on prancing around in flower fields while dancing and petting unicorns...

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 21, 2013, 02:28:44 pm »

You'd be surprised what a character who plays chaotic good to it's strengths is allowed. As an example, Malcom Reynolds of firefly would be Chaotic Good. As long as my reasons outweigh the immediate and they are from a twisted 'good' viewpoint, I can pretty much get away with a lot. Murdering a child now to save hundreds later, etc.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 21, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »

"Hey look at this orphanage ! Kids are being beaten ! With my divination magic I have determined that half of these kids will form a criminal group in 20 years that will be responsible for the death of thousands ! But I don't know who will form it ! So what to do now ? Oh, I seemed to have dropped about fifty flasks of alchemist's fire in the building by accident ? Oh well ! I saved thousands, I am a hero ! What do you mean there are other ways to try and help these kids live meaningful lives ? I saved a lot more ! I'm Chaotic Good ! Everyone love me !"

riiiiight

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 21, 2013, 02:45:10 pm »

Alright then, allow me to go into more detail on my example so we can drop the sarcasm and a group finds themselves hit by primal magic events later.

If a Lich is using a child's soul to forge his phylactery, chaotic good have no issue with murdering the child right there to prevent him using the soul because the child is the easier target of the two.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 21, 2013, 02:47:44 pm »

Naryar stop being a prick.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 21, 2013, 03:03:17 pm »

Alright then, allow me to go into more detail on my example so we can drop the sarcasm and a group finds themselves hit by primal magic events later.

If a Lich is using a child's soul to forge his phylactery, chaotic good have no issue with murdering the child right there to prevent him using the soul because the child is the easier target of the two.

To the opposite of LG who will insist on killing the lich because it will free the child's soul ?

Still, I'm pretty sure murdering an innocent child because he essentially is unlucky is pretty evil, even if it is done to free the child's soul.

Of course if the child's lack of a soul makes him a dangerous monster or eternally tortured, then it is a mercy kill and pretty justified.

I am pretty convinced the difference between LG and CG is mostly honor vs. freedom. The easy thing to do vs. the right thing to do seems more like good vs neutral to me.

Naryar stop being a prick.

...ok, my last post was probably too aggressive. I was just being sarcastic to make a point.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 21, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »

"Chaotic Good" basically amounts to "You can justify it".  If it can be justified as a good act, or justified as borderline and reckless, it's perfect CG.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 26, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »

Any plans for a session this weekend?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:37:38 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 26, 2013, 07:39:43 pm »

"Chaotic Good" basically amounts to "You can justify it".  If it can be justified as a good act, or justified as borderline and reckless, it's perfect CG.

Chaotic Good is the Archetypical "For the greater good" character. You will lie, steal, kill, murder all for the sake of what is good.

Or it can also be someone who believes that law and order is what ultimately keeps people from doing good. They don't see the point in honor, oaths, and all that. What is good comes naturally from the person and trying to beholden someone to a code is just an imposition on their natural capacity.

As I always like to do for alignments is treat them like two entirely separate alignments first THEN merge them. Good vs Evil and Law Vs Chaos.

As well remember that Chaos is not against rules and order, they are against the stereotypical order of "civilized" society. It is why Barbarians, Druids, and Natives are always given the chaotic or neutral alignments in spite of the fact that they often have very structured societies.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 27, 2013, 10:11:32 am »

Yeah... we're not having any news at all. Will this be a once-a-week thing then ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 27, 2013, 11:02:48 am »

Yeah... we're not having any news at all. Will this be a once-a-week thing then ?
Today at 4pm CST (-6:00 GMT) and gonna try for two more sessions during the week, probably at irregular times, like 12 noon or 8am, because Europe.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 27, 2013, 12:24:11 pm »

Good.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 27, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »

I just have two words fuck frogs
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 27, 2013, 09:36:42 pm »

Haha... sorry I had to miss today. Adventures in Blindness would have been fun.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89