Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91779 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1230 on: April 06, 2013, 10:54:55 am »

So, plot or no plot ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 06, 2013, 11:09:55 am »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 06, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »

So, plot or no plot ?
Yes.
But just two pages before you said it was plotless bashing ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 06, 2013, 03:45:14 pm »

Both!  I'll primarily be doing the bashing part, Bikari will be writing up scenes of plot for me to DM.  I'll probably toss in several too, but my main goal with this is to let many people experience the game, and to make particular dungeons with unusual scenes to promote problem-solving-thinking, which is plotless but creative.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 06, 2013, 05:02:05 pm »

I would be quite interested in making a character for this
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 08, 2013, 11:55:53 am »

Here's my character sheet.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

edit : modified
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:35:44 am by Naryar »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:03 am »

Edit: Hmm, is posting character sheets here the way to get you the info? If so, I have mine worked out and can put it up.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:59:31 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 08, 2013, 12:00:05 pm »

No idea. I'm just posting my sheet because there does not seem to be any advancement here.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 08, 2013, 12:02:02 pm »

I was about to poke the thread and ask the question I ended up asking anyway, so I appreciate you giving me the chance to ask it. :P

Actually, I think I might post it anyway, just to get feedback. It's fun but a little difficult to make a melee kobold summoner and feedback would probably be useful.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 08, 2013, 12:06:27 pm »

I was about to poke the thread and ask the question I ended up asking anyway, so I appreciate you giving me the chance to ask it. :P

Actually, I think I might post it anyway, just to get feedback. It's fun but a little difficult to make a melee kobold summoner and feedback would probably be useful.

So, synthesist or just melee eidolon ? Because a kobold summoner is pretty weak at melee overall.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:10:59 pm by Naryar »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 08, 2013, 12:13:18 pm »

Melee Broodmaster. He likes his reptile pets.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
I'm not sure about carrying capacity... the character sheet generator says one thing and the SRD site says another. I'm also not done with items, but weapons and armor should be set. I was going to do my second level as an Urban Barbarian for the rage, martial weapon proficiency, and making acrobatics a class skill, then go back to summoner for the rest of my levels and use my feat at 3rd level for Dervish Dance so I can use my dex for attack and damage rolls with a scimitar. It means I'll probably be a bit weak for my first level or two, but it shouldn't be too bad with the eidolon(s). Also, constant flanking always. I'll probably stick with just two eidolons, a quadruped and a serpentine, and I'll probably make them medium once I can. We'll see.

Edit: Oh, question. Since kobolds only start out knowing Draconic, do I need the point in Linguistics there for him to be able to speak Common? And does having 4 points in Linguistics mean I have 4 languages or do you only learn as many languages as the number of points you actually spend in the skill?

Edit2: Oh, and I'm swapping the Crafty kobold trait with Jester to get Diplomacy and Perform(Dance). That's probably useful to know. I need to add more info to that character sheet...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:27:08 pm by Bluerobin »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 08, 2013, 12:38:59 pm »

each point in linguistics nets you 1 language and better skill at wordplay and forgery, amongst others. Considering you have no Int bonus, you'll need 1pt in it to get common.

also you seem to have rather low stats for a kobold ? 20 points build should give you more than that even with crazy Str penalty.

and seems like one hell of a glass cannon, although you do have 2 additional meatshields with you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 08, 2013, 12:46:34 pm »

Yeah, I'm likely going to need Toughness, I just wasn't sure whether to get it earlier and sacrifice damage or wait. Edit: For the first level (maybe two) I'll probably be using my eidolon or summons more as a meat shield and using the spear/crossbow/Acid Orbs to keep myself safe (plus I feel like 19AC for level 1 is pretty good :P, although my saves leave a bit to be desired). Once I get a couple levels my survivability should level off a bit, especially since acrobatics should help with getting around opportunity attacks.

As for stats,
Code: [Select]
Str: 10 -> 12 (2pts) -4 kobold = 8
Dex: 10 -> 16 (10pts) +2 kobold = 18
Con: 10 -> 14 (5pts) -2 kobold = 12
Int: 10 (0pts)
Wis: 10 -> 8 (-2pts)
Cha: 10 -> 14 (5pts)
It looks like it totals to 20, but if I get more stats then I'll use them. :P
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:56:57 pm by Bluerobin »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 08, 2013, 01:00:51 pm »

Barring critical failure, I plan to have an encounter this Saturday, 4pm CST (GMT -6:00).

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 08, 2013, 01:05:15 pm »

I won't be able to be here at 4pm then... most likely between 5 and 6pm.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89