Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91783 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1200 on: March 31, 2013, 12:53:59 pm »

Ahhh. Good. good. She's an awesome person. She gave me a picture of a dead horse with 'Sorry for your loss' written on it when Clement died.

ROFL

also Elias is completely evil, she has already tortured and kept a goblin as a pet. Yes, torture. and yet she's the support, healing caster.

She also seems to love dominating people, considered she keeps casting Command on mooks for us to get aoo's.

The worst is her cheerful, friendly manner while doing such acts.

Still she is our token psycho and healer, and I shall defend her.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 31, 2013, 12:55:42 pm »

...Holy shit.

I'm hoping to get back into the game if I can.
Since the cavalier was quite OP when mounted and not so useful when on foot, I wish to try something new.
I'm thinking a Tiefling monk. Not sure if I should go Masters of Many Forms or just Martial Artist and then multiclass into barbarian...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:57:30 pm by DoomOnion »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 31, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »

Then you'll be in the waiting list I guess. Since there is already a person in it, you'll be second.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 31, 2013, 01:05:24 pm »

Yup. Quite right.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 31, 2013, 08:18:05 pm »

Oh, it would be awesome if you came back. The berserker-knight-tactician warriors trio is back kicking ass like the good ol'... 3-4 weeks agos.

Canonically, Gillen is a prisoner or something. Imagine the dramatic scene where we find out that Gillen is imprisoned and we save his sorry ass in a Big Damn Heroes (or villains?) moment. Prison break! I can just pry the bars with my beast Strength. I'd be willing to quit the game (so Doom can join) and spectate the session just to see the badassery and epicness unfold.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 31, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »

I don't know if I want to go back as the knight, I mean, it wasn't really fun for me.
I'm not even sure if I can come back, the party being full is the least of the problems.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 02, 2013, 04:37:47 am »

Just saying that if we indeed tackle gods and therefore go over level 40, I will take levels in druid.

Or ranger. I'm not sure whatever is best for my build.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 03, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »

Alright, so!  With schedules shifting and players dropping in and out, I've come to realize there's not a reliable enough party to do a full campaign.  Right now Leatra and Naryar are the only ones who've stuck with it for any length of time.  Anyone coming in to fill vacant spots would be ignorant to the overall plot and not as likely to get as big an impact from certain events as they should have, along with general "wait what country is this" stupidity.

So!  I'm gonna close the campaign :D

Then I'm gonna open something similar to Pathfinder Society.  For those unaware, to break it down into simple terms Society play is essentially 'The Adventurer's Guild' where characters are sent somewhere each week to do something that's generally nothing to do with whatever happened last week.  There are some chain events, but for the most part they're all just random encounters.  Characters are signed off by the DM, and are valid at any Society table, so you could go to Florida with one character, then go to California and play the same character perfectly well because it's Society Legal.

However, Society also makes a lot of arbitrary rules.  For instance, you're not allowed to do any crafting.  Crafting has the potential to let characters 'be rich past their wealth' and while 2 characters might each have 2,000gp, one might have bought a suit of +1 Full Plate and weapon, and another may have crafted a suit of +2 full plate and +1 weapon.  The math is wrong, but that's the idea.  Characters shouldn't be allowed to progress themselves unnaturally fast by crafting.  To that end, various spells are also hobbled, such as Masterwork Transformation, Fabricate, and Creation are all illegal.

To make things fair, no one loots weapons.  Anything you 'loot' is 'sold to the Society and you receive money' and you have the option to buy it back.  There's also an infinite stock of individual items - if you find a single scroll in a session, then everyone at the table could buy 5 of them, despite looting only 1.  This is to prevent 'the loudest person at the table takes all the loot' and other quirks.  There's also rules about being evil - namely, if your character becomes evil, then you have to stop playing that character.  To that end, poison is illegal, so poisoner rogues are essentially limited to Drow Poison, because anything that causes ability damage or injury is considered inhumane, but apparently it's perfectly humane to put the enemy unconscious and then slit their throats.  PVP is also strictly forbidden, including arbitrary rules to prevent it.

It is, in essence, "Dungeons and Dragons at its purest form."  Which is to say, "You're in a dungeon, now kill the dragon" and nothing else is allowed and nothing else matters.  It's also easy mode!  I've been playing a grapple-focused character, a Fighter, despite all the attempts by others to make my grappler a Monk, I am instead wearing full plate and grabbing beasts.  In one session, I grappled a reefclaw (which has a racial +8 to grapple, compared to my +9), got 6 points of poison damage, turned to stone by a basilisk, whipped myself with various torture flays for no apparent reason, attempted to grapple an iron golem, and then still did not die.

SO!  I'll be starting something similar.  At least so far as "you keep your characters and the encounters are non-sequential" but the rest?  Well, it'll be Dwarven Roguelike Brutal.  It'll also be shorter than most dungeon runs, because we're using online time and that takes longer, so it'll be fewer, harder fights where your character is liable to die harshly instead of being worn down.

I'm also very likely to make a character handler, in the form of a Python script that reads and edits text documents, which should help people get a hold of how to make a character, as well as putting it in a format that I can toss it into my computer and get all the info I want.

SO ANYWAYS!  Bottom line: Gonna start non-plot dungeon runs.  You can prepare characters, but don't submit them yet.  Unless noted, anything on www.d20pfsrd.com is legal, so long as it's published by Paizo and is not third party.  Custom magic items would have to be approved individually, though, so don't go crazy.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1208 on: April 03, 2013, 04:40:14 pm »

Plotless dungeon crawling and monster bashing is just fine for me. We can also roleplay PC interactions and in-party stuff.

So... at what level will we start ? Can we keep our characters ? Money ? Other stuff we need to know ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 03, 2013, 05:51:57 pm »

Start at level 1, 200gp starting (Rich Parents trait allowed), 2 traits allowed on top of regular racial traits.  Favored class will function as intended this time, either/or.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 03, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »

...Meh.

Beastmorph alchemist it is. 20 point build, 15 point build ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:58:07 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 03, 2013, 06:00:13 pm »

Oh, 20, yes.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 04, 2013, 08:44:44 am »

Sorry to hear your group didn't work out as well as you'd planned. Made for some interesting stories though, and inspired me to go out and join a tabletop game in my local neighborhood. Too bad they're playing 3.5e, but it's still fun.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 04, 2013, 03:46:04 pm »

Yeah, I'm not exactly happy with the dumping of our characters and the restart at level 1 because it's just plain dull, and we're dumping plenty of advancement.

although 1 level every 3 dungeons is nice, maybe we can do 2 dungeons in one 8 hour session if we are feeling motivated.

Developing my alchemist. Going to be a LN human Osirian alchemist (beastmorph) (bite/claw/claw at level 2 with total of +4 str bonus fuck yeah), with minor spellcasting ability (mostly buffing),  also 8 skill points by level (until I take master chymist) and blasting potential with bombs.

also beastmorph can choose from a bevy of useful abilities that he can get while using mutagen, like scent/swim speed/darkvision at level 3, and flight/grab/trip at level 6.

Point of the build : badass melee combat, mutagen antics, hulking out, and yet not being completely useless with skills.

also this is 100% made of awesome : http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/breath-weapon-bomb

More on the point... same day, same hour ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:15:44 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 04, 2013, 05:50:32 pm »

Likely multiple times a week, being non-plot it's much easier to set up dungeons.

Also this won't be exactly Society play.  The 10 factions are out, and we'll be going with something... different.  Also not likely to be 1 level per 3 missions.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 89