Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91809 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1170 on: March 19, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »

Besides sieges are pretty irrelevant in a high magic world. Fly troops around ? Teleport them inside ? Stone shape a wall ?

It really depends on both the quality and frequency of those casters as well as the defenses against those.

Some castles simply cannot be teleported into and their walls are given a special protection against spells that target objects and stone.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 19, 2013, 06:04:17 pm »

Yep, magic works for both sides. Every major city has some powerful wizards who can counter things like teleportation, scrying, etc.

Anyway, we are still very weak (level 2) to siege anything larger than a small tent.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 20, 2013, 03:11:53 am »

Yep, magic works for both sides. Every major city has some powerful wizards who can counter things like teleportation, scrying, etc.

Anyway, we are still very weak (level 2) to siege anything larger than a small tent.

Onwards to level 3 then !

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:43 am »

Posting to watch  :)

Looks like you guys are having fun. I've posted to Girlinhat and asked to reserve a spot in case one comes available to join this group. If you ever need a Wizard/Rogue with magic item crafting abilities and trap skills, let me know.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 21, 2013, 06:04:27 am »

Posting to watch  :)

Looks like you guys are having fun. I've posted to Girlinhat and asked to reserve a spot in case one comes available to join this group. If you ever need a Wizard/Rogue with magic item crafting abilities and trap skills, let me know.

considering how people tend to leave this group, yeah, you may have a spot.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 23, 2013, 10:49:35 pm »

The session has ended! Let's take a look at the events of interest.

We (as in Lek and Artael) are now officially suspicious of Elisa's alignment. Lek is thinking that she might be Lawful Evil but I'm thinking Neutral Evil. The fact that she didn't reveal the god she was worshiping made it much more obvious. She said she is worshiping a concept, an ideal and that's so out of fashion now.

We managed to find a living goblin after our slaughter. Elisa healed it, and took it to the forest for an hour... for interrogation. That's what she said. The goblin seemed rather fearful after "interrogation" and we don't exactly know what made it so scared. Elisa then claimed the goblin as a pet, and the goblin is now clapped in chains. We have one hell of a dominatrix cleric here. Artael is okay with it, because he likes difficult women who are enough of a challenge for his undeniable 7 Charisma.

We (as in Lek and Artael) are now officially suspicious of Elisa, selling her soul for extra skill points. She seems to be our current skill-monkey right now.

We now have a fox. The fox jumped at our wagon from the forest and suddenly became our pet. Lek and Artael are suspicious of it (we are suspicious of everything). The fox is obviously the familiar of a druid, and it came to our wagon to spy on us. Lek's and Artael's attempt to murder the Evil fox has failed in failure, as Elisa kept protecting the fox. Evil helps Evil, makes sense.

On an unrelated note, I can Enlarge at will thanks to my magical ring (this is from 2 sessions earlier), which can only mean more weird innuendos. When asked about his new ring, Artael suspiciously looked at his flail and refused to comment. Lek wasn't available for a press conference, because he was busy with stalking Elisa for a week. When reached for comment, Elisa said she was busy with "sacrificing newborn... evil creatures, yeah, I have to kill Evil in the name of Good. I'm not totally murdering babies and stuff."

I made up the last baby murderer Elisa part, but I believe that to be true.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:00:41 pm by Leatra »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 23, 2013, 11:14:05 pm »

Mining is Lucrative!  These fools made about 2,500gp for a week's work.  Although future checks will be a bit more controlled, based on actual skill rolls, since this was mainly a 'wealth by encounter level' price.

Also I messed up.  20 workers at 5gp each, is 100gp PER DAY, with 700gp over the whole week.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 24, 2013, 05:03:40 am »

Just so you know, touch of corruption is an antipaladin power. So yes... chaotic evil.

But she's our evil psycho now, and i'm totally fine with her evilness.

also I went on full badass mode this session, excepted for two or three combat rolls. One who was hilarious as fuck. First confirmed crit of the game goes to me as well.

Rage is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:09:59 am by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 24, 2013, 08:17:52 am »

She could have casted touch of corruption by whispering to GiH via roll20 and Lek could have rolled spellcraft to understand the spell. Anyway, all hail the most unreliable member of our group! Thank Gorum I'm not Good.

Also, this is how you plan an Evil character. Most people think playing an Evil character means you can act crazy and kill everyone. A good Evil (I mean, a bad Evil) keeps her alignment secret and actually seems Good to her allies. Also, she lied when she said that she is dedicated to the concept of Law above everything, which is also a good trick. If we think that someone is dedicated to the concept of Law, we don't expect that someone to lie, ever.

Go character interaction! We still don't do much RPing though.

Mining is Lucrative!  These fools made about 2,500gp for a week's work.  Although future checks will be a bit more controlled, based on actual skill rolls, since this was mainly a 'wealth by encounter level' price.

Also I messed up.  20 workers at 5gp each, is 100gp PER DAY, with 700gp over the whole week.

So, if we assume that we paid the first week's wages in advance, our total expenses (including the 3 week's worth of supplies) were actually 1800 GPs.

I find it weird that I was the one who did all the maths. Artael the Financial Advisor With 8 Intelligence!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 25, 2013, 05:28:48 am »

I can't wait until I get enough money and Spellcraft to design spells.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Research-and-Designing-Spells

No overpowered stuff, of course, just more variety and more fitting spells for a War/Destruction battle cleric.

Not to mention completely badass stuff like a 9th-level improved version of Control Weather, an electricity version of Fire Shield, things that permit me to enchant weapons elementally, etc.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:33:30 am by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 30, 2013, 10:52:11 am »

When it comes to university stuff, I always avoid the hard work until I have like 2 or 3 days until dead line. So, I got only 3 days left to work on one presentation and 6 exams (which I will be having next week) and I rather not screw up my circadian rhythm this time.

I'll still be there for tonight's session but only for like 3 hours or so.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 30, 2013, 10:56:24 am »

When it comes to university stuff, I always avoid the hard work until I have like 2 or 3 days until dead line. So, I got only 3 days left to work on one presentation and 6 exams (which I will be having next week) and I rather not screw up my circadian rhythm this time.

I'll still be there for tonight's session but only for like 3 hours or so.

and here goes our primary damage dealer... ah well, do what you must man.

Well, I guess it'll be my job to protect all the main casters then.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 30, 2013, 11:04:23 am »

I could be ready for a 10 hour session if I did some heavy studying before this. Well, you know what they say. Hard work may pay off in the long term but laziness pays off right now. I'm paying for the choice I did earlier.

Alouette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 30, 2013, 11:58:56 am »

Heh, to be fair, tis very hard to hide evil(Not saying I am(Totally am)) when most of the interaction is combat, when your skills lie mostly in the face melting department. Most of my face melty rants I didn't really want to be IC, but the line right now is fuzzy XD. And yeah, went over my skills, survival had 1 too many points in it, same with my knowledges, sorry, I screwed up with the generator, didn't take into account my archetype removing some class skills it added automatically, I'll be ever so slightly less awesome next session. Also, fox, if it IS a evil druid spy, it will lead us to druids, then we can snap its adorable neck, or feed it to the goblin, until then, love and respect the fuzzbox.
Seeya in the next session, unless you value your education >:O

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 30, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »

... Scroll scholar ?

I still don't get how you can get +7 bonus at several cross-class Knowledge skills at level 2 for a cleric.

Not to mention that crazy heal bonus.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:26:31 pm by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89