Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91852 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1110 on: March 17, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

also this. If we invade their loot pile they'll probably attack. We just need to bring the fight to us.

I have a +7 in Survival as well. I'm sure i may be able to help as well.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 17, 2013, 03:17:07 pm »

I'm not even reading the thread at this point.  I'm going to lock this for a day or two until DoomOnion becomes less butthurt whiny.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 17, 2013, 04:38:08 pm »

And gonna unlock this now to say that DoomOnion has essentially removed himself from the group.  So opening up a new player slot now.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 17, 2013, 04:52:33 pm »

...That I was fearing. Too bad, we formed a good core group.

So what will be the new player ? I think we need another meatshield melee character with good bab and HP to gap the hole.

Just hoping it's not a paladin. another barbarian would be cool, however.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:01:01 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 17, 2013, 04:57:52 pm »

I may have to put a stop to 3 barbarians.

The DM way.

Ethereal enemies.

Or probably stone golems or something.  Really when you've got that much Str, the only thing that keeps early game challenging is to put lots of AC or DR against you.  You'd still have a bad time late game, when magic becomes the real powerhouse.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 17, 2013, 05:03:35 pm »

I may have to put a stop to 3 barbarians.

The DM way.

Ethereal enemies.

Or probably stone golems or something.  Really when you've got that much Str, the only thing that keeps early game challenging is to put lots of AC or DR against you.  You'd still have a bad time late game, when magic becomes the real powerhouse.

Hey, I won't get more than 2 or maybe 3 levels of barb. I am still a primary spellcaster, you know...

also magic weapons do hit ethereal. Well, 50% of the time.

It would be cool to get a wizard in fact, for the sheer utility it provides. But it'll make our party more vulnerable to melee, unless the second cleric also goes tank/battle cleric.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:07:16 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 17, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »

I'd like to actually see a bard or traditional sorcerer, maybe paladin.  Someone with more Charisma than 7, that is.  So far we've got a barbarian at 7, a dwarf, an int-sorc, and a psychotic cleric.  The party has no face.  Well.  The party has a face, and it's terrifying.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 17, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »

I'd like to actually see a bard or traditional sorcerer, maybe paladin.  Someone with more Charisma than 7, that is.  So far we've got a barbarian at 7, a dwarf, an int-sorc, and a psychotic cleric.  The party has no face.  Well.  The party has a face, and it's terrifying.

paladin... UGH.

Sure it'll make for some nice roleplaying opportunities, will make a face and a tank and melee guy, but I may kill him. Repeatedly. With the other barbarian. Because of holier-than-thou syndrome.

Bard... eh. I will be happy to have another chronicler on the party, but do they do anything well other than buffing the party and being a face and skillmonkey ?

Traditional sorcerer... will still be squishy and a bother to protect. One sorc is enough.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 17, 2013, 05:16:50 pm »

Well, they get knowledge rolls on almost everything, with Bardic Knowledge, and if the party has no reason to previously know what a demon is (you don't) then it's going to be described without specific names.  "You see a red-fleshed man" is a lot different than "I roll Bardic Knowledge and begin speaking demonic to negotiate safe passage past this elder demon."  They also get a ton of buffs and utility spells, not to mention they can quite literally talk their way out from under an orc's axe.  A properly RP'd bard is the most powerful force in the game.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 17, 2013, 05:26:46 pm »

Eh, it's true that they are very good buffers. Besides, I don't get much bab and hp that a bard, so they may become a good melee guy.

I remember when we had half-bard half-fighter kits in ad&d like the skald and the blade. Doesn't seem to be too much now, out of dervish which seems to be the only good melee build.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 17, 2013, 05:45:57 pm »

also I just realized we not only have no face, but we do not have any guy with Handle animal. my trained aurocchhhhhhhhhhhssssss

...We may need a ranger, excepted that no one will get Diplomacy as a class skill but the two clerics, which are already skillstarved.

edit : ok, i am overreacting, we can probably get them trained for money anyways.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:53:24 pm by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 17, 2013, 06:02:45 pm »

Doom quit the game? Well, shit. Lek, Gillen and Artael was a good trio. He did overreact a bit but locking the thread didn't really set things right.

So, what about his friend? Is she quitting too?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 17, 2013, 06:05:37 pm »

She'll be playing. I think.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 17, 2013, 06:12:48 pm »

GiH ? You may want to change the list of players at the first post and the thread title, so we may get new people sooner.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 17, 2013, 06:12:53 pm »

Don't leave us! I don't know what I'm going to say to Fleet and Charl when they ask about you.

Can we have a funeral, at least?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89