Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91883 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1035 on: March 14, 2013, 12:07:20 pm »

Of course, I expect our spellcasters to craft/enhance enough items to boost my STR to 30 or more.

It is impossible because things don't stack.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 14, 2013, 12:15:19 pm »

Of course, I expect our spellcasters to craft/enhance enough items to boost my STR to 30 or more.

I think you can go up to STR 31 with a book of strength +5 (inherent) (very much an endgame item though, and it's hilariously expensive) and a belt of strength +6 (enhancement bonus)

Now add morale bonuses to strength due to mighty rage (if not multiclassing), STR 39. Natural advancement, probably around STR 40 or 42.

and then if I manage to use moment of greatness, which doubles morale bonuses, maybe as a magic item... that's STR around 50. Which is pretty much higher than anything in the bestiary.

+20 to attack and +20 to damage. You're pretty much guaranteed to hit anything with your bba.

But then girlinhat will probably drop rocks entire planets on us because nothing will resist you.

It is impossible because things don't stack.

Same type bonuses don't stack. Different type bonuses however, do stack.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 14, 2013, 12:15:34 pm »

Um

Blinding Beauty (Su)

This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a nymph. Those who look directly at a nymph must succeed on a DC 21 Fortitude save or be blinded permanently. A nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Uh

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:41 pm »

Wait wait wait... so I pledgy my loyalty to ... the lady of the lakes, a nymph.. and she gives me a sword as a token of affection...

...and I become King Arthur?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 14, 2013, 12:20:53 pm »

Um

Blinding Beauty (Su)

This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a nymph. Those who look directly at a nymph must succeed on a DC 21 Fortitude save or be blinded permanently. A nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Uh

Wand of remove blindness/deafness.

Probably will come in handy at other points in the campaign anyway.

Or just potions of that.

Wait wait wait... so I pledgy my loyalty to ... the lady of the lakes, a nymph.. and she gives me a sword as a token of affection...

...and I become King Arthur?

King Gillen. Sounds good, isn't it ?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:23:01 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 14, 2013, 12:27:23 pm »

Actually, I can see no real restriction on item enhancements to attribute scores - it costs massively more and more gold, but there's no actual skill/level limit on allowing you to do items of +str.

Get Craft Magic Tattoo -> Artael with ☼Face Tattoo☼
+2 str = 4,000gp
+4 str = 16,000gp
+6 str = 36,000gp
+8 str = 64,000gp
+10str= 100,000gp
+20str= 400,000gp

It costs 1 day per 1,000gp, unless you're a Dwarf Wizard who can favored class into +200gp per day per level.  I also think there's a Gnome trait, Hedge Magician, that gives 5% discount.  All of those prices are also base price, crafting is 1/2.  So getting Artael to 40 str would cost 200,000gp and most of a year.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 14, 2013, 12:30:15 pm »

Wait, who am I kidding ? Why would you need a wand of remove blindness ?

Just take a mirror with you and walk backwards.

Actually, I can see no real restriction on item enhancements to attribute scores - it costs massively more and more gold, but there's no actual skill/level limit on allowing you to do items of +str.

Get Craft Magic Tattoo -> Artael with ☼Face Tattoo☼
+2 str = 4,000gp
+4 str = 16,000gp
+6 str = 36,000gp
+8 str = 64,000gp
+10str= 100,000gp
+20str= 400,000gp

It costs 1 day per 1,000gp, unless you're a Dwarf Wizard who can favored class into +200gp per day per level.  I also think there's a Gnome trait, Hedge Magician, that gives 5% discount.  All of those prices are also base price, crafting is 1/2.  So getting Artael to 40 str would cost 200,000gp and most of a year.

So does he become an actual god of strength at hilariously high amounts of strength ? Like 60 or 80 ?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:32:05 pm by Naryar »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 14, 2013, 12:31:34 pm »

CONAN THE BARBARIAN

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 14, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »

CONAN THE BARBARIAN

all art needs now is to start worshipping Crom.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 14, 2013, 12:34:46 pm »

It costs 1 day per 1,000gp, unless you're a Dwarf Wizard who can favored class into +200gp per day per level.  I also think there's a Gnome trait, Hedge Magician, that gives 5% discount.  All of those prices are also base price, crafting is 1/2.  So getting Artael to 40 str would cost 200,000gp and most of a year

Plus epic level crafting.

Anything beyond the where the game cuts out is an epic item essentially.

Which since Pathfinder has no epic levels, means that it doesn't have rules on items beyond normal limits, nor the new formulas.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 14, 2013, 12:46:18 pm »

It costs 1 day per 1,000gp, unless you're a Dwarf Wizard who can favored class into +200gp per day per level.  I also think there's a Gnome trait, Hedge Magician, that gives 5% discount.  All of those prices are also base price, crafting is 1/2.  So getting Artael to 40 str would cost 200,000gp and most of a year

Plus epic level crafting.

Anything beyond the where the game cuts out is an epic item essentially.

Which since Pathfinder has no epic levels, means that it doesn't have rules on items beyond normal limits, nor the new formulas.

Yeah, let's go above level 20.

I would like to go rage prophet after a bit more barb levels if we go above level 20. But i'm no oracle. That's the only problem.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 14, 2013, 12:54:05 pm »

There's rules for advancing past 20, it's basically "keep going as normal" and each level costs 2x more exp.  Spell slots are a little tricky, but not very complicated.  Otherwise, all stats and saves build up at the same rate - this makes some horrible changes in your saving throws of +40 fortitude and +20 will, with such awkwardly large differences.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 14, 2013, 12:58:46 pm »

Yeah, Pathfinder epic rules are basically D&D3.5 epic rules, which are pretty disappointing on saves and bba advancement.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 15, 2013, 05:35:55 am »

I just saw us playing Pathfinder in my dream.

It was me, Naryar, Doom, and a new player. GiH was DM'ing.

We were trying to enter a city undetected. However, the city had a strange heavily armored guardian (which was easily longer and wider than 64 ft). The guardian looked something like this (to the left) but it was armored. The guardian was attacking creatures with an Evil alignment and it never bothered creatures with a Good or neutral alignment. The guardian could magically detect Evil creatures so you couldn't even roll a stealth check. The problem was, I already became Chaotic Evil by the time we got there and the new player was controlling a Chaotic Evil drow sorcerer.

The plan was, Gillen and Lek was going to get past the guardian and do what they had to do in the city (I don't remember what it was but there wasn't going to be combat, so I wasn't required anyway). Me and the drow started waiting around the outskirts. By the way, it was nothing like roll20. I could see my character and his surroundings. It was more like Neverwinter Nights 2. Anyway, after Gillen and Lek left. I could see my character waiting with the drow in 3D. We started arguing because of something (I don't remember) and we started fighting each other with our fists (nonlethal damage). That's when I woke up.

Weird dream.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 15, 2013, 05:41:22 am »

Haven't dreamed about pathfinder... yet :P

also gillen you must get that as your horse's avatar

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:33:45 am by Naryar »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 89