Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91898 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1020 on: March 13, 2013, 04:45:32 pm »

Mind you, you have to understand what a "Poor" meal is as well.

Poor meals are baseline survival, the kind of food where you will go blind, it is sustenance food that only the poorest of the poor eat. Nothing but constant Gruel, tallow, or grissle.

Even Rice and Chicken would be greater then a poor meal.

1sp for hauling is dreadful!

It didn't used to be a problem until prices were simplified.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:48:59 pm by Neonivek »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 13, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »

Yep, the economy of Pathfinder is very directly based on players.  Even 5gp a day for labor isn't a lot, these are adventurers bringing in 20gp necklaces as 'the junk items'.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 14, 2013, 06:20:00 am »

Making rough guesses, if we base off a six player party, and give 3x3 room to everyone, that's 54 tiles of raw floor space, but that'd be lack of privacy, or putting in a hallway, a 2-wide hallway would be +16 tiles.  Add a little storage closet on the end, for +2 or +4...  74 5-foot tiles would cost 5,550, 16,650, or 27,750 for a modest bunk-house, not including things like kitchens, fireplaces, bathrooms, or luxuries.  Purely small 3x3 rooms for everyone.

May be more worth to build it with stone shape then, and ask for workers to stuff we can't for magic.

also 6 player party ? You intend on getting another player ?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:29:47 am by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:33 am »

It was just a decent number to base a guess off, to build a bunkhouse.  Really a set of dorms.  Either way, a 'normal house' is gonna cost about 1,000-10,000 depending on how seedy the neighborhood is and how well built it is, for a general 1-2 bedroom home.  A tavern (and a guild hall is just a tavern with the ground floor redecorated) maybe 2-3 times more.

Again, that's in town, and the wide price range is because there IS a wide range of property.  Outside of town, it's more about construction cost, and becomes significantly cheaper, although I have informed you that there's to be a war going on, so land outside the stone walls may be a bit... well, cheaper to obtain.

Also worth noting that I read a forum thread where one DM said his first campaign of Kingmaker, the party decided to build their first city underground.  He increased the cost to clear away land significantly but left building cost the same, and it worked fairly well.  In return, they got pretty massive defense bonuses.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 14, 2013, 08:31:40 am »

We will need a working place, because I really do intend on taking craft magic arms and armor. The sorcerer is spell-starved and the other cleric is a healer.

as long as I don't need to create the weapons myself, of course, just take a masterwork weapon/piece of armor and enchant it. Because I realized Gillen was right and I will have to get a few ranks in Handle animal and Ride if I want to be a decent auroch (and bulette) rider, and I can't possibly invest in Craft. Massive skill starvation, you know.

also maybe later we should all get awaken cast on our mounts, and then they become NPC's and can take class levels for instant hilarity.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:43:03 am by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 14, 2013, 08:40:10 am »

Actually, as far as I'm aware, you can supplement your spells.  Namely, you can get it cast from another source, such as scrolls or friendly wizards, or you can add +5 to the DC and craft it withouta prerequisite.  That being, you can essentially make any enchant using Cleric list magic, even without knowing the spell, but take a more difficult crafting time.  However, skill boost items are much cheaper than other items, so Ring of Spellcrafting +5 would cost some 2,500 and half that to produce on your own.

Also as far as I can tell, 'basic' enchants have no requirements except item creation feat.  Making a +1 weapon requires no specific skills or spells, just that your caster level is 3x the desired enchant.  Making skill bonus items, attribute bonus items, and AC boost items require no specific spells.

I'd also highly suggest looking up the rules for custom magic items.  That's where the fun gets.  Having an Amulet of Cure Light Wounds 5/Day would go a long way towards survival, not to mention items like Amulet of Shield/Mage Armor (or both!) or Horseshoes of Permanent Ant Haul (for the barbarian to wear, of course).

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 14, 2013, 08:50:03 am »

Monsieur Naryar, I am always right.
*bows*

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 14, 2013, 11:10:35 am »

Now I realize I can probably enchant my military saddle to make it give Ride and Handle animal skill bonuses to the rider... not to mention the capacity of making the rider being capable to use Handle animal untrained  8)

Heh, I'll probably get a point of handle animal anyways for +3 to rolls. all I need is to beat DC10 to order my mount to attack or do stuff other than moving.

also, we can already do 2 attacks a round if mounted and make DC10 Ride check. I don't seem to find clear mounted combat rules, though... most especially on what actions you and your mule can do.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:24:49 am by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 14, 2013, 11:34:19 am »

(bonus)^2 * 100 * 2 = Cost of an enchanted saddle of skill bonus.
1 = 200
2 = 800
3 = 1,800

It'd be half as much to do a regular item, but a Saddle is technically a 'slotless' item so the cost is twice as much, on account of being able to stack on existing items, slotless items get penalized on price.  It costs 1/2 as much to make it yourself.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 14, 2013, 11:41:21 am »

Well considering I will intend to take Craft Wondrous Item as my third skill...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:44:37 am by Naryar »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 14, 2013, 11:43:56 am »

Make me a suit of fire forged steel plate mail. :3

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 14, 2013, 11:51:43 am »

Make me a suit of fire forged steel plate mail. :3

Better ask amaranth.

Yes, I am fully aware of the irony.

I can probably use craft wondrous item to make you or your horse something that increases charge damage, because I have the spell for it (Bull's Strength) and because rhino hide is just lame as armor.

Not to mention hooves of +30ft speed for your horse and probably a belt of giant strength, so he may wear platemail as well without too much maluses. I mean, what's cooler than a horse in platemail ?

Or just go griffon and get the best light armor you can on it.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 14, 2013, 11:57:02 am »

I've been actually debating with myself about getting a griffon... but I decided against it. Mainly because A) I'm not a beast rider, meaning that I won't have any bonuses for riding it, and he won't be my 'companion' and B) I could take the archetype next time I level up according to the rules, but it would take away my heavy armor proficiency.

Soo.. I should just stick to my horse.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 14, 2013, 12:04:02 pm »

I've been actually debating with myself about getting a griffon... but I decided against it. Mainly because A) I'm not a beast rider, meaning that I won't have any bonuses for riding it, and he won't be my 'companion' and B) I could take the archetype next time I level up according to the rules, but it would take away my heavy armor proficiency.

Soo.. I should just stick to my horse.

Then... amulet of fly ? Wind walk ? Stuff like this ?

also you should definitely go seduce some nymph. No, i'm not kidding or playing with you. Not only you get a lady to dedicate yourself to, but you're CG, the nymph is, and well... +4 to Will saving throws.

https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/nymph

With your by my honor ability, you'll get seriously solid Will saves for a fighter-type.

also handy if you want to do crafting, or go battle herald and need Perform... well, only good stuff.

also it is chosen, i'm definitely going to take Craft Wondrous Item and Magic arms and armor.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:06:01 pm by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 14, 2013, 12:05:53 pm »

Of course, I expect our spellcasters to craft/enhance enough items to boost my STR to 30 or more.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89