Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91925 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #990 on: March 12, 2013, 05:17:04 pm »

I think what she means is that it depends on your past actions, and instead of restricting your character as a whole constantly, it's more like, you've done something something, so you are known as something. So people will treat you as something.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 12, 2013, 05:24:52 pm »

I think what she means is that it depends on your past actions, and instead of restricting your character as a whole constantly, it's more like, you've done something something, so you are known as something. So people will treat you as something.

Well, it's a reputation system.

Should we not completely get rid of the alignment system together and just put on a numeric reputation system for different factions, ala Freelancer ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 12, 2013, 05:27:20 pm »

That's more what I'm towards.  Alignment itself is an extremely meta-game thing.  Like assassins can only be evil.  But what about the Royal Assassin, who kills enemies of the state?  So begone with conventional alignment, almost entirely.  It still matters a little, to deities, but otherwise things like "Detect Evil" are gonna be all but worthless.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 12, 2013, 05:39:25 pm »

OK, i now claim for Lek the alignment of "Bloodthirsty Neutral". I don't quite like it though, if someone has a better idea...

Artael is "Chaotic Badass", Gillen is "Anxious Good", Amaranth is "Squishy Good", and Alouette is "Chaotic Psychotic".

There, it's been decided.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:42:25 pm by Naryar »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 12, 2013, 05:40:58 pm »

No it's not.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 12, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »

No it's not.

Is "Oh Shit Good" any better ?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 12, 2013, 05:46:18 pm »

No

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 12, 2013, 05:48:56 pm »

"CHAAAAAAAARGE Good" ?

...nevermind, that's me.

"Spearwall Good" ?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 12, 2013, 05:50:13 pm »

D:

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 12, 2013, 05:52:34 pm »

Hah ! I am merely poking you with a stick, and seeing what can we find like fitting nickname for you.

I do not seem to have other ideas. "Chaotic Badass" is definitely fitting, though.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 12, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

Well, gimme two or three sessions and you'll know what to call my reputation. we didn't rp at all, mainly because, you know, HALF the party is concerned about xp gains rather than actual fun itself, we don't have any opportunity of doing any roleplays, and the sessions are becomeing more and more combat heavy less dialoguey ones. So there's no real way of knowing my character, because A) My character is a dialogue heavy character, B) I don't prefer posting about characters since it's opposed to my ideas of roleplaying.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:12:37 pm by DoomOnion »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 12, 2013, 06:17:46 pm »

So you don't have fun getting leveled up and getting new abilities, and developing your character ?

I did roleplay last session, you guys not so much but everyone had ample opportunities to do it while in Grand South. Yet I don't remember much roleplaying being done apart from my random encounter.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:13 pm »

Nah, I didn't say anything like that. It's just that we are so enthusiastic about gaining xp and gold, but not so much in roleplay. Quite frankly speaking we were just yelling at the DM after each and every encounter about the amount of xp we just won. In fact, I remember telling you guys to just wait till the session end during the spider dungeon.

But on the other hand for roleplay... each time we are given chance to roleplay it gets astonishingly awkward. and no real depth of character can be seen.
It's going to be our 5th session this week, and if we still can't figure this out properly it's going to be this way forever, that's what i am afraid of.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 12, 2013, 06:47:51 pm »

Problem is, a lot of people still seem to have an MMO-mindset of sorts - any time you're being given a quest, tap 'x' rapidly to get to the good part.  Not realizing that literally every single moment in a town is a chance to roleplay.  Take a walk through the tavern or something.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 12, 2013, 06:50:39 pm »

Artael is "Chaotic Badass"

ARTAEL APPROVES

Problem is, a lot of people still seem to have an MMO-mindset of sorts - any time you're being given a quest, tap 'x' rapidly to get to the good part.  Not realizing that literally every single moment in a town is a chance to roleplay.  Take a walk through the tavern or something.
Our party should brawl against each other and the winner should take 5 GPs from every loser! We should do this every week!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 89