Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91955 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #945 on: March 08, 2013, 06:58:43 pm »

The elven sorcerer can outdo you in crafting of magic weapons and armor.
By a mile.
By thousand miles.
Since you are skill starving, I wouldn't spend skill points on them, even though you have magic weapons and armor fetishes.

...Fine.

So I'll be mainly focusing on spellcraft, perception, sense motive, knowledge (religion) and knowledge (history) then.

Alouette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:39 am »

I wouldn't drop healing just yet, not sure how great I'll be at healing and another set of hands on lay on can't hurt. I can promise none of you will bleed out short of losing a limb though. Focusing on healing, but going to try and be as utility as I can so I can be loved instead of resented =3 Though unless you specifically want me to be something drastic, building this one as a character more then a doom machine with god on her side, as clerics tend to become.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 09, 2013, 11:42:00 am »

I wouldn't drop healing just yet, not sure how great I'll be at healing and another set of hands on lay on can't hurt. I can promise none of you will bleed out short of losing a limb though. Focusing on healing, but going to try and be as utility as I can so I can be loved instead of resented =3 Though unless you specifically want me to be something drastic, building this one as a character more then a doom machine with god on her side, as clerics tend to become.

We... already have a doom machine. I think.
Between the bloodthirsty cries of two battle clerics, my character would probably end up losing it and go nuts.
So no more doom machine.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 09, 2013, 12:16:05 pm »

I don't intend to give up on healing, just on the Heal skill. Which is arguably not that useful considering that I can already auto swap my spells for cure spells, and also channel positive energy. I figured that as a dedicated healer you'll do better by having it.

I'll just be the secondary healer and focus more on buffing and charging enemies.

What god, domains and/or subdomains do you have ?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:19:20 pm by Naryar »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 09, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »

By a mile.
By thousand miles.
Since you are skill starving, I wouldn't spend skill points on them, even though you have magic weapons and armor fetishes.

Sorcerers can't craft magic weapons and armour for shit...

They get a maximum of 6 spells of each level no matter what, unless pathfinder archetypes do silliness allowing otherwise.

They're better than a non-caster or a class with access to like six spells or something, but they're not very good at it at all.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 09, 2013, 01:01:07 pm »

Crafting magic items can add a +5 DC to crafting for every prerequisite they do not meet.

Not to mention that items like +2 Dex and +1 Longsword require no spells, and anyone with magic can create them.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 09, 2013, 02:20:22 pm »

By a mile.
By thousand miles.

They get a maximum of 6 spells of each level no matter what, unless pathfinder archetypes do silliness allowing otherwise.

They're better than a non-caster or a class with access to like six spells or something, but they're not very good at it at all.
Sage type elven sorcerer. Crap load of intelligence.
Literally, +5 at level 1.
So she'll be better at crafting magical stuff then Lek can ever be.

Also, I am feeling very uncomfortable about non-players telling players do this and do that for min maxing.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 09, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »

By a mile.
By thousand miles.

Sage type elven sorcerer. Crap load of intelligence.
Literally, +5 at level 1.
So she'll be better at crafting magical stuff then Lek can ever be.

Also, I am feeling very uncomfortable about non-players telling players do this and do that for min maxing.

She'll be better at crafting, but have you seen her list of spells known and mine ?

Not to mention that items like +2 Dex and +1 Longsword require no spells, and anyone with magic can create them.

+2 dex item requires cat's grace IIRC.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 09, 2013, 03:17:49 pm »

...I never said 'hurr durr she is stronger than you hurr durr'. Why does this thread always end up being a ground for comparing who's the better min-maxer?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 09, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »

...I never said 'hurr durr she is stronger than you hurr durr'. Why does this thread always end up being a ground for comparing who's the better min-maxer?

You claimed she was better at me at crafting magical items. It's not even about minmaxing. Minmaxing is putting 3 Charisma in a character.

Sure she does have much more spellcraft, but the problem is the sorcerer's very restricted spell list, as Baneling pointed out.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 09, 2013, 03:31:41 pm »

What exactly is the agenda? Come on, do you want us to praise your character for being able to do absolutely everything?

I'm not exactly minmaxing. Go to paizo forums and ask the community if a Cavalier with 16 charisma and order of blue rose is a min maxed combat oriented character, and they will laugh their asses off.

We always end up derailing this thread between you and me, and I'd like it to just stop.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 09, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »

DoomOnion you're becoming increasingly argumentative as this thread goes on.  Maybe everyone should start posting their tone of voice so you can be sure no one's being condescending?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 09, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

So the server is dowwwwn. Stupid R20.
Should we wait?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:25:30 pm by DoomOnion »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 09, 2013, 07:28:22 pm »

Yeah, I can't join either. I was busy adding the stuff I bought to my character sheet anyway. I hope it gets back on quick

It's back on.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:29:58 pm by Leatra »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 09, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »

Server back up.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 89