Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 92004 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2013, 06:55:22 pm »

It is easier to sort the Cleric types in Pathfinder when there are clear domain tiers.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »

There's way too many types of clerics, I have no idea...

Support cleric - Buffer and bandaid
Bad touch cleric - Debuffer
Necromancy cleric - exactly what it says on the tin; can double at blaster with channel negative energy)
Battle cleric - Melee cleric, mostly geared to do the most damage per round he can
archer cleric - Ranged offense cleric

There are the main types. There's also the blaster cleric and the skill + stealth cleric, but in these cases... you're doing it wrong. Clerics are pretty horrible at being skillmonkeys, and just a little less bad at being blasters. Play a sorcerer or inquisitor.

It also depends on the domain and god, of course.

I wonder how Lek will interact with her :D

Go play with your flail.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:35:19 pm by Naryar »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:05 pm »

Pathfinder Clerics are capable of some pretty amazing stunts though.

Strength Clerics don't really get good abilities in terms of raw metagaming... but honestly the ability to bend the bars of your own prison is raw awsome.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 06, 2013, 08:42:17 pm »

Pathfinder Clerics are capable of some pretty amazing stunts though.

Strength Clerics don't really get good abilities in terms of raw metagaming... but honestly the ability to bend the bars of your own prison is raw awsome.

They do get a very nice spell selection though.
ut
Strength Surge is crap, and you can change it to ferocity for an actually useful 1st level ability, but then you lose stoneskin.

I took war(tactics) because the power and spells are awesome, also because my cleric is a tactician.

Destruction(rage) would have been just plain average for a pure cleric but since 2 levels of invulnerable rager... i'm looking at 5 DR/- at level 20.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:47:36 pm by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 06, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »

Go play with your flail.

My character decided to play that game with only a minimum number of 2 players from now on.

BTW, we better get spells like invisibility, knock (for our sorcerer) and rogue-ish spells like that. I have a feeling that we are going to head into some combat encounters that we can't win using just brute force. TPKs sometimes do happen because of the arrogance of players and their inability to surrender, not being sneaky and doing everything in a flashy way, or just calling it quits and running away like little bitches (we seem to do fine in that department though) when things look grim.

We no longer charge every living thing though. Charging a wall down doesn't count as charging a living being.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 06, 2013, 09:36:06 pm »

Actually, I will say that smashing down a wall is one of the more primo things to aim for.  As far as tactics go, nothing ruins an entranched position like actually ruining the position.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 06, 2013, 10:13:04 pm »

Go play with your flail.

My character decided to play that game with only a minimum number of 2 players from now on.

BTW, we better get spells like invisibility, knock (for our sorcerer) and rogue-ish spells like that. I have a feeling that we are going to head into some combat encounters that we can't win using just brute force. TPKs sometimes do happen because of the arrogance of players and their inability to surrender, not being sneaky and doing everything in a flashy way, or just calling it quits and running away like little bitches (we seem to do fine in that department though) when things look grim.

We no longer charge every living thing though. Charging a wall down doesn't count as charging a living being.

The problem is that a Sorcerer isn't an utility build. You want a Wizard for that.

Or our sorceress can go utility, and then promptly feel useless with blasting and archery. Besides, she's gonna need some buffs else she won't hit anything at the higher levels, and she'll probably go unconscious as long as a monster pokes her.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:25:08 am by Naryar »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 07, 2013, 05:14:00 am »

Edit : Yeah, I won't be able to play 10-12 hours this weekend, i have quite a bit of obligations. 6 hours most likely, more than that... i don't think so.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:23:06 pm by Naryar »

Alouette

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 07, 2013, 11:43:14 pm »

Ello ello, I'll be joining you crazies for a session every now and then depending on work, I'm new to these forums, so any insult to custom is merely inexperience. Not a rogue, but more of a healery cleric, few tricks in the bag, but hopefully I'm helpful and not a sack of amazingly awesome potatoes.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 08, 2013, 12:05:57 am »

Can you heal my dead horse please, I feel so sad I can't do anything without him. Goblins ate him. Plz heal him.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 08, 2013, 12:45:50 am »

Can you heal my dead horse please, I feel so sad I can't do anything without him. Goblins ate him. Plz heal him.

Ohh the classes curse!

you should have got Barding.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 08, 2013, 02:50:27 am »

Ello ello, I'll be joining you crazies for a session every now and then depending on work, I'm new to these forums, so any insult to custom is merely inexperience. Not a rogue, but more of a healery cleric, few tricks in the bag, but hopefully I'm helpful and not a sack of amazingly awesome potatoes.

Hello there, fellow cleric.

I can't understand why someone would find it fun to play a support cleric, but hey, it may not be glamourous but it's always useful. Welcome.

You may want to develop a decent offense because enemies dead earlier = less healing needed for the encounter.

also we're now at support cleric - melee cleric - barbarian - cavalier - sorcerer.

Would be cool to get a wizard for the sheer utility it provides.

and yeah, let's just not go with a rogue. We are doing quite well in perception already.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:55:09 am by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 08, 2013, 08:08:44 am »

Welcome to da club! May your kills be many and your healing swift.

I feel inclined to start playing Temple of Elemental Evil again with exactly this party.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 08, 2013, 10:34:39 am »

Ohh the classes curse!

you should have got Barding.

Wanted to be a knight on a horse. So I became a knight on a horse. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 08, 2013, 12:06:14 pm »

Well Any melee class can become a knight on a horse.

You became a Centaur :P
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89