Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 92044 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #855 on: March 04, 2013, 07:20:44 pm »

WE CHARGE THROUGH THE DOOR

Now you're giving me excellent ideas to roleplay my character !

In fact, Naryar needs to stop in general.  Every single description I've made, he's said something first.

...Fine, I'll try and be more patient next time.

although what pisses you off exactly ? That we do actions before you describe stuff, or that we just talk between ourselves when you type ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:00 pm »

Taking actions, mainly.  If you enter a new area, or you declare an action, or you say something, and the chat box says "Girlinhat (GM) is typing" then you need to keep quite and wait for me to finish.  Because you KNOW I'm going to type something that will change your actions and anything you try to do before I type will be invalid because I'm about to mention the giant cave troll or something.

In other words, if I'm doing something, then you shouldn't do anything.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 04, 2013, 07:29:54 pm »

Taking actions, mainly.  If you enter a new area, or you declare an action, or you say something, and the chat box says "Girlinhat (GM) is typing" then you need to keep quite and wait for me to finish.  Because you KNOW I'm going to type something that will change your actions and anything you try to do before I type will be invalid because I'm about to mention the giant cave troll or something.

In other words, if I'm doing something, then you shouldn't do anything.

Seems fair enough. I'll try shutting up at the right moment then.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 04, 2013, 08:32:51 pm »

It is true there isn't a lot of discussion between characters, or any real interaction beyond some sense of camaraderie, us trying to survive and your character trying to get into the elf's robes.
I had that.

Thing is, it was mostly hateful. IC.

... i'm afraid I don't get it

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 04, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »

He's trying to say that Farson had interaction with others.

I would argue 'no' because threatening to shoot everyone doesn't count for interaction.  In fact it just makes you annoying.  Which is true of any character that only has one action they repeat, but it's particularly annoying when their only action is to degrade party dynamics into fistfights and/or stabbing matches.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 04, 2013, 09:09:24 pm »

oh wait i thought it was leatra posting rofl

Yeah, you roleplayed your character as an asshole. Hey, if it's your character concept it's fine. after all, we didn't get a inter-party stabbing match or a fistfight.

Yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 04, 2013, 09:11:13 pm »

With Girlinhat's game there, I feel like I am in dirrect competition.

Especially since half my players are in Girlinhat's game.

In my game we had a barfight where 80% of the party ended up rolling around in fish and beer. In Girlinhat's game they fought Goblins in epic showdowns.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:13:37 pm by Neonivek »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 04, 2013, 09:34:21 pm »

GIH's campaign is goblin centered, I get the feeling that your campaign will mostly be about cave creatures and brigands. I think both campaign's got their own niches. Can't really say about whose combat is more fun or not (yet), because neo only threw a 'tutorial' bar fight at us, we haven't seen the real shit.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 04, 2013, 10:21:14 pm »

I'm also a killer GM.  If someone isn't fearing for their life in each encounter, then I didn't set it up right.  I would almost say, ideally, that someone needs to get KO'd every encounter, even.  Instil some panic in the fight!  This does, of course, depend on how the players handle it.  Smart fighting should be rewarded with a lower death count!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 05, 2013, 06:24:36 am »

Talking of killer game master, I have the impression you gave us an easier adventure because the 2 former didn't went up so well...

but yet again we haven't seen everything in the dungeon. Maybe that spider is more dangerous than a standard Large venomous spider.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:40:25 am by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 05, 2013, 11:16:42 am »

Talking about roleplaying, can anyone think of a reason why our characters are still together? Look at our team, we probably should hate each other. I should probably have killed Amarath off and taken her pointy ears.

I tried to put it in a "our first mercenary job was good and we decided to stick together" kinda way. Also, character development is a good excuse for everything.

BTW, stop tempting DM into murdering us guys.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 05, 2013, 11:19:04 am »

Talking about roleplaying, can anyone think of a reason why our characters are still together? Look at our team, we probably should hate each other. I should probably have killed Amarath off and taken her pointy ears.

I tried to put it in a "our first mercenary job was good and we decided to stick together" kinda way. Also, character development is a good excuse for everything.

BTW, stop tempting DM into murdering us guys.

Well there is the fact that being appart would be a quick way to get yourself killed or because you are all destined to be together...

OR you were all secretly kittens from the same cat who were turned into your respective races and impregnated into your mothers.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 05, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »

I dunno, I hate no one in the team. Well, my character doesn't know that Gillen is a pacifist. Yet.

also there is this "fire forged friends" stuff, considering we were nearly killed twice together. I do believe Lek felt more close to everyone else after that bandit attack.

Yeah, we haven't fleshed out our relationships with other characters other than vague camaraderie. Mostly because all of what we were doing was traveling, fighting, adventuring, talking to other people, selling loot and sleeping. also, alcohol.

I fully intend to roleplay my barbarian multiclass via talking to artael and trying to get a few pointers out of it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 05, 2013, 01:08:53 pm »

By the by, you all being Kittens is now CANON!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 05, 2013, 01:16:06 pm »

I think just for everyone's first campaign, we'll assume that we somehow worked everything out and can adventure together without trouble.  In-party conflict is a tricky thing to balance while staying in-character opposed and out-of-character wanting to keep playing.

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 89