Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 92095 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #555 on: February 19, 2013, 11:26:32 pm »

All of Glyph's advice is awesome.  Some more 4e apologism:  Take a look through how 4e sets up encounters.  3e and Pathfinder aren't as well-defined as 4e, but a lot of the advice they give transfers pretty well

Honestly the BIGGEST dropped ball 4e did was that they didn't make a strategy RPG out of it.

They basically set it up as one and yet they never capitalised on it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 20, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

Personally I'm OK with the difficulty level. We do have a barbarian which is currently at +9 bab and 1d10+10 damage at level 1, after all.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2013, 02:09:08 am »

That's par for the course for barbarians though.  That's the one problem with them, you get this sense like you're MurderLord, Fucker of Monsters, but that's just what barbarians do.  It's expected, and monster challenge ratings are made with it in mind.
Shoes...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:33 am »

That's par for the course for barbarians though.  That's the one problem with them, you get this sense like you're MurderLord, Fucker of Monsters, but that's just what barbarians do.  It's expected, and monster challenge ratings are made with it in mind.

Maybe GM should get the difficulty even higher ?

But I have a feeling there will be some blatant overshadowing in the later levels. I mean, cavalier or ranger is a fun class, but compared to what I or you or the druid can do ?

Maybe greatorder or DoomOnion should buff their classes with GM approval.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2013, 07:16:43 am »

I just realised I'm not gonna be able to make it to the next session  :(

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:39 am »

...and we're down to a single spellcaster in the party.

I gotta think about my spell choice real hard, although i'm probably gotta go Bless/Enlarge Person and the last spell i have no idea what to take.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:43:57 am by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20:40 am »

Ok let's be honest?  Are people having trouble making it to 'this session' or are people gonna have trouble making it to 'every session' because now I'm getting the idea that no one consulted their schedule, they just had one saturday free so they decided to hop in.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:33 am »

Over the internet there are several points where a game have a great chance to end.

UNFORTUNATELY...

Before the first session and after the first session... are one of them.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 20, 2013, 09:52:40 am »

Oh come on, let's not be overly-dramatic here. It's not gonna end.
Even if they permenantly drop out, we only lost 2 people.

Leatra, Naryar, and I can't be any more enthusiastic than this about this session, you know :P
If they are long gone, just kill them off during an encounter or something, and find substitutes.
End of story.

I would still like it much better if you guys stated WHY you cannot show up, though it's entirely up to you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 20, 2013, 09:53:39 am »

What it actually means is that a game has a few rocky times.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 20, 2013, 09:54:44 am »

Oh yeah, definately. and if GIH actually does generate only one magic amulet for loots, that would indeed count as one of those moments.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 20, 2013, 09:59:17 am »

It's not as if there's not replacement characters available, also.  There's enough character sheets I've been given to remake a party, and given a week could probably generate more.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:26 am »

Personally I'm OK with the difficulty level. We do have a barbarian which is currently at +9 bab and 1d10+10 damage at level 1, after all.
Barbarians are boss at earlier levels but later levels are where classes like Wizards shine. Besides, I don't have any other skills than repeatedly bashing people with heavy things. A rogue's skills can be invaluable sometimes. Every party needs classes which assumes a support role.

Anyway, so we have 2 people who dropped out. Last week, I ditched my friends to be in that session. Later, my friends called and wanted to meet next Saturday. I said I wasn't available that day again. It didn't make them happy.

So... It was quite obvious days ago that we all are going to be unavailable every Saturday. I mean if it isn't a case of emergency, like a serious illness or something... I dunno. We all should be committed to our schedule. I'm not criticizing anyone but it just seems unfair since we were the ones who managed to join this game while every other person was rejected. I'm also very happy with the people I'm playing with and I would hate to see people stop playing.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 20, 2013, 10:25:21 am »

You 6.  PM me your available schedules and I'll see if another day isn't available.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 20, 2013, 10:29:33 am »

Barbarians are boss at earlier levels but later levels are where classes like Wizards shine. Besides, I don't have any other skills than repeatedly bashing people with heavy things. A rogue's skills can be invaluable sometimes. Every party needs classes which assumes a support role.

Anyway, so we have 2 people who dropped out. Last week, I ditched my friends to be in that session. Later, my friends called and wanted to meet next Saturday. I said I wasn't available that day again. It didn't make them happy.

So... It was quite obvious days ago that we all are going to be unavailable every Saturday. I mean if it isn't a case of emergency, like a serious illness or something... I dunno. We all should be committed to our schedule. I'm not criticizing anyone but it just seems unfair since we were the ones who managed to join this game while every other person was rejected. I'm also very happy with the people I'm playing with and I would hate to see people stop playing.

No one dropped out, we are just assuming that da dwarf lord dropped out given the lack of explanation and his inactivity on the forums :S
Cthulu is quite active, and he seems quite fond of the session, so I think he's not dropping out.

'If' people drop out, that is, Yoink and Darvi are still waiting for someone to drop out, so we do have some alternative options.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 89