Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 92053 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #450 on: February 18, 2013, 12:35:50 pm »

Flaming Ogres.

Either gay or actually on fire.  You pick.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 18, 2013, 12:38:40 pm »

Unskilled labor earns 1sp per day, or .7gp per week.  Earning 3.5gp per week to accompany an adventurer as 'the guy who sits outside and make sure the horses don't wander off' is pretty decent money

Ohh yeah I forgot that 3.5 and Pathfinder actually created a outright story/gameplay segregation with money earning. (Before 3.5 or 3.0 I forget they actually gave profession a range of success... so you could earn copper or silver instead of gold)

Since all a commoner would have to do is use profession and get 6 gold, spend 2.4 a week on food, and a bit on taxes, some silver on clothes... and they are golden.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:25 pm »

So, in conclusion we can have mooks to do non-combat stuff for us.

YOU THERE! POLISH MY BOOTS OR YOU SHALL TASTE MY FLAIL!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 18, 2013, 12:41:22 pm »

And lucky for you ALL good creatures are very poor combat wise, they are based on avoiding combat, outside the angels, archons, and divas.

So you will be possitively unpunished for your crimes.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 18, 2013, 12:44:45 pm »

I have no idea what just Neonivek said.
Even if I do end up getting leadership, I am not going to go around recruiting fancy high fantasy creatures, if that's what he's saying. :s
I would still like to see mass combat in our campagin though, without our adventuring party being involved.
After all, we're an adventuring party, right?
Being able to send off mass quantity of mooks armed with basic equipment to go get slaughtered by some brigands while we go on a loot quest is always fun.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:39 pm »

He is talking about me :P

But my character isn't being actively evil. He just tends to be violent and stuff. There are lines even he won't cross.

Being able to send off mass quantity of mooks armed with basic equipment to go get slaughtered by some brigands while we go on a loot quest is always fun.
That sounds like a good way to give combat for mooks. That's probably a late-game stuff though. We can recruit some mooks, zerg rush some dude, DM rolls some dices, and we get the result.

Of course, DM's word is final (I don't wanna get charged by 17 ogres)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 18, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »

Ohohohohoho trust me, the 17 gay ogres wouldn't want to be charged by you as well.

Edit: I just realized, none of this actually matters given how there's a very high chance that we'll all die to the armored goblins on our next session :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:57:53 pm by DoomOnion »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:29 pm »

Even I wouldn't go for that. People might think I'm a homophobic serial killer or something.

Edit: We might still have a chance if we kill the leaders. That should instill fear among goblins.
We should have just set the whole fort on fire. Easier and funnier.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:59:16 pm by Leatra »

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 18, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »

Setting the entire fort on fire, and we could have just sat on a meadow 100ft away, watching the fort and goblins burn, singing Kumbaya my lord, yes, that could have been potentially fun.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 18, 2013, 01:10:36 pm »

If you've got access, look up the rules for Kingmaker.  The relevant books are River Runs Red for the rules on cities and income, and War of the River King for rules on Mass Combat.  It essentially forms armies into single units at a base size of 100 soldiers, generally Warrior 1, which is the generic combat NPC class, at level 1.  However, some of the factors are a bit off...  It costs 2 BP (ie, kingdom-gold) to equip an army with masterwork weapons.  According to who you ask, that's 500, 2,000, 3,000, or 4,000 GP.
Spoiler: The value of BP (click to show/hide)
So I'm going to redo the rules on Kingmaker content in favor of something more homebrew balance, because it's otherwise kinda broken, but still use it as a base since I'll have a structure to build on.

In terms of Leadership and Kingmaker, mooks will be able to function as a lower-cost army, but of a limited amount, primarily meant to guard your person from being surrounded by an opposing army and just buy time while you figure out what to do.  Cohorts will be able to assume leadership positions (treasurer, royal assassin, warden, etc) and lead armies, although random NPC will be rolled up to fill these positions as well, refreshed each month or so.

Mooks can still be used for conventional purpose once Kingmaker rules come in, like tending the wagons, tending vehicles, or sitting around town trying to earn spare cash or attempt production - level 1 mooks will be unskilled labor, but higher ranked mooks can be allowed to take specialty roles and try crafting or profession skills, allowing them to produce equipment, enchant items, or attempt to make gp by simply working the town.  However, mooks are still pretty lame, and can't produce higher quality goods nor produce anything very quickly.  But, I dunno, if you find piles of short swords, you could have the mooks enchant them to +1 and then resale them, or to hawk your loot to merchants and try and make a higher profit.  I'm really not sure, we'll see what happens.

Keep in mind, this can be a lot of dice rolls.  I'm very likely to port it off and make my own Python script to roll dice in bulk for massive mook checks, and most of them will fail.  They are mooks, after all.

NINJA: Burned forts offer no loot.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 18, 2013, 01:29:00 pm »

Even I wouldn't go for that. People might think I'm a homophobic serial killer or something.

Edit: We might still have a chance if we kill the leaders. That should instill fear among goblins.
We should have just set the whole fort on fire. Easier and funnier.

What makes you think they are the leaders? For all I know, there's a huuuge hole dug up in the fort. An armed ogre might pop out of it for all I know...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 18, 2013, 01:38:43 pm »

-snip-
Yay for future homebrew Kingmaker awesomeness! I just hope I'll be alive to see it. I'm gonna check the books.

What makes you think they are the leaders? For all I know, there's a huuuge hole dug up in the fort. An armed ogre might pop out of it for all I know...
Shhh, don't tempt the DM.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 18, 2013, 01:41:34 pm »

wat. Are we going to have 17 ogres charging at us?
Oh lord. Oh god.

Do I sense fear in your words, knight ?

Besides artael is worth 10 ogres by himself.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 18, 2013, 02:24:48 pm »

If you love him so much, why don't you marry him?
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 18, 2013, 02:27:15 pm »

We don't encourage -that sort- of marriage here.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 89