Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 92015 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:06 am »

Well, Beast allows me to Pounce which doesn't seem that useful. If I pounce, I make a full attack but don't I still do that while charging? I looked around some threads and pretty much everyone recommended Beast. I guess I would go for it if I didn't have my Flail of Destruction and 20 STR.

If I take Dragon, I can fly during the duration of the rage. Fly becomes a class skill for me. Imagine the badassery I could execute. I must not forget to land down before my rage ends or that badaserry could turn into negative hit points because of the fall.

Go here, press CTRL+F, type "totem", click Highlight All, and see why I'm having trouble with deciding.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59:50 am »

take dragon. Flying increases tactical possibilities by a hundred.

also, what's more badass than a barbarian with 20str ? a FLYING barbarian with 20str.

Taking a 5 foot step is a swift action that incurs no attack of opportunity.  5-step back, heal, and move back into position.  May also be a good chance to Channel Positive Energy or whatnot, I forget what all clerics can do.

good to know.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:11:05 pm by Naryar »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »

You do not normally get a full attack while charging.  You make a single attack.

If you have multiple attacks, Pounce is boss, you'll notice I got it on my Eidolon before I even had Reach on all his weapons.  He gets three attacks on a charge.
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2013, 12:12:05 pm »

Once you hit level 5-ish, you'll get enough BAB to do multiple attacks, so pounce would let you use your flail twice, at BAB +6 for the first strike, and +1 for the second strike.

On the other hand, flying is pretty boss.  In our current palisade assault, you could have taken to the walls and shredded the archers.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »

Also, it's important to note that that 5-foot step is the only movement you can make in a round.  You can't step back, take a standard action, then move back into combat.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 17, 2013, 12:17:18 pm »

Also, it's important to note that that 5-foot step is the only movement you can make in a round.  You can't step back, take a standard action, then move back into combat.

Unless you got that feat that allows it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 17, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

No, 5-foot counts as a move, it seems.  So you can take a 5-foot and a standard (heal self), but you cannot take a 5-foot and a move at all.

You can also Withdraw, which lets you move 2x distance and count your starting square as not-threatened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2013, 12:24:24 pm »

No, 5-foot counts as a move, it seems.  So you can take a 5-foot and a standard (heal self), but you cannot take a 5-foot and a move at all.

You can also Withdraw, which lets you move 2x distance and count your starting square as not-threatened.

Well I was refering to a feat combination that lets you move, without AoO, attack, and move.

My favorite enemy in Pathfinder uses it quite well (You do NOT want to fight it out in the open... or spellcaster classes of that race)... The Quickling

Oddly enough inspite being a "Rogue-type" the Quicklings make particularly good spellcasters.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2013, 12:31:40 pm »

I think I'll go with Dragon. The tactical advantage that comes from flying may come really handy.

But Beast will come useful in later levels and flying can be acquired by other means in later levels too. I dunno, I'll decide when I level up.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 17, 2013, 03:14:39 pm »

Can I make a 5-foot step diagonally ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2013, 03:18:17 pm »

Every 2 steps diagonal counts as +5 foot.  So moving diagonal, you can move 1 diagonal for 5 foot, and 2 diagonal for 15 foot.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2013, 03:29:33 pm »

Barbarians: so angry that even gravity GTFO's.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 17, 2013, 05:13:58 pm »

I think i'm gonna take power attack, extra channel, improved overrun and possibly combat casting as feats. The rest... i don't know. maybe create magic arms and armor.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:19:08 pm by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 17, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

Barbarians: so angry that even gravity GTFO's.
My rage shall reshape the reality itself!

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 17, 2013, 05:21:32 pm »

Do not worry about magic arms and armor. I have something in my mind. Something big. Huehuehuehue
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 89