Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91985 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #375 on: February 15, 2013, 05:35:22 pm »

So it's tomorrow 4pm according to this forum's hour ?

I'll be able to be here for 2 hours no problem, but probably not for more than 4 hours, because I live in France.

Shouldn't be a problem next week though.

also i think i'm gonna go Resistance/Guidance/Stabilize for orisons, and Bless/Magic Weapon/Cure Light Wounds for first level spells.

Not forum hour, GirlInHat stated the time zone.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 15, 2013, 05:45:34 pm »

Should we co-ordinate the cantrips/orisons? I can get 3 and I was thinking of Stabilize, Resistance and Flare, but if you guys are getting those/want me to get anything in particular we should work that out

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:47 pm »

So it's tomorrow 4pm according to this forum's hour ?

I'll be able to be here for 2 hours no problem, but probably not for more than 4 hours, because I live in France.

Not forum hour, GirlInHat stated the time zone.

We will play at 4:00 PM (GMT - 6:00). Which is 12:00 AM for my country and 11:00 PM for France.

After the first session, presumably.  There's nothing to write until then.  I was going to make a chronicle of the session and lay out the options facing the party, then the audience can shout obscenities about what to do.  I hadn't considered making it a journal of each character, be tough to get 6 people to post their characters like that I think :P  But GM's chronicle would include basics of how each player handled each thing.
I'd love to have some kind of a journal of my character! Imagine the fun if we all wrote our perspective on what transpired. Come on guys, let's do this.

My Journal
After I accidentally chopped the head of an elf bandit who I was supposed to intimidate so we could carry on without a fight, I decided to rip off his ears and eyes to wear them as an amulet. The kobold said that I smell so bad, wearing those canceled my smell out and made me smell better. It took me only 20 minutes to realize that he was insulting me. I love my new amulet nonetheless. They think I'm just a stupid barbarian who just goes "I SMASH!", but being full of rage doesn't mean I can't appreciate beautiful things in life, like an amulet with ears and eyes on it.

BTW, what are your tips on roleplaying a character with really low INT but above average WIS? I'm thinking about playing my character in a way that he tries to seem intelligent but fails in a funny way most of the time.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2013, 06:29:32 pm »

The healing domain for Clerics is SUPER powerful and almost almighty.
Only if you play a healbot. Which a cleric of a wargod might not be compatible with.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2013, 06:31:51 pm »

Low int and high wis?  Play street smart and common sense.

The mage: "We can strike down the balrog if we attack it from the rear, along the spine."
The barbarian: "I don't think I feel comfortable climbing up a flaming creature's back to stab it.  Can't we just shoot it?  I'm sure there's a balista laying around."

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2013, 06:36:07 pm »

Oooh, I see. Kinda like how my character realized how shitty his life was and how shitty it was going to get if he didn't leave it behind, despite having a low INT score. He still needed a trigger though.

A high INT character would probably try to make his life better, not completely abandon it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2013, 06:36:44 pm »

The mental stats mean different things depending on what whoever wrote the rule books was thinking of. They're like alignments except with less flame-wars.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2013, 07:20:37 pm »

Although this is filled, just posting to note that I'm up for this if a spot pops open, although I am pretty much 100% a newb at DnD.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2013, 08:04:02 pm »

I would like to throw in as an alternate if someone drops out. I should be able to make the current time slot fairly-regularly and have a bit of experience with D&D 3.5 and years of experience with semi-freeform RP. I have a rough character concept in mind right now but would be willing to adapt to the needs of the party.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2013, 10:10:42 pm »

I just cracked my rulebook. Mmmhh, it's so beautiful... And it smells so lovely.
I'll get back to you once I have a bit more of an idea how to DM a game. :P I might pick up a setting book or some such, too. Oh and a bestiary, maybe... Although I could always use the SRD for that.

As for the main party, does Roll20 allow people to spectate? It does sound like quite a bit of fun.
Also one of you needs to completely derail the whole 'skill book' idea by specializing in thrown weapons, taking the Throw Anything feat and using thrown skillbooks as your primary weapon. Do it. Do it now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »

roll20 doesn't really allow for spectators, but rather everyone is a 'player' but not all will have a 'character' assigned to them.  However, if someone is willing to record/stream/upload video, I'd be willing to let them spectate.  But it'd get messy if we tried to just let everyone in at once.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43:12 pm »

roll20 doesn't really allow for spectators, but rather everyone is a 'player' but not all will have a 'character' assigned to them.  However, if someone is willing to record/stream/upload video, I'd be willing to let them spectate.  But it'd get messy if we tried to just let everyone in at once.

Besides the pure awsome that is me would probably overload the servers.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2013, 11:27:58 pm »

Besides the pure awsome that is me would probably overload the servers.

I wouldn't describe it as pure awesomeness, but sure.  ;)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2013, 11:29:27 pm »

awsome / uncontrolled crass cynacism

They are really the same thing arn't they?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2013, 01:55:28 am »

Not at all.  Being a crass cynic is only slightly harder than being asleep.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89