Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91957 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2013, 02:12:03 pm »

My past is fairly specific as to who my character would hate.

He'd hate two groups, the goblinoids, and another you'll probably find out over time.
Also, these aren't DF kobolds, these are lizard-like ones.

Little gremlin like evil creatures that use wimpy tactics to kill you? Similar enough.

Honestly racism knows no bounds. There is no reason why even with that "specific reason" that he couldn't have also developed a very focus hate for similar creatures.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2013, 02:28:24 pm »

and a bow that causes 1d6+4 damage,
I already told GiH about it, but you don't add Dex to ranged damage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2013, 02:38:31 pm »

Attack rolls, not damage rolls.  You get your dex bonus to hit, but not to damage.
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »

Yeah, I keep getting confused there.  Attack rolls should be called 'accuracy rolls' to make sense to me.  So dex makes you more accurate, but doesn't change your damage.  If you invest in a composite bow, however, you CAN add your str modifier to ranged attacks.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »

Or just use throwing weapons of some type. Pick up quick draw, use the ranger's special feats to get two weapon fighting, and throw chakrams or some other cheap light throwing weapon two or more at a time. Pew pew pew! And strength bonus is applied automatically.

Heh, I just imagined an adventurer with like 8 attacks per round, carrying 40 pounds of chakrams on his person just so he can attack for 10 rounds. Would a mass of metal rings hanging all over you count as armor?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:53:13 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2013, 02:55:20 pm »

Actual chakrams were carried on pointed hats.  I feel like a fighter would be a better option, some kinjd of ascetic warrior from a faraway land
Shoes...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 15, 2013, 03:47:24 pm »

yeah i just am realizing how incredibly awesome clerics are. Guidance ? +1 on any attack, saving throw or skill roll, and it's an orison so i can cast it indefinitely. Which is good before throwing a javelin or checking for traps, although I'm pretty sure Gorum won't be pleased if I use it too much for noncombat tasks though.

Bless ? +1 to attack for the whole party for 1 minute.

Channel energy ? It's the near equivalent of 6 Cure Light Wounds.

Not to mention my two special abilities that get +1 to damage or +1 to attack for 1 round, and I can use each 6 times per day. Only gets better with levels.

I'm going to buff a damn lot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 15, 2013, 03:52:44 pm »

The healing domain for Clerics is SUPER powerful and almost almighty.

The Strength domain is cool too to a certain extent.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 15, 2013, 04:04:07 pm »

The healing domain for Clerics is SUPER powerful and almost almighty.

The Strength domain is cool too to a certain extent.

I have Strength and War, which is around 100% buff in the first levels and then gives me quite a bit of offense and utility after 10 levels.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 15, 2013, 04:06:06 pm »

I should state that the strength domain only works for strength checks...

It is pretty disapointing but it does mean that once per day you could actually bend the bars of your jail cell.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 15, 2013, 04:15:41 pm »

I should state that the strength domain only works for strength checks...

It is pretty disapointing but it does mean that once per day you could actually bend the bars of your jail cell.

Might of the Gods is a bit disappointing yes, but still Strength Surge + Battle Rage make a good combo.

Then it only gets stronger at higher levels. With Righteous Might and Divine Power... holy shit.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:18:42 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 15, 2013, 04:45:22 pm »

After the first session, presumably.  There's nothing to write until then.  I was going to make a chronicle of the session and lay out the options facing the party, then the audience can shout obscenities about what to do.  I hadn't considered making it a journal of each character, be tough to get 6 people to post their characters like that I think :P  But GM's chronicle would include basics of how each player handled each thing.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 15, 2013, 04:52:44 pm »

I've been lurking in this thread trying to learn as much as I can about D&D since I've joined a game IRL and you guys have made me want my next game to be Pathfinder, so good job.

Or just use throwing weapons of some type. Pick up quick draw, use the ranger's special feats to get two weapon fighting, and throw chakrams or some other cheap light throwing weapon two or more at a time. Pew pew pew! And strength bonus is applied automatically.

Heh, I just imagined an adventurer with like 8 attacks per round, carrying 40 pounds of chakrams on his person just so he can attack for 10 rounds. Would a mass of metal rings hanging all over you count as armor?
This is actually the direction I'm going with the character I'm playing now. He started out going in the direction of composite longbow + ranged feats but he's better in melee than most of the rest of the group so I need to tweak him to be closer to the action. I've found a surprising number of 3.5e builds based around throwing something ridiculous like 20 daggers a round and hitting for 176d6 damage.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:39 pm »

So it's tomorrow 4pm according to this forum's hour ?

I'll be able to be here for 2 hours no problem, but probably not for more than 4 hours, because I live in France.

Shouldn't be a problem next week though.

also i think i'm gonna go Resistance/Guidance/Stabilize for orisons, and Bless/Magic Weapon/Cure Light Wounds for first level spells.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:24:02 pm by Naryar »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 15, 2013, 05:29:31 pm »

I have guidance as one of my cantrips, and can cast it infinitely.  Since I don't know all of my Cantrips and you can, would you want to prepare a different one to give us more even coverage?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89