Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91900 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »

I am submitting my character. There's already a cleric ? Eh. Maybe i should make it a crusader instead.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »

He won't be playing. Wussed out on char creation.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29:17 pm »

ok then i may have a chance of playing.

I've got a true neutral dwarven cleric of Gorum with the War domain, which is intended as playing as both a tank and a party buffer/healer.

But we'll see.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2013, 06:36:31 pm »

I didn't wuss out. Everyone was throwing links at me, I was an utter noob, everytime someone gave me an advice about something I had to go find what the words actually mean frantically like a mad man.
I realized that the gameplay would be more or less be the same or equally frantic process for me as I have no base knowledge for the game.

So I decided to just observe, not to mention that cleric sounds like hell of an important figure in a party.
I may join up once some people drop out / second campaign is being set up.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »

Since you guys seem to have folks dropping out, I might give a go at making a char if you think you will still have room. I've never played 3.5e or Pathfinder, but I used to play AD&D years ago.

I'm thinking maybe a Sorcerer. I think they can craft magic stuff too, so it would fill in for the missing wizard. Just give me a bit to figure out how 3.5e Pathfinder works so I can make him and come up with some sort of backstory for him.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2013, 07:22:01 pm »

I didn't wuss out.
I think that was in reference to my friend, who was going to play Cleric but had scheduling conflicts.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2013, 07:24:47 pm »

I didn't wuss out. Everyone was throwing links at me, I was an utter noob, everytime someone gave me an advice about something I had to go find what the words actually mean frantically like a mad man.
I realized that the gameplay would be more or less be the same or equally frantic process for me as I have no base knowledge for the game.

So I decided to just observe, not to mention that cleric sounds like hell of an important figure in a party.
I have absolutely no experience whatsoever, like you. I know I'm going to make a fool of myself a lot of times during the first hours but you can't learn if you can't afford to fail. I'd still suggest you to join if we have enough space or something. It's not like people are going to kick you out of the game because you are full of questions. What's better than teaching someone a game you like? Besides, I need another utter noob in the party so I won't feel much inferior :P

BTW, I got ninjad but the point still stands.

Since you guys seem to have folks dropping out, I might give a go at making a char if you think you will still have room. I've never played 3.5e or Pathfinder, but I used to play AD&D years ago.

I'm thinking maybe a Sorcerer. I think they can craft magic stuff too, so it would fill in for the missing wizard. Just give me a bit to figure out how 3.5e Pathfinder works so I can make him and come up with some sort of backstory for him.
I found this helpful.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2013, 07:29:36 pm »

I have absolutely no experience whatsoever, like you. I know I'm going to make a fool of myself a lot of times during the first hours but you can't learn if you can't afford to fail. I'd still suggest you to join if we have enough space or something. It's not like people are going to kick you out of the game because you are full of questions. What's better than teaching someone a game you like? Besides, I need another utter noob in the party so I won't feel much inferior :P

BTW, I got ninjad but the point still stands.

I found this helpful.

I'm a noob aswell!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2013, 07:37:44 pm »

Cool! And we are both Barbarians! *angry-high-five!*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:23 pm »

What do we need some wimpy wizard for, anyway? Pfft. Unless they can swing a blade, they ain't worth the food.

Also, nothing wrong with being a complete newbie! :D The more the merrier, right? Everyone has to start somewhere, after all. I'm partially noobish myself, although I have played a fair bit before. Speaking of which...
I think I'm going to buy a new rulebook today, since I'm planning on re-joining my in person Pathfinder group as well.

Oh, and that time is actually good for me. 8AM, if I'm converting it right to GMT+10. (I'm probably not)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:57 pm »

I've never played Pathfinder but I've played regular D&D for years.  We'll all learn something.
Shoes...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:07 pm »

What do we need some wimpy wizard for, anyway? Pfft. Unless they can swing a blade, they ain't worth the food.
That's probably what I would say in-character. A party still needs a Smart Guy though.

Anyway, I guess we are going to have a gung-ho party which can only mean more blood and fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »

I'm more worried about the tons of melee fighters. It won't bother GO so much but I have a reputation to lose if I hit an ally!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2013, 08:20:16 pm »

I guess sorcerer doesn't fill the wizard role very good. I see to craft items requires knowledge of specific spells, which sorcs are limited on. And it requires spellcraft, which is int based.

Still, it looks like a sorcerer could be a lot of fun to play.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2013, 08:31:02 pm »

Well a Wizard in the early levels in a party of powerful people would be the life saver who hangs back and saves his spells for absolute emergencies.

I once made an Illusionist Sorcerer.

Oddly enough Pathfinder has one of the few illusions that work on the undead (Illusionary Wall, which is "no save" so long as it isn't interacted with)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 89