Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 92106 times)

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #705 on: February 25, 2013, 05:51:46 pm »

and DDL which either has not much time or not much interest, seeing how scarcely he posts here.
Yeah, it's not lack of interest its more the lack of time and the gaming sessions starting at 8am on a Sunday (Australia ftw :P), so if I have to do anything on that day I can't turn up ::) and seeing as I have work this Sunday as well and Uni goes back next week, I think I'm gonna have to pull out, I would feel bad missing out on sessions when there are others who would like my spot

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 25, 2013, 05:53:49 pm »

Very well, party slimming continues.
-Cthulhu
+Ladyfriend
-da dwarf lord

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »

Cthulu? I thought Greatorder was dropping out.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 25, 2013, 06:02:16 pm »

Yeah I'm not getting any names right...
Very well, party slimming continues.
-Cthulhu
-greatorder
+Ladyfriend
-da dwarf lord

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:28 pm »

Aaah, I was afraid the pickup line suggestion had been too much.

I was a little flaky last session but I'll be more into it from now on.  Still probably won't be able to stay for the entirety of these ten hour marathon sessions though.

By the way, regarding time, you may want to consider looking into MapTool if you haven't already.  It's pretty similar to this roll20 thing but with much better macro functionality, at least as far as I can tell.  As in, if you know what you're doing you can set up a button on your character sheet that attacks, using your stats, detects whether or not it hit based on the enemy you attacked, and applies damage to that token.  That's a lot of work ahead of time though, and even the basics speed things up quite a bit.
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 25, 2013, 06:16:30 pm »

I tried maptools.  The interface is a bit more... 'old school' in the sense of 'you have to know how to use it if you want to use it' while roll20 is pretty intuitive.  So it's not just me learning the system, it's everyone else needing to learn it as well.  It's also setting up a server and port forwards and whatnot.

Maptools may be fun, but roll20 lets you dump pictures and tokens in straight from the game's interface, like it has its own tiny google, and it took about a half hour for us to get 6 people set up and ready.  That's decent enough for me.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 25, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »

New character ? Let's see what character she will play...

...Wait, who needs new characters ? Give her control of Charl for maximum lulz.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:17:38 pm by Naryar »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 25, 2013, 06:59:45 pm »

Since two people are dropping out and only one replaces in...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:56 pm »

I assume though, that you generally agree, that if we did 1 vs 1 vs 1 on combat, our first targets would be Artael. He's the squishiest yet the most destructive character.
Yeah, always go for the good ol' poor barbarian. A locked chest which is probably trapped? Let Artael break it open. A hole with god-knows-what in it? Why doesn't Artael jump in? A hot bard is in our sights? No, Artael can't fuck her. Does that bard turn out to be a guy? Then go for it, Arty. Then again, I'm expected to throw myself into danger since I'm playing a barbarian.

Also DoomOnion will be bringing a ladyfriend in, apparently a local friend so we're sure she'll be available for quick turns.  No Artael is not allowed to fuck her.
Aww, man! I never get a chance to use my godly irresistible charms (for those who don't know, I have 7 CHA).

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 25, 2013, 07:38:48 pm »

Since two people are dropping out and only one replaces in...

The point was to speed up things by lowering the number of PC's but what class do you intend to play ?

I assume though, that you generally agree, that if we did 1 vs 1 vs 1 on combat, our first targets would be Artael. He's the squishiest yet the most destructive character.
Yeah, always go for the good ol' poor barbarian. A locked chest which is probably trapped? Let Artael break it open. A hole with god-knows-what in it? Why doesn't Artael jump in? A hot bard is in our sights? No, Artael can't fuck her. Does that bard turn out to be a guy? Then go for it, Arty. Then again, I'm expected to throw myself into danger since I'm playing a barbarian.

You're the one with the largest HP and you complain ?

Also DoomOnion will be bringing a ladyfriend in, apparently a local friend so we're sure she'll be available for quick turns.  No Artael is not allowed to fuck her.
Aww, man! I never get a chance to use my godly irresistible charms (for those who don't know, I have 7 CHA).

You're free to roll diplomacy to impress her (or failing that, grapple).

Unless she plays a man, in that case I shall name the event "the androgynous bard effect"

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 25, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »

Darvi, you may want to make a new character to maximize the chance that you're admitted in.
I don't think gunpowder is THAT common in our current campaign setting..

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 25, 2013, 07:47:25 pm »

Darvi had made a gunslinger, but I've since decided to make guns a 'barely starting' weapon, mainly using black powder for siege weapons and the rare musket, on a specialized assassin using a small pistol.

They're also incredibly expensive, costing 11-20gp per shot.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 25, 2013, 07:52:29 pm »

Yeah but there's no other charisma-based non-spellcaster non-paladin class :V

Also screw rarity I can make gunpowder with bat guano.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02:55 pm »

Did you take a look at sub-classes? They open up a whole new possibilities. One thing that I like about pathfinder, it is.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 25, 2013, 08:10:02 pm »

Considering that my current class is already a subclass...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89