Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91849 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2013, 07:14:44 pm »

That time would be fine for me as well :)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2013, 07:17:35 pm »

Mind you I should state that honor as a goal is Lawful Neutral only if honor is seperated from good and evil. A Samurai under the samurai code has no obligation to help others and can just as easily cut someone down as they can aid them.

The Archtypical Chivalrous Knight however IS Lawful Good even though they are loyal to their honor because their system of honor is linked to acts of good and kindness. Helping the sick, weak, and downtrodden is considered honorable.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2013, 07:20:45 pm »

That time works for me, I probably wont' be able to submit my character until later tonight or Tomorrow.  Got stuff I need to do and transferring him to a better format is being difficult.
Shoes...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:13 pm »

Looks fine.

I'm going to finish my character. Not sure about all of it though.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2013, 07:29:29 pm »

We will also need our own page at Roll20.net if the other 3.5 campaign is going to take place there, unless we can share the editor in some way or something. That editor thing seemed a little difficult for me, when combined with the DM's duties while the game takes place.

Mind you I should state that honor as a goal is Lawful Neutral only if honor is seperated from good and evil. A Samurai under the samurai code has no obligation to help others and can just as easily cut someone down as they can aid them.
Yeah, what can you call a guy who disembowels himself because he ended up shifting slightly towards Chaos? True Lawful Neutral.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2013, 07:32:03 pm »

I'm almost done with my character, only equipment (other than weapons and armor) left to do. I'll submit him soon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »

Well, my 18 dexterity means that I can actually cause up to 8 damage with my bow, and that the X3 critical has a maximum of 24 damage.
Actually I ran some more numbers.  A shortbow deals 1d6 damage, but a halfling uses a small shortbow for 1d4 damage, while using Flight arrows knocks you down a further size to tiny, dealing 1d3 damage, so with 18 dex you get 1d3+4 damage, although if you get a composite shortbow you can add your strength for an additional +1.  Needless to say, Halflings aren't great for DPS due to their size.  While a Ranger is fun, you may consider changing to a Rogue, as they get the Sneak Attack ability - any time the enemy is 'flat footed' or otherwise unable to use their Dex (caught by surprise, asleep, pinned by a grappler) they deal extra damage.
The rogue's attack deals extra damage (called "precision damage") anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.
So at level 1 you'd deal an extra 1d6 damage, and at level 3 it'd be 2d6, and then level 5 would be 3d6...  In addition to regular weapon damage, for a total of 1d3+4+1d6 if you catch them unawares.  1d4+4+1d6 if you don't use Flight arrows, although with that much stealth and range, you'd be decent at using flight arrows to headshot enemies.

Just sayin' that you're a Halfling, so your damage is already lowered, and using Flight arrows deals even lower damage.

For everyone else: I'm still compiling characters and whatnot.  At this rate the game will be on for next week, unless everyone finds free time between now and then.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2013, 08:09:16 pm »

I am genuinely interested, but I am completely new to the genre. :s

Is there a way to observe the players play? or are you planning to post the log to the public by any chance?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2013, 08:17:05 pm »

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/04/24/counter-monkey-pathfinder-live-session-1/
http://spoonyexperiment.com/video-list/

Decent video of play in action, there's 4 sessions of 2-3 videos each, so 2-4 hours per session.  It includes some decent players dying and making new ones as well!  On the second list, scroll down to Counter Monkey.  They're not in chronological order, but it hardly matters.

In fact, everyone watch those, it's decent material from a seasoned DM.

As for getting into the game, if you can hop in steam chat we can help you flesh out a character if you want.  It's really not as complicated as it seems, and you can play without actually knowing how.  Unlike other games where you have to know the controls and stuff, DnD is a game where you can manage it quite well without knowing how to play.  The player can act as they deem appropriate and the DM can care about game mechanics, if it came to that.  So don't be afraid to make mistakes!

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2013, 08:29:26 pm »

That sounds awesome. I think I can do that. My steam nickname is the same with the one I use here, DoomOnion.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2013, 08:30:10 pm »

Then get in Steam chat :P  Link should be in OP.

DERP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Bay12DnD#members

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2013, 09:12:19 pm »

Just woke up, posting from my phone, gonna have breakfast/coffee and I'll finish me sheet.
Think I just needed to calculate weight/height etcetera and then spend the rest of my coin on booze... Maybe a few plump helmet spawn. :P I was tempted by several crazier character ideas, but not knowing anything about the campaign/party I ended up going heavily DF themed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nulzilcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2013, 09:58:46 pm »

Seems like you're pretty well swamped with players. Mind if I sign on as an observer?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2013, 10:09:41 pm »

To those who've yet to finish their characters, or want to revise theirs - please include the weight and value of items you own, and include weapon and armor in your "other equipment" list.

EDIT: At this point, we have 5 confirmed characters who've filled and submitted a sheet.
Baneling will be bringing a Dwarf Wizard with a whole wagon.  Like really, a wagon.
greatorder will be bringing a Halfling Ranger with a mule.
Kansa will be bringing a Half-Elf Rogue.
Laerta will be bringing a Half-Elf Barbarian, who is a brutalizing BEAST, who has a mule as well.
A personal friend without a Bay12 account (yet) will be bringing a Human Cleric but has not totally filled her character sheet yet.
And as I write this I get a message from da dwarf lord, who seems to be running a Half-Elf Druid of some sorts.  Glancing over the character sheet, he's going to be playing a fun one...

So we're up to 6 now!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:50:18 pm by Girlinhat »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2013, 12:31:26 am »

I'm almost done!
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 89