Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91817 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2013, 12:44:44 pm »

Heck Carrying Two 50 foot ropes isn't a bad idea either.

40 trail rations however is overkill. that is 40 days of rations.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2013, 12:45:47 pm »

Pending the time at which the time for sessions is decided and it's not viable for me, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
And also making a character. If I make a fighter, can I take exotic weapon proficiency for spiked-chain meteor shortswordhammer? I'll figure out how to make the numbers combine and can assume 75gp cost for getting it custom made, based on the cost of each weapon and then a bit.

EDIT: Figured it out as 1d6 with +2d4 damage if at less than 16ft range, but with -2 to hit if at less than 16ft(-1 because exotic weapon proficiency).

Uh, what? 
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2013, 12:56:13 pm »

Did you remember a knife great order?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2013, 12:56:13 pm »

Baneling is trying to homebrew weapons.  We're in Steam group chat and I shot that down pretty quick.  I'm also shooting down spiked chains entirely as weapons.  How do you expect to grab the chain to use it if it's covered in spikes?

Also what's a "bear bag"?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »

Baneling is trying to homebrew weapons.  We're in Steam group chat and I shot that down pretty quick.  I'm also shooting down spiked chains entirely as weapons.  How do you expect to grab the chain to use it if it's covered in spikes?

Also what's a "bear bag"?

Spiked chains arn't spiked EVERYHWERE! It is like saying "How do you hold a spiked mace if it's covered in spikes?"

Well that AND if you are wearing iron guantlets those spikes are relatively harmless.

Also I thought Spiked Chains arn't a homebrew... did Pathfinder remove it?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:25 pm »

I assume that the chain is, in fact, not entirely covered in bees spikes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2013, 01:00:58 pm »

Spiked chains aren't homebrew.  The "spiked-chain meteor shortswordhammer" was his attempt to make an item.  I refused it.

For practical purposes I'm treating a bear bag like a regular sack with a rope.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2013, 01:01:10 pm »

Spiked chains are in it.  It sounds like he's trying to take a spiked chain, add a meteoric shortsword and an axe to it.  Weaponchucks.

Spiked chains are pretty sweet, all things considered.  It's not actually just a length of chain, it's three lengths of chain connected by two big rings you can hold.  Still not at all a safe thing for an untrained dude to be swinging around which is why they're exotic.  Removing them entirely seems a little harsh though.  They're very exploitable but it doesn't sound like anybody's putting serious effort into trying it.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2013, 01:07:02 pm »

The "spiked-chain meteor shortswordhammer" was his attempt to make an item.

So essentially a bladed Ball and chain... that has spikes but for no real reason.

Sounds very 90s

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2013, 01:08:24 pm »

Spiked chains are in it.  It sounds like he's trying to take a spiked chain, add a meteoric shortsword and an axe to it.  Weaponchucks.

Spiked chains are pretty sweet, all things considered.  It's not actually just a length of chain, it's three lengths of chain connected by two big rings you can hold.  Still not at all a safe thing for an untrained dude to be swinging around which is why they're exotic.  Removing them entirely seems a little harsh though.  They're very exploitable but it doesn't sound like anybody's putting serious effort into trying it.
Well when you say it like that, with the big rings, then maybe.  There's just certain exploits, like 20 foot reach and great cleave that can let you kill all the enemies in the room on THEIR turn, then you get a turn.  It's still a ridiculous weapon that has more weapon than it has handle, and it has awkward handles.  I may just make it so that you need exotic proficiency to even use it at all, because this is such a self-dangerous use of weapon...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2013, 01:24:17 pm »

Seels?

Yerwha?

EDIT: present equipment: (The amount rations are up for debate. I decided to go for the upper limit, because then I won't have to not get some stuff if the travel times are large.)
1 mule
1 small tent
1 bedroll
1 blanket
1 waterproof bullseye lantern (Because: A) 120 foot range (my bow with the flight arrows has 70 foot) and B) if we go under a waterfall or something, a waterproof lamp may be a godsend.)
40 trail rations
50ft of hemp rope (Loadsa uses)
1 cold weather outfit (just in case it's winter or something. Or we're in the mountains)
2 waterskins
2 rations
1 pack saddle
1 bear bag
Isn't that a bit... much? This is my equipment:

1 flail, Heavy
10 rations
1 tent
1 bedroll
1 civilian outfit
1 brass knife
1 waterskin
1 backpack
1 scale mail

When I don't count the starting equipment, that leaves me with 67 GPs and some silvers I guess. Should I get a mule like you? I don't know what to spend them on.

Anyway, I'm about to finish my character sheet. Half-elves get skill focus as a bonus feat and +2 to a stat of their own choosing right? Man, I'm a total newbie at this.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2013, 01:38:07 pm »

I'm sure quivers exist, but if you're starting with a bow I'll give you one, so whatever.

Half-elves get +2 to one stat of your choosing, and Skill Focus gives +3 to one skill of your choosing as well.  OR you can choose one of the alternative racial traits.  Picking an alternative will remove 1 standard racial trait, and add the new alternative one.  Certain racial traits specify which one will be replaced.  You may change out as many or as few as you like, so long as they're legal changes.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2013, 01:46:18 pm »

My character currently has

1 Leather Armour
1 Rapier
1 Thieves' tools
1 Crowbar
1 Grappling Hook
Silken Rope (50 feet)
1 Waterskin
10 days trail rations
1 brass knife
1 Backpack
1 Belt Pouch
1 Small steel mirror
2 sunrods
1 bedroll
2 rations
1 small tent
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2013, 02:00:53 pm »

There's also alternative racial favourite class boni, but I suggest you stick with the extra HP or skill ranks.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2013, 02:03:19 pm »

I found this page helpful. Maybe other players who are familiar with 3.5 but not Pathfinder would like to read as well.

I get another favored class thanks to being a half-elf so I'm trying to think ahead. Hmm, maybe I could multiclass ranger after a few levels of barbarian and unleash into a two-weapon rampage. I don't see what other class I can multiclass with, except for fighter which just sounds plainly bland.

By the way, what does Traits do? Just background info of some kind?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:16:13 pm by Leatra »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89