Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91825 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1125 on: March 17, 2013, 06:20:40 pm »

We'll roleplay the loss of Gillen ingame, next session. I suppose.

It's too bad really, I was thinking we had a great melee trio. But I somehow felt that Doom could be the one to leave the party soon. Oh well.

also fleet... well, one minor NPC less, I guess. Charl hasn't been seen since forever, and besides we'll gonna need to go to eversweet orchard again to go cry in his pretty arms wait what the fuck am I saying ? Did he cast charm person on all of us ?

We still need another melee guy.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 17, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

We have 3 melees and one ranged. I think we better get a Rogue, Bard or something like that. We need a skill-monkey.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 17, 2013, 06:39:05 pm »

The barbarian just needs a Ring of Constant Shield and some decent armor.  20 str combined with heavy armor can just ruin everything.  You're fine on melee, trust me.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 17, 2013, 06:43:54 pm »

I don't know about the healing cleric doing melee duty. She's not going to go battle cleric, isn't she ?

also a bard... why not, so it may sing our epic (or not so epic) struggles. Dervish Dancer or arcane duelist would be pretty good.

Besides, 2 melee guys are not enough to protect the less vulnerable members and do good offense. For now there's only one, but...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 17, 2013, 07:00:04 pm »

Still, we really need a skill-monkey. A Rogue would be better because of sneak attack epicness.

Tigergirl7694

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 17, 2013, 07:31:42 pm »

I'll still be playing. :) Also, I have a friend who's interested in taking our open spot, except the two of us aren't going to be able to play for the next two sessions because we'll be on spring break. :\

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 18, 2013, 01:03:05 am »

Rogue ? What rogue ? We've bypassed traps pretty well without a rogue.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:44 am »

Tiger's Friend is going to be bringing an Ifrit Bard.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 18, 2013, 11:14:13 am »

a half-efreet ? Interesting ! Vanilla bard or bard archetype ?

also that means i'm gonna need to focus even more on melee, and me and art are gonna need to synchronize a lot.

*ginyu force*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:24:14 am by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 18, 2013, 11:31:16 am »

I expect to see the two barbarians FUSION-HA before the campaign is over.

She mentioned geisha, but I don't think that was talking about the specific archtype, because that tea ceremony is a little shitty.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »

yeah, tea ceremony sounds weak.

and art fusioning with lek ? gestalt barb/cleric ? instant rape train. I can imagine Mighty Rage + 20str + Iron Body + Frightful aspect. it's like 40 str for a few minutes.

also I am 3 lbs away from heavy encumbrance. Which is pretty bad for a barbarian. I'm gonna need a masterwork backpack asap, then permanent ant haul.

I'll get zero armor check penalty with my trait, permanent ant haul and masterwork piecemeal armor. Yeah !
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:02:39 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 18, 2013, 12:38:13 pm »

~2,000gp = Bull's Strength CL3 1/day - +4 str for 3 minutes.

Also a new house ruling.  "On command or continuous" items have special pricing.  Spells that list 1 minute cost 4x, spells that last 1 round cost 8x, etc.  The shorter the duration of the spell, the more powerful it is, and the most it costs to make it constant.  "Instantaneous" duration has no listed price, but will be marked at 10x.  Which is to say, that "Ring of Cure Light Wounds at will" would cost about 20,000, for unlimited charges, casting it once per round.  This also scales to different spells, like Magic Missile and Fireball, which could be very powerful without this cost limitation.  Imagine throwing fireballs every round!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 18, 2013, 12:50:15 pm »

because that tea ceremony is a little shitty

A lot of the advanced classes are an odd blend between roleplay (yet ineffective) and maximisation. (Admittingly Samurai arn't an advanced class)

The absolute best example of this is the witch with her tree of really useful and really useless abilities.

Yet honestly because of this it kinda makes them great NPCs for the DM even if they are terrible PCs for the players sometimes.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 18, 2013, 12:54:42 pm »

~2,000gp = Bull's Strength CL3 1/day - +4 str for 3 minutes.

Also a new house ruling.  "On command or continuous" items have special pricing.  Spells that list 1 minute cost 4x, spells that last 1 round cost 8x, etc.  The shorter the duration of the spell, the more powerful it is, and the most it costs to make it constant.  "Instantaneous" duration has no listed price, but will be marked at 10x.  Which is to say, that "Ring of Cure Light Wounds at will" would cost about 20,000, for unlimited charges, casting it once per round.  This also scales to different spells, like Magic Missile and Fireball, which could be very powerful without this cost limitation.  Imagine throwing fireballs every round!

So you mean a ring of cure light wounds usable each day costs 1000 gp, but one usable each minute costs 4000 gp ?

By spells that list 1 minute, you mean the 1 minute as the cooldown time ?

also i'll probably do spell research. I'd like stuff like Heroism, Fire Shield and Call Lightning.

edit : no wait heroism is pretty lame. Fire Shield, elemental weapon buffs and more lighting blast spells however...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:03:57 pm by Naryar »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 18, 2013, 12:58:52 pm »

Well Girlinhat kinda added something usually not intended for the game to have, in terms of being excessively powerful.

He means spells that last a minute before they go away.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89