Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91846 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1080 on: March 15, 2013, 05:35:49 pm »

BLASPHEMY

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 15, 2013, 05:38:24 pm »

Now I will promptly buy two lances when you'll be finished with my auroch training  :P

no i don't care if I can't hit anything due to hilariously high maluses to bba.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 15, 2013, 05:42:01 pm »

God save us... he's going to doom us all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 15, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »

This is what a double lance can do to a thread. Do not talk about such vile things ever again! Lance charging with 2 lances is evil!

Honestly I'd like to say there is a rule against it given what I know about lanced charges and what the intent of that rule was (Which was give a way a lance, which is traditionally used with a shield, a shield)... but I cannot think of a rule off my head that says it isn't possible.

(Also yeah Double Lances seems to peirce into the dark side of conversations and bring in pure madness. I think Yog-sothoth was brought up because dual lances managed to open a rift into his realm.)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 15, 2013, 06:22:49 pm »

Doesn't a charge, by nature, only deal one attack?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 15, 2013, 06:29:17 pm »

The only way I know of to make more than one attack on a charge is Pounce, which is an Ex ability and isn't something a character can normally obtain.

So no, no double-lance charges without the help of They Who Shall Not Be Named.

EDIT:  And if they're involved then double-lance charges are small time, just give yourself 999 stats and all the spells in the game like everybody else.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:32:40 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 16, 2013, 01:58:41 am »

Don't mind me, i was just releasing my inner munchkin :P

This shall not be brought me again.

and yes art will be able to pounce if he takes beast totem, but he's aiming for dragon totem just right now.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 16, 2013, 02:29:02 am »

Also just fyi - I may be late to the game this week.  On account of some Spring Break-ery, I may be indisposed for some time depending on scheduling.  I didn't expect very good results for Spring Break anyways, at least a few people were going to miss.

However, if you guys just want to show up and practice some RP or something, be my guest!  Just no progression until the DM is actually present.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 16, 2013, 04:52:25 am »

[lek tactics on]

I've been thinking of formations we should take as 5-player a group, and I can't find better than a diamond formation.

Party positioning can be something like this...

Artael

Lek   Amaranth  Gillen

Elias

This on foot, with everyone as 1x1 squares, although if we get mounts it should be no different.

The most fragile member is the least exposed, all the melee guys can move in immediately and everyone is at healing range.

Mostly balanced, although this has weaknesses to an attack from the back and sides. I can swap my position with art's for maximum healing coverage.

Now for a fully offensive position...

art    lek   gil

eli

ama

Fully for attacking or getting attacked forward. Good healing potential. amaranth can move to the left of right of Elias for even more.

lek

art           gil

eli

ama

another offensive position, so we can react well to an attack in 180 degrees forward. amaranth was moved backwards, which exposes her more but permits an easier charge of melee guys.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 16, 2013, 08:40:14 am »

The second offensive formation looks more defensive and it seems like we have a less chance of getting our asses kicked in case we get attacked from the rear or flanks. I think we can use it whenever we are surprise attacking and the first formation can be used whenever we don't know where we are getting attacked from.

I thought of this formation. I used double Gills to indicate he is on his mount and is 2x2 in size.

_  _  Gill Gill _  _
Art _ Gill Gill  _ Lek
 _  _ Ama Eli _  _

_ is for empty tiles.

If anybody attacks Amarath or Elias from forward, we can AOO their asses to hell. This also provides Gillen with enough room to charge with his mount. We will also be covering more ground by spreading out like this which can be good or bad depending on the situation. Artael and Lek will provide defense for flank attacks with their spears. If we get attacked from the rear... we are screwed. This formation is more like "we are going carefully, using our ranged attacks while slowly moving forward" kind of thing. Lek and Artael will have mobility and both of them will occasionally move out from formation (not too far and to return later) to finish off weak enemies who are getting close to the rear.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:43:37 am by Leatra »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 16, 2013, 09:15:00 am »

It seems pretty solid offense-wise and defense-wise unless we are attacked from the rear. Healing-wise... not so much, even if offense is more important than healing.

but yet again we don't know how elias will go combat wise. We know she has a mace and probably a shield, which will probably mean one-handed, high-ac, strictly 5feet reach when on ground, like gillen.

Besides reach on a cleric is pretty awesome. With good positioning it permits you eventually to attack and cast at the same round.

Full defensive should be:

gil
lek ama art
      eli

With both our reach weapons covering a good amount of tiles, amaranth should get one as well.

and next time I go to town, masterwork lucerne hammer. No exceptions.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:22:41 am by Naryar »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 16, 2013, 06:31:22 pm »

Is it just me or did roll20 got screwed again? I can't join.

it's back on.

or not...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:36:49 pm by Leatra »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 16, 2013, 06:32:37 pm »

can't seem to join properly either.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 16, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »

It won't load properly damnit

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 16, 2013, 11:33:08 pm »

So...

Naryar (probably) fell asleep. Then we joined a small group of 25 warriors and sent off to track down goblins and kill them. We made camp, goblins ambushed us and slit the throat of our captain. Warriors are now disorganized, scryers are no help, we don't know what do to, it's the middle of the night, and we are pretty much screwed.

It's going like every other session.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89