Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 91859 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #1050 on: March 15, 2013, 12:30:34 pm »

Oh.

Oh armok.

I just imagined gillen riding a horse with horseshoes of permanent spider climb.

I can't wait till gillen charges enemies on vertical walls or on ceilings.

This must happen.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 15, 2013, 12:34:58 pm »

Curiously, that'd require training.  Horses do not naturally climb walls, and don't have the intelligence to handle it as people could.  The horse would either freak the fuck out, or refuse to climb because it has to actively spiderclimb and without knowing it could, then it simply wouldn't lift a hoof.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 15, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »

It's an animal companion. It has fuck-all amount of extra tricks slot. I could use one for training, if that's needed :D

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 15, 2013, 12:51:52 pm »

Ability to walk on ceilings and walls as a trick? Sure, you can never have enough crazy in a party like this.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 15, 2013, 12:55:10 pm »

Actually it wouldn't be a specific trick, but just 'extra training'.  It doesn't fit into game mechanics, but it makes too much sense to ignore.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:39 pm »

Ability to walk on ceilings and walls as a trick? Sure, you can never have enough crazy in a party like this.

ability to walk on ceilings on walls under the effects of Spider Climb as a trick. You can't do it normally unless giant gecko.

The same can be done with all our mounts, by the way. Want some extra crazy with that slice of awesome ? Check on riding PC's transformed into animal shape..

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 15, 2013, 01:09:27 pm »

The game mechanics extrapolate a lot of things when it comes to non-humanoids.

For example the difference between a Unicorn and a Celestial Charger is training and experience. They are the same creature except a Celestial Charger is just a well trained unicorn.

Dragons as well don't represent what dragons "Just become" (so anyone who quick ages a dragon should be wary of this) but rather what most dragons end up being due to their own training, exercise, and life experience.

It is what makes animals odd because of how much they can vary and have different skills in real life even within the same species.

Which I agree that a horse would probably need training to use Spiderclimb shoes, it wouldn't be a full on trick in my eyes mostly because once the horse is aware it should be fine with it. Then again I like to be leniant when it comes to animal companions... well if I ran games :P which I don't.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 15, 2013, 01:21:15 pm »

Just make sure your horse actually does have spiderclimb.  I'm the DM.  I'll have your horse run up a wall and fall down and break its leg because the horse thought it had spiderclimb when it really didn't.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 15, 2013, 01:43:51 pm »

Just make sure your horse actually does have spiderclimb.  I'm the DM.  I'll have your horse run up a wall and fall down and break its leg because the horse thought it had spiderclimb when it really didn't.

Ignoring dual sided implications, it would be immediately obvious when Spiderclimb doesn't work because it also alters gravity as well.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 15, 2013, 01:53:21 pm »

also, considering you can wield a lance in only one hand when riding, you may want to get Two-Weapon Fighting and wield 2 lances on horseback.

Double charge damage.... maybe. I dunno if you can add another attack when charging and dual wielding ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 15, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »

I have no idea, but I wouldn't allow dual-lancing :P

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 15, 2013, 02:17:57 pm »

I have no idea, but I wouldn't allow dual-lancing :P

but it's awesome

although gillen's damage would probably go into pretty crazy values like 14d8 + 30, so I can see why you don't allow.

His charge damage while mounted will probably be the single strongest attack in the group values with all his feats, strength enhancement, magic weapon enhancement, charge damage boosting magic items, power attack, and on top of all this double damage when mounted.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 15, 2013, 02:32:17 pm »

Dual lancing would break a hole in space-time continuum, and we would be forced to fight martian invaders.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:53 pm »

Nah, Plane of Earth.  Hope you've got a burrowing speed or some means to breathe underground!

...or the Plane of Water.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 15, 2013, 02:42:08 pm »

Just don't go to the plane of earth :P Girlinhat learned a lot in the Pitfall platform.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89