Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Ballad of the Stars (IC) - Chapter 1: Derelict Frigates and Mining Colonies  (Read 7412 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Ballad of the Stars (IC) - Chapter 1: Derelict Frigates and Mining Colonies
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 10:26:24 am »

Erick smiles at Trevor's prejudice against genetically modified food as he set down some writing tools, a pick, and two whetstones."Would you ring these up for me please?"

"Please don't mind my companion's grumpiness,"Erick said as the clerk rang their goods up,"but, might you tell us if there's any work?
Ask about any work that can be done.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ballad of the Stars (IC) - Chapter 1: We've got options.
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 05:52:13 pm »

The engineer scratches the back of her head, shrugging at Kara with a cryptic expression on her face as she moves to heft a large halberd, the haft nearly twice her tiny frame, over her shoulder with disquieting ease, "Your guess s'good as mine, buddy. The scans indicate that the derelict's got a bunch a'parts tagged Exponire, which have a reputation for bein' mediocre but cheap. Warpdrive's Sonuius-made, though, and they're usually pretty reliable as far as drives go. Every company has its goods and its bads, though; won't be able to tell for certain until I can actually get my hands on those suckers. Unless y'have a database a'every hunk a'space junk that's ever been manufactured somewhere around here that you haven't seen fit to tell me about before, slater?"

She pauses and turns toward Jerrod, the blade of her halberd missing by centimeters nearly anyone and everyone in her vicinity as she comments seriously, "If there's any living thing of known space still alive in there, drop 'em by the Imperial labs for the whitecoats to poke and prod at, 'cause someone just discovered the secret of immortality. Or at least the secret of surviving in a zero-oxygen, zero-pressure, and absolute-zero environment. Those hulls couldn't possibly be running life support in that condition."

Kara's expression turns sour at hearing the term 'Slater'.

"I do not like being called names. You would do well to remember that, ventscum." Kara makes sure to put ample emphesis on the last word.

Grabbing her machine-rifle, kara quickly checks the micro-fusion battery casing, ammo, sights and EM rails on the barrel. Everything is in working order and a fresh 100 round mag is attached. Pulling the priming lever, Kara chambers one of the imperial navy's famed steel-encased high explosive rounds and smiles. 'Oh the fights we've been in together' she muses to herself.

After briefly checking her equipment and EVA suit (both former Imperial navy gear), Kara decides to confer with Jarrod about possible tactics to use when boarding the derelict.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:14:45 pm by kahn1234 »

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
Re: Ballad of the Stars (IC) - Chapter 1: We've got options.
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 09:25:31 pm »

Kara's expression turns sour at hearing the term 'Slater'.

"I do not like being called names. You would do well to remember that, ventscum." Kara makes sure to put ample emphesis on the last word.

Grabbing her machine-rifle, kara quickly checks the micro-fusion battery casing, ammo, sights and EM rails on the barrel. Everything is in working order and a fresh 100 round mag is attached. Pulling the priming lever, Kara chambers one of the imperial navy's famed steel-encased high explosive rounds and smiles. 'Oh the fights we've been in together' she muses to herself.

After briefly checking her equipment and EVA suit (both former Imperial navy gear), Kara decides to confer with Jarrod about possible tactics to use when boarding the derelict.

Aster shrugs at Kara with blithe disregard of the insult and/or implied threat, as well as the soldier's irritation at the engineer's 'nickname', shifting to rest the blade of her halberd against a nearby wall. While the other woman turns away to inspect her rifle, the redhead sticks her tongue out at Kara with all the maturity of a toddler mid-tantrum. She swiftly affects a look of bored indifference when Kara looks back up, in spite of the fact that her gaze is directed toward Jerrod and not Aster.

After a scant few seconds, perhaps even before the gunmonk has a chance to begin conversing with Kara, Aster yawns and declares, with little to no warning whatsoever, "Wow, this s'boring. I'm gonna go hit the hay. Wake me up when the action starts."

Without waiting for any reply, Aster dashes off, shifting to the side just in time to dodge past Jerrod then smashing the door's button with barbaric decorum. She squeezes herself through the gap as the blast door slowly slides open and flounces off with nary a glance back-- although anyone who might bother to glance at her before the door slides closed might note that she's going in the direction of the bridge, not the living quarters.

Head towards the bridge and pat Homura down for drugs and/or food without regard for location, bystanders, or propriety in general, before plopping down on the floor beside her pilot's chair and enjoying the fruits of her spoils. Then take a nap on the floor at the pilot's feet.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:36:32 pm by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 01:36:50 pm »

"This OFFERING will serve!" the flames reply, and with that answer the ritual powders crackle and spark before bursting into flames. Luckily, Akito drops the flaming substance in time before his hand and sleeves are offered up as well. "I will answer YOUR QUESTIONS. Speak!"

The blood in Lira's temples pound as the gravity swells, and a moment later Earth comes with its reply:
"Creatures made of flesh and bone inhabit those halls. Soft flesh. Hard bone...Within a coarse shell, to keep their rotting breath within. Metal halls hold what you seek. Shattered wood and metal hide noxious liquids and sharp corners. Beneath soft beds and blankets, there you must search as well."

"This one...requires no gift, but peace."
And like that, the presence fades, and with it the oppression of earth's pull.

Meanwhile, the crew plans and molests one another. And waits.

While Joe considers whether or not it's worth the credits to build a communicator from scratch, Trevor and Erick purchase some supplies. They then both decide to question the shopkeeper about local jobs.

"Look somewhere else--" The shopkeeper begins to reply to Trevor, before Erick cuts him off. Sucking in a deep breath, he shakes his head before motioning towards the door. "You can always join up as miners. It's hard work, but they're always looking for new people. Hear the magistrate's looking for someone to deal with them pirates, too. You gotta speak with him if you're looking to mine, too. Can arrange an audience over at the big building in the center of...uh...Volk Central. This little shite hole you're in right now."

Spoiler: The Ship and Her Crew (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:02:13 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 02:59:20 pm »

Well, I for one will buy the parts for a communicator.
I'll buy Aster one as well, for making mine.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 03:00:08 pm »

Well, I for one will buy the parts for a communicator.
I'll buy Aster one as well, for making mine.

There are two or three models for each part. You'll need to specify which ones you want.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 03:05:11 pm »

Nonrechargeable 9v Battery - 6 Credits
Toyata-Hime Brand (TM) Kyroku Antenna - 30 Credits - 7 in Stock
Huawei Easyprint Circuitboard - 30 Credits - 20 in Stock
Otsu Brand Surround Sound Microspeakers - 25 Credits - 10 in Stock
Aoishi LED Display - 30 Credits - 14 in Stock
Huawei Brand Dynamic Mic - 30 Credits, 9 in Stock

2 of each, and 4 batteries.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 04:25:05 pm »

Lira takes a moment to recover and then makes her way to the common area.

"I'm ready when you are."
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 06:18:47 pm »

Akito smiles slightly as his offer is accepted. "Two questions honorable spirit, perhaps three. What do you know of the dead ship's cargo? What do you know of the life aboard the dead ship? And if the life on the dead ship isn't it's original crew, what do you know of said crew's fate? Thank you for assisting me in this matter."

If the spirit answers in a cryptic fashion, try and apply some Lore/Knowledge skills to piece the likely situation together.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:46:22 pm by Weirdsound »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:58 am »

Polish my EVA suits visor. Check internal sensors and targeting aids.

Mumbling to herself: Damn redhead. She's going to be trouble. Someone needs to teach her manners.....

(OOC: waiting for Jarrod (to start planning) and more events/progression.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:50:42 am by kahn1234 »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 03:04:49 pm »

"Come, Kara, let's go to my bunk to plan out the mission. It should be quiet there."

Jerrod directs, Kara to his bunk so they can plan out the mission.

(OOC: sorry, I didn't realize we weren't already doing that.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »

Erick says to his companions, "I'm going to go set up an audience with the magistrate to try and see if I can't get some details about the pirate problem."

Look for the magistrate's office and set up an appointment with him/her.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 04:46:37 pm »

Fine with me, I'll go see if this planet has a Research Complex.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 04:58:51 pm »

"I'm goin' ta' wander around. Take in the sights an all that. Good luck to ya'll." With those final words, Trevor wanders off, shoving the items he just bought into his duffle bag.

Wander around the settlement, try to get a feel for the layout, and just general information. Also be on the lookout for trouble.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:18:56 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 06:29:52 pm »

"Come, Kara, let's go to my bunk to plan out the mission. It should be quiet there."

Jerrod directs, Kara to his bunk so they can plan out the mission.

(OOC: sorry, I didn't realize we weren't already doing that.)

After finalising the calibrations on the EVA suits targeting aid arrays, Kara follows Jarrod to his bunk to plan for the boarding actions.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8