Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820648 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party
« Reply #9390 on: November 05, 2014, 09:35:38 am »

Apparently Congress can overturn the DC legalization vote if they want to.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: November 05, 2014, 09:48:11 am »

I just woke up. Hagan won, right?

...Right?

Guys?

;_;

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

I'm cautiously optimistic that something might get done now that there is the vaguest sense of consolidation of parties in either house. Congress is in a position to at least look like they are doing something constructive, which may be better than the gridlock hell that has been occurring. I hope. I haven't been keeping any track of politics lately.

Also, I am in the vaguest sense a Republican. Not a strong one, but a Republican nonetheless. Here's hoping for actual progress and constructive dialogue between the two parties!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:10 am »

You all do realize that party dichotomy means jack since everyone is in the pocket of special interest groups, right?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: November 05, 2014, 10:38:55 am »

The influence of special interests are overblown. They're secondary to the overarching party strategies enacted by the internal factions. Special interests don't influence parties or representatives so much as they influence specific bills that are vital to the interest, because extra-interest subjects are just distractions.

The exception to the rule, however, is business, because business is uniquely tied up with the government and those who run it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: November 05, 2014, 10:41:20 am »

But maybe....what if internal party factions ...

ARE SPECIAL INTERESTS THEMSELVES?

:o
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: November 05, 2014, 10:42:22 am »

It's special interest groups all the way down.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: November 05, 2014, 10:44:34 am »

Here's hoping for actual progress and constructive dialogue between the two parties!
And everybody reading just laughs and laughs and laughs...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: November 05, 2014, 10:47:10 am »

GEORGIA NEWS UPDATE

Michelle Nunn and Jason Carter, the two somewhat popular dem candidates for senate and governor, got bodied by David Purdue and Nathan Deal, respectively.

The only one i'm mad about is valarie wilson losing superintendent of the school system, because she actually had some good ideas.

All state amendments were passed (prohibit income tax increase, raise fines for fatal car wrecks, keep UGA buildings tax exempt).

I believe a few state senators are dems now, but that's mainly around the big population centers (Decatur, Metro Atlanta, etc.)

I'm certain that republicans could literally pass a bud-light-and-big-trucks-are-banned-forever amendment to the georgia constitution and they'd still win everything. Yellow-dog Republicans and all that.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: November 05, 2014, 01:24:25 pm »

Let's see, in Nevada, Republicans now have a majority in both houses of the state legislature and control all of the state-level offices to boot. 2016 might prove troublesome for Harry Reid, especially if Gov. Sandoval decides to run against him, as some have speculated. Of course, the next two years might not be so rosy for him either, since it's might be difficult to uphold promises to fix education after two revenue raising ballot measures were defeated.

Locally, the one election I really cared about - school board, also saw my candidate lose (by 900 votes, gah!). We've got a pastor on the school board now, which means yet another generation of students is going to be exposed to our useless abstinence-only sex-ed curriculum.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: November 05, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »

Let's see, in Nevada, Republicans now have a majority in both houses of the state legislature and control all of the state-level offices to boot. 2016 might prove troublesome for Harry Reid, especially if Gov. Sandoval decides to run against him, as some have speculated. Of course, the next two years might not be so rosy for him either, since it's might be difficult to uphold promises to fix education after two revenue raising ballot measures were defeated.

Locally, the one election I really cared about - school board, also saw my candidate lose (by 900 votes, gah!). We've got a pastor on the school board now, which means yet another generation of students is going to be exposed to our useless abstinence-only sex-ed curriculum.

Well, at least its better than a working abstinence only cirriculum.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: November 05, 2014, 01:34:29 pm »

I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: November 05, 2014, 01:57:13 pm »

Now I'm expecting Obama to run into the Capitol and sit on the Godthrone, at which point the entire building city transforms into Washingtron Hyper-X, wielding the Washington Monument as a weapon.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: November 05, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »

Now I'm expecting Obama to run into the Capitol and sit on the Godthrone, at which point the entire building city transforms into Washingtron Hyper-X, wielding the Washington Monument as a weapon.
Metal Wolf Chaos 2?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 667