Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 825436 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Nixon's Sane Conservatism Nostalgia Megathread
« Reply #8805 on: September 07, 2014, 09:15:59 am »

First, every armed rebellion in the US since Shay's rebellion has failed miserably. Secondly, there won't be any armed rebellions in the near future, because the US population is just against that sort of thing in general (other than a small population that says it likes it).
Dude, we were about 5 minutes away from an armed rebellion just a few months ago. Remember the whole Bundy ranch incident?
(other than a small population that says it likes it).

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: September 07, 2014, 10:30:58 am »

That is... a bit alarming, and if it's anything like my town nobody will probably even know it's being done (because nobody pays attention to local politics) until someone gets arrested and makes a big hubbub about it. On the other hand, it's New Jersey.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: September 07, 2014, 12:34:09 pm »

It seems like your standard silly law that little towns like to make now and again. Helmetica borough has a reported population of 2178 last census, so I'm not terribly concerned with it.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: September 07, 2014, 08:32:21 pm »

First, every armed rebellion in the US since Shay's rebellion has failed miserably. Secondly, there won't be any armed rebellions in the near future, because the US population is just against that sort of thing in general (other than a small population that says it likes it).
Dude, we were about 5 minutes away from an armed rebellion just a few months ago. Remember the whole Bundy ranch incident?

A handful of angry people isn't really any more a "rebellion" than your average city riot is.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: September 07, 2014, 08:51:05 pm »

A handful of angry people isn't really any more a "rebellion" than your average city riot is.

Yeah, it'd be like calling the Waco incident a 'rebellion'.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: September 07, 2014, 11:07:10 pm »

Old news, but relevant:

Wyoming to Consider Buying an Aircraft Carrier

Wyoming House Bill 85 calls for the establishment of a state “continuity task force” that would study the possibility that the United States of America may disintegrate, leaving Wyoming to fend for itself.
Is Wyoming planning to secede? If so, it’d probably need some armed forces. Maybe that’s why Rep. Kermit Brown offered an amendment (which was adopted) requiring the task force also to look into the “conditions under which the state of Wyoming should implement a draft, raise a standing army, marine corps, navy and air force and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.” Emphasis added.

Beware, USA of your new Wyoming overlords.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:09:23 pm by Reelya »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:22 pm »

Well, you know, gotta keep Yellowstone Lake safe from volcanoes somehow.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: September 07, 2014, 11:11:42 pm »

How can the USA be run by someone from Wyoming, if nobody has ever lived in Wyoming?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: September 07, 2014, 11:14:07 pm »

Quantum entanglement. It's not actually a person in wyoming, it's just a box. There is an actual person, inside an identical box, in DC. That person gives the orders. That way, the orders come out of wyoming, but there's someone there to hear them, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: September 07, 2014, 11:16:07 pm »

There are more people living in my home county than in the entire state of Wyoming. Wyoming is larger than a decent number of sovereign nations.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: September 07, 2014, 11:24:24 pm »

Or, to put it another way, the only state in the US with a lower population density is Alaska. The next highest (montana) is pretty close, though. The one above that is close to double wyoming's.

Also jeez, freaking DC. S'apparently nearly ten bloody times the density of the next smallest area in the states. 1764.8 times the density of wyoming. Also a larger population.

Why do we even have wyoming? Shouldn't we just kick everyone out and make it a nature preserve or something? Might cause the population density to go up, if we did.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: September 07, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »

Wyoming's stretches of interstate are some of the ones that were re-routed to have curves in them because people kept self-hypnotizing and crashing when they were perfectly straight for a few hundred miles. Some of Wyoming's roads have a nighttime speed limit of 80 and a daytime speed limit of Within Reason.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: September 08, 2014, 12:01:13 am »

Lol wtf? Wyoming is 1/600th of the U.S. population.
Do the giant futuristic alien 8 story tall robots in the transformers movies even accomplish that ratio of casualties (imagining a hypothetical secession)?

An aircraft carrier would cost each Wyoming citizen over $20,000 by the way.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: September 08, 2014, 12:42:21 am »

What's the point of this poll? Is the only winning move not to play?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 667