Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 821729 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: John Galt's Freedom Appreciation Megathread
« Reply #7785 on: July 17, 2014, 09:47:54 am »

A good rule of thumb with this sort of thread is read the first post/page then the last 3-5, depending on how long the current conversation has been going on. Gives you a sense of the topic and the people engaged in it.

And don't expect to come in and instantly know what has or hasn't been discussed regarding what you consider the most important topics. There was a bit of discussion of Warren a while ago but there isn't that much of substance to say this far out. Democratic field is less entertaining to watch kick the crap out of each other on the lead up as well.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: July 17, 2014, 10:27:34 am »

4)You guys really expect me to read 159 pages to understand what the heck you all are doing here?
Geeze. No WONDER people don't vote. TL, DR!
I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. It's like asking nobody to post for your personal benefit. Just pick up whatever conversation is happening at the moment.

Also rather than "why aren't you discussing X? Screw you!" you can try and introduce topics in a non-confrontational manner.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: July 17, 2014, 10:30:12 am »

Guys, please don't bicker. Looks to be pretty low-level, but still.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:03 am »

I don't recall ever saying that I expected the Fed's bonds to increase at the same rate as comparatively high risk stocks. I said that the Fed's policies meant that a 2% rate of return is basically meaningless and not a profit, but also that the Fed's purpose isn't to make a profit regardless so why do you keep harping on it
Because you called the assets worthless.
[Citation Needed]

I don't really give a shit about your harebrained handwaving on the other stuff but I want to set the record straight on the fact that no, the Fed doesn't give money away.

I bought my cousin's dollar store hat off him for $500,000, but see that isn't giving him money that's making an honest market purchase and I'll have you know that hat is actually worth something too
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: July 17, 2014, 10:58:41 am »

[Citation Needed]

Yep, you would do well with some
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: July 17, 2014, 11:00:22 am »

GreatJustice, cut down on the trolling, please.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: July 17, 2014, 06:10:10 pm »

The USA isn't a quote.

Now it is. BAM! Got my bumper stickers being made on Etzy right now. :P

Lighten up guys. This one has gone a good long while. I enjoy a good intellectual dickering session just as much as the next keyboard jockey, but it's like one person is having fun and one person is dead serious.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: July 17, 2014, 07:30:06 pm »

A little perspective on just how bad police brutality is.
I'm suddenly glad that I live in an area that has a decent police department.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: July 21, 2014, 03:45:20 pm »

A good article on Biden's time as Vice President:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/07/28/biden-agenda

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:58 pm »

“All of us are proud Republicans. We came together because of our common love of Kansas, our commitment to Kansas families, and our belief in moderate, commonsense leadership,” former state Sen. Wint Winter said in a statement for the group.

Here's taste of his wikipedia entry:

Brownback supported the 2007 Iraq War troop surge and has also voiced his support for Israel.[4] He supports marriage as the union of a man and a woman. He has described himself as pro-life.[5] As Governor, Brownback signed into law one of the largest income tax cuts in Kansas' history,[6] turned down a $31.5 million grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to set up an insurance exchange as part of the federal health care reform law[7] and has signed a pro-life bill that blocked tax breaks for abortion providers, banned sex-selection abortions and declared that life begins at fertilization.

Kansas has a long history of being rapidly Republican, and maybe moderate Republicans are finally sick of shit like this being what most people know of their state.

Politico article has a little more meat on it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: July 21, 2014, 07:39:08 pm »

Prediction: This is both going to be called "not a big deal," and also them being traitors. Because loyalty to your party is more important than loyalty to your ideals and to your voters interests. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: July 21, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »

From what little I know of American democracy it seems like a form where party loyalty doesn't really make sense.

I mean, here most politicians don't get enough votes for their own seat, they're just granted it by the party, so party loyalty does make sense.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: July 21, 2014, 08:06:04 pm »

Does anyone else feel like the two-party system didn't really end up working how it was meant to, originally?

I get the feeling that five or seven parties each representing different viewpoints, perspectives, and ideologies, in more or less equal proportions of power, would get a lot more done...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 667