Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819949 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor Norton's Imperial Politics Megathread
« Reply #7200 on: June 20, 2014, 05:40:06 am »

I wonder if we'll see something like this present the next time a major activist movement sweeps the country?
That sounds irresponsibly dangerous. Pepper spray is bad enough, but then there's lasers designed to be shone into people's eyes to blind them, and the thing can be loaded with solid plastic pellets too? It's just asking for someone to get killed or maimed.
... you seem to be under the odd impression that the folks buying these things give a damn if someone's killed or maimed. Maybe if many are, at one time, but a few here and there? Hell dude, that gets wrote off in places like the states, nevermind mines and whatnot in third world countries. Probably seen as more of a feature than a flaw :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: June 20, 2014, 05:43:29 am »

I wonder if we'll see something like this present the next time a major activist movement sweeps the country?
That sounds irresponsibly dangerous. Pepper spray is bad enough, but then there's lasers designed to be shone into people's eyes to blind them, and the thing can be loaded with solid plastic pellets too? It's just asking for someone to get killed or maimed.
I wonder when we'll see drone counter measures on the market.
They already are widely available:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:48:14 am by XXSockXX »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:12 am »

I wonder when we'll see drone counter measures on the market.
They already are widely available:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Will you be labeled a terrorist for using them on drones?
._.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: June 20, 2014, 05:49:21 am »

Since you're damaging government property, probably yes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: John Galt's Freedom Appreciation Megathread
« Reply #7204 on: June 20, 2014, 05:57:12 am »

all i want to see now is people in florida buying out some important plaza and staging a protest there then shooting all the drones in the face and claiming stand your ground laws

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: June 20, 2014, 09:37:59 am »

That's when they unleash the manhacks.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: June 20, 2014, 09:39:40 am »

Ah, but these particular drones are corporate property right now.  So you'll probably be hit with vandalism, incitement, use of a deadly weapon...oh, and loitering, that old stand-by.  And then you'll lose your job.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: June 20, 2014, 09:45:25 am »

Ah, but these particular drones are corporate property right now.  So you'll probably be hit with vandalism, incitement, use of a deadly weapon...oh, and loitering, that old stand-by.  And then you'll lose your job.
Where are the worker unions when you need them? Ah, that's right, they've been subjugated by corporations.
Because "communist hurr bad durr".
Stupid capitalism.
._.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: June 20, 2014, 10:05:04 am »

Not if I quit first, ha! Oh, wait...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:10 am »

The projectile weapons on the drone linked are nothing more than paintball guns, as pepper ammunition for those has been on the market for years, and the guns themselves are cheap. Meaning that a flock of these is less likely to cause serious injury than a single taser. The energy weapons are far more probable to cause serious long term effects, but using that capability in either riot control or protest breakup would be worse than useless. Without a strong visual signature, they cannot provide a wide-scale intimidation effect that the pepper guns provide, meaning that the only result would be a great deal of anger subsequent to the event, making whatever percieved threat they were used against far, far worse, much in the same way that Kent State proved a rallying point and call to action for the anti-Vietnam peace movement.

In technical terms, it isn't very impressive. Duplicating it (or producing a lethal variant) could be done in a week or so by a hobbyist using off-the-shelf parts. Even for the region, it's trivial compared to the knockoff fighter jets, missiles, and nuclear bombs produced domestically in South Africa during the apartheid era.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: June 20, 2014, 11:41:29 am »

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: June 20, 2014, 11:49:46 am »

This Is What Rafael Cruz Actually Believes

Can't watch youtube at work. Could you summarize for me, please?
"If you don't vote Republican, you're a bad Christian."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: June 20, 2014, 11:54:32 am »

If there's one thing the Religious Right needs, it's a visit by the Inquisition and other heresy-snoopers.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: June 20, 2014, 11:58:48 am »

If there's one thing the Religious Right needs, it's a visit by the Inquisition and other heresy-snoopers.
What better way to ensure ideological purity?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 667