Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819812 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor Norton's Imperial Politics Megathread
« Reply #6870 on: June 09, 2014, 06:49:12 pm »

So over the weekend, a married couple (who apparently decided Natural Born Killers was a how-to documentary rather than a violent piece of fiction) in Vegas went on a shooting spree killing two cops while shouting "This is a revolution!" Then they pinned a "Don't Tread on Me" flag and a swastika to the bodies, before eventually pulling a murder-suicide in the back of a Walmart.

Turns out they were anti-government militia types who had been part of the armed standoff at the Bundy ranch and whose Facebook page linked to:
NRA, American Patriot Media Network, Support the 2nd Amendment, The
Patriot Party, Rand Paul 2016, Ron Paul, the Washington Examiner, Draft Judge Andrew Napolitano, the Heritage Foundation,FreedomWorks, American Crossroads, and Allen West.

Oh, and during their spree, a guy with a concealed carry weapon decided to play the hero and confront them....and got killed by a single shot to the ribs. So much for the NRA talking point of "If only there had been a law-abiding citizen with a gun nearby...."

Thanks Obamacare!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: June 09, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »

Jesus Christ. It's almost too perfectly aligned. I'm betting that this is all just a false flag operation of a bunch of liberals, setting up the event to seem to shoot the Tea Party, "Don't Tread On Me" Republicanism in the foot.

Especially that Facebook linking list. It's like every single "Oh My God Do These People Actually Exist" group all at once.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:45 pm »

Jesus Christ. It's almost too perfectly aligned. I'm betting that this is all just a false flag operation of a bunch of liberals, setting up the event to seem to shoot the Tea Party, "Don't Tread On Me" Republicanism in the foot.
The King Agrees. (see also: Alex tells the world how to be a Globalist Black Ops team)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: June 09, 2014, 07:17:59 pm »

Yeah, the Guardian article talking about Alex Jones talking about the shooting (don't you just love modern web news?) was the top news article for "false flag" in a google. Heh.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: June 09, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »

Especially that Facebook linking list. It's like every single "Oh My God Do These People Actually Exist" group all at once.
After skimming a handful of pro-gun websites, they agree with you. Some even question if it actually happened. Could be another giant media-government-gay-liberal conspiracy like the Newtown so-called "massacre".

jesus christ, why do I have to share a country planet reality with these people??

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: June 09, 2014, 07:22:35 pm »

It's especially funny because so many of the people I see advocating for those websites and those ideals of that couple saying they should all do *exactly this*. Go out with their guns and start a revolution.

Then someone actually does it and they're all "It's a conspiracy, they're trying to frame us!"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: June 09, 2014, 07:22:46 pm »

It's not just like the planets aligned, it's like every star in every galaxy in the observable universe has lined up to create a single point in the sky. And the light is a metaphor for being right-wing extremists.

It's especially funny because so many of the people I see advocating for those websites and those ideals of that couple saying they should all do *exactly this*. Go out with their guns and start a revolution.
But none of them would actually, you know, do it. They want someone else to.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: June 09, 2014, 07:23:08 pm »

If it was some form of false flag, I imagine it was one they operated independent of any kind of organization.

I'm honestly not putting it past them, but at the end of the day... They were being really frigging crazy, does it actually matter why they were being crazy?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: June 09, 2014, 07:26:27 pm »

Even if it was a false-flag from a couple of granola-huggers with guns, even just the "Dude with a gun tried to protect people, got a bullet for his trouble" bit will deflate some sails. That's not that easy to spin, it's pretty cut and dry. Whole idea of "protect people with guns" is kind of shot there, one of the few times (if ever before?) that it's come up, and it doesn't work.

On the other hand, if it's even brought up, I'm predicting people will disparage his training or skill with a gun, and say "If it's someone with a gun who goes to the range every month, THEN the only person who can confront a nutbag with a gun is another person with a gun!" or something along those lines.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:20 pm »

Even if it was a false-flag from a couple of granola-huggers with guns, even just the "Dude with a gun tried to protect people, got a bullet for his trouble" bit will deflate some sails. That's not that easy to spin, it's pretty cut and dry. Whole idea of "protect people with guns" is kind of shot there, one of the few times (if ever before?) that it's come up, and it doesn't work.

On the other hand, if it's even brought up, I'm predicting people will disparage his training or skill with a gun, and say "If it's someone with a gun who goes to the range every month, THEN the only person who can confront a nutbag with a gun is another person with a gun!" or something along those lines.
Actually, they're discounting it because while he was approaching the husband, the wife shot him. So the moral of the story is -- if you're going to go on a murderous shooting spree, bring a buddy.

Alternately, if you point that out, you're a horrible person for using the loss of an innocent life for political gain. If that line of argument makes you feel a little strange, don't worry -- it's just the urge to bitchslap the asshole out of someone.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: June 09, 2014, 07:33:29 pm »

Yeah, they will say he could have been better trained. Or more people should have had guns. Or he should have had two guns. Or a bazooka.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: June 09, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »

Yeah, they will say he could have been better trained. Or more people should have had guns. Or he should have had two guns. Or a bazooka.
Or guns for hands. Or guns that shoot hands out of them.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: June 09, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »

Or guns for hands. Or guns that shoot hands out of them.
Well, thank Obama for not being allowed to have a Mecha Hitler suit in real life. What a safe place the world could be if only Obama let everybody be Mecha Hitler...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: June 09, 2014, 07:56:00 pm »

I am in reasonably close contact with serious "Don't Tread on Me" types on a regular basis and their condemnation of the Vegas tragedy is universal. They all believe it is a false flag, of course.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: June 09, 2014, 07:58:15 pm »

But none of them would actually, you know, do it. They want someone else to.
Heh, apparently not. Because someone else *did*, and they're all "FAKE."
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 667