Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820884 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I think that we can all agree that the least evil U.S. president was William Henry Harrison.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Now I know that he died very, very early in office because it was briefly mentioned in a song on an episode of the Simpsons... I maintain that what you know is more important than how you came to know it, except in cases where warrants were important.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Now I know that he died very, very early in office because it was briefly mentioned in a song on an episode of the Simpsons... I maintain that what you know is more important than how you came to know it, except in cases where warrants were important.
31 days, from pneumonia, that he caught making his extra-long and extra-boring inauguration speech during a rainstorm.

In other news, Glenn Beck slams Russia for legislating Hetero-Fascism. Yes, you read that right.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Can I just pop in to state that Andrew Jackson was an evil, evil president and the fact he's on the 20 dollar bill is fucking appalling?

God.  I'd... forgotten about that.

It is fucking appalling.

You two can't just state that like that and then expect me to go read boring emotionless wikipedia text to find out what was so horrible about it?
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

31 days, from pneumonia, that he caught making his extra-long and extra-boring inauguration speech during a rainstorm.

In other news, Glenn Beck slams Russia for legislating Hetero-Fascism. Yes, you read that right.
Catching pneumonia on day 1? Yea, that will halt the tracks of evil... Maybe there is some sense in the republican hate of affordable health care.

Anyway, Beck just alienated the only people who ever loved him. The world is now a compleatly cold, dark place.  :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sigh*

Look up the Trail of Tears, in particular.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

A grand total of 32(?) days whilst being treated for pneumonia. Even American presidents can't accomplish too much evil on their deathbeds, at least in the pre-nuclear era. And apart from a brief stint of being a general, he was a diplomat and later a farmer. So he would probably sit near the top of the list even if you didn't limit the scope to their respective presidencies.

That's it, time for me to go to sleep. I've clearly begun to hallucinate Onion headlines in place of real ones.

*sigh*

This, this, fuck Jackson with the fury of a thousand suns.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Is it really that hard to actually say that he was a slave owner and was responsible for accelerating the genocide against native Americans?

Might as well start calling him 'He-who-must-not-be-named'...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm just really sleepy, to the point where I think Wikipedia can do a better job of the details... which kind of make the guts of the case.  Sorry, 2 AM here =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

You two can't just state that like that and then expect me to go read boring emotionless wikipedia text to find out what was so horrible about it?
Andrew Jackson was the President responsible for the Trail of Tears, a forced march and relocation of the Cherokee, Creek, Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw Nations to the Indian Territory (today known as Oklahoma) in 1831. Due to a harsh winter during the same period, a very large number died en rout, and nearly all of their possessions were left behind to be claimed by American farmers. This was doubly ironic due to Jackson having two adopted Indian children. He himself framed the removal as an inevitability, and claimed to not personally hate Indians. There was a large opposition to the Indian Removal Act from the Whigs, but they were outvoted by the Democrats and it passed, a large petition against it going unpresented by a matter of days.

There was also the fact that Jackson kind of....murdered people in duels. Regularly. His political opponents frequently pointed this out, but it didn't do much to keep him from being elected. Indeed, he had been hot-blooded since he was a child, famously sporting a large facial scar given to him in the Revolutionary War by a British officer when Jackson refused to shine his shoes.

He also destroyed the First Bank of the United States, for whatever that's worth to you.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:29:25 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

*sigh*

Ah, the guy that's responsible for that. Don't need to look up the Trail of Tears, though. I find poodle rock abhorrent as well.
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

There have been worse people in history, but most of them are either lost to the void of ancient history or scorned as abominations... Certainly not people whos face you put on your currency. How do we feel about Grover Cleveland?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jackson was certainly a terrible person - not sure if he was as bad as Reagan or Nixon, but then, neither of them are likely to end up on money (I hope - could you imagine the Reagan-dollar?)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Actually I'm surprised the GOP hasn't tried to put Reagan on a banknote already. They did try to rename the US Exclusize Economic Zone the Reagan EEZ.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Believe it or not Andrew Jackson has some resonance in a certain, special part of the UK.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 667