Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 818938 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

I don't know, after everything that's happened he just might snap under the pressure and tell everybody what he really thinks.

Dunno; he's spent so long as a politician I don't think he's even capable of that anymore. Habits of a lifetime and such.
Pfft, he would still win.

In the 2012 elections, he won 99.2% of the vote in his district after all.

Only because there wasn't a Democratic challenger. But he does usually score in the high 60s to low 70s.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I don't know, after everything that's happened he just might snap under the pressure and tell everybody what he really thinks.

Dunno; he's spent so long as a politician I don't think he's even capable of that anymore. Habits of a lifetime and such.

Only because there wasn't a Democratic challenger. But he does usually score in the high 60s to low 70s.

Except of course Beohner like most Republican congress members now, is nowhere nears as afraid of a Democratic challenger in the general election as he is of a well-funded nutcase winning his district's Republican primary instead.  Which more than a few nutcases have already vowed to try.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Except of course Beohner like most Republican congress members now, is nowhere nears as afraid of a Democratic challenger in the general election as he is of a well-funded nutcase winning his district's Republican primary instead.  Which more than a few nutcases have already vowed to try.
So if they're gonna try anyway, then fuck it...man up and call a vote. He'd be the man who put the country before his own career. That shit is marketable. Think of the campaign ads.

"Jesus died for your sins. John's political future died for your financial well-being. Now -- with your help -- John Boehner's political career can rise again and sit at the right hand of the President during State of the Union addresses."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

But that has never been his fear at all. His Fear is losing the Speakership. If he loses that, all he is is a ineffectual politician who no one likes and no one will allow near their bills, from either party. Kinda a hard fall.

If people in our government told each other what they really think, The House would descend into a melee; the Senate would be held literally hostage by gun-toting Congressman; and Obama would finish up by dissolving Congress in a hail of Artillery fire (I must admit, If I were him I would enjoy doing that entirely too much).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

America: where the politicians are only polite to avoid mass murder.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

"Jesus died for your sins. John's political future died for your financial well-being. Now -- with your help -- John Boehner's political career can rise again and sit at the right hand of the President during State of the Union addresses."

I'm now picturing Obama's right hand extending out the back of his left shoulder.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if some Tea Party nutcase- probably a voter, but I dunno, one of the rank and file might relish the martyrdom chance- tried to shoot Boehner.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'm now picturing Obama's right hand extending out the back of his left shoulder.

Like people will remember where the Speaker sits during the speeches. Besides, it messes up the Biblical analogues otherwise.  :P

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: XXV HORAE Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #3399 on: October 15, 2013, 10:08:02 pm »

*looks at RedKing's topic title* Now just how the hell did that happen?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: October 15, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »

*looks at RedKing's topic title* Now just how the hell did that happen?
Because I replied with quote from Aqizzar's post, so it copied his thread title.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If people in our government told each other what they really think, The House would descend into a melee; the Senate would be held literally hostage by gun-toting Congressman; and Obama would finish up by dissolving Congress in a hail of Artillery fire (I must admit, If I were him I would enjoy doing that entirely too much).
Nah, if they told each other what they really thought, they'd mostly end up agreeing on how nice it is to be paid ridiculous amounts of money by diverse special interest groups to do, in the end, nothing much. Then they'd agree on the need to keep up some sort of theatrical front to keep the bases riled up and the money flowing, and--

waitaminit.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Nah, if they told each other what they really thought, they'd mostly end up agreeing on how nice it is to be paid ridiculous amounts of money by diverse special interest groups to do, in the end, nothing much. Then they'd agree on the need to keep up some sort of theatrical front to keep the bases riled up and the money flowing, and--

waitaminit.
smirk, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the days of Congress only pretending to hate each oteher are past. Polarization trickled upward, and there are many people who will only work to further the radical agenda they were sent there with. I mean really, have you heard the vitriol coming out of Harry Reid, leader of the the Senate Democrats? He calls Boehner a spineless sniveling coward. The sheer hate, the antipathy on a personal level, is what is the main cause of the Crisis. The Tea-Party has spent so much time obstructing everyone else in so many ways the Democrats now hate them as much as the Tea-Party hates the Democrats.

Plus, literally every special interest group and their Mom has mobilized their armies to prevent a Default. Wall Street in particular is distressed.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Plus, literally every special interest group and their Mom has mobilized their armies to prevent a Default. Wall Street in particular is distressed.
And yet, despite the fact that there's enough political pressure on Congress to make them start shitting diamonds....we are still at an impasse. Because the Tea Party is immune to pressure. They have invested themselves so much into defeating Obamacare (and *have* to, since they've drummed it up to be on par with sending Jews to the concentration camps) that no other incentives or disincentives matter.

I'll say it again -- the uber-rich created a monster and it got away from them. They can kill it (and probably will) November 2014 by starving it of funding. But they can't stop it until then.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: October 15, 2013, 10:34:29 pm »

I question if they can. The Tea Party may have started as astroturf puppet, but with enough true believers even the most hollow movement can become a real grassroots boy. Especially considering at least some of those true believers are now congressmen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 667