Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820747 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: QUATTUORDECIM Dies Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #2745 on: October 04, 2013, 02:15:02 pm »

See, the Scottish have the kilt-fields and the bag-pipe orchards. The English have the tea-mines and crumpet pastures. The Welsh have the deep pits where they yell into and have their weird language echo back up. And the Irish have the Irish.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: QUATTUORDECIM Dies Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #2746 on: October 04, 2013, 02:16:48 pm »

See, the Scottish have the kilt-fields and the bag-pipe orchards. The English have the tea-mines and crumpet pastures. The Welsh have the deep pits where they yell into and have their weird language echo back up. And the Irish have the Irish.

There is too much imbibement of beverages going on to be concerned with such industrial practises.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: October 04, 2013, 02:17:51 pm »

Thank you for correcting me, 10ebbor10.

I really wish this were true. Unfortunately I know a lot of republicans will only respond to this with a sarcastic "Thanks Obama!"

Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

I second this. What it may do though is drive any people who were still open minded about voting Republican well over to the Democrat side.

I doubt it. At this point I would rather vote for Alfred E Neuman, than ANY of the clowns in those two parties.
What we really need, is the dissolution of those parties, and for new ones to completely take their places. TEA party is NOT a suitable candidate.

OT:  Oh dont be silly. the Irish have potatoes. Fried potatoes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 04, 2013, 02:18:55 pm »

Ah, yes. Lakes of potatoes and fields of Guinness.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 04, 2013, 02:19:51 pm »

Sadly though wierd, just as there are many stupid people who think that Obama is somehow to blame for this government shutdown and stick to Republicanism, there are people who believe that there is sense and pride o' worth in voting Democrat.

Ah, yes. Lakes of potatoes and fields of Guinness.

In Scotland it would be lakes of Irn Bru, or perhaps Tennent's.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:22:18 pm by Owlbread »

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 04, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »

Am I the only one that feels the federal government is maybe being a little melodramatic about the closures?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 04, 2013, 03:35:01 pm »

2 House Democrats have a plan: To hijack a existing republican bill, re-write it, and use a petition to force in onto the floor. If a clean CR bill gets to the floor, it'd be expected to pass due to republican defections (enough people have already said they'd vote for it to push the bill over the threshold.) The trick is simple: They would need to obtain 218 signatures. The 200 can be easily supplied with Democrats, but there would be far more pressure on Republicans, since this would be a direct attack on the leadership, by a moderate. Still, enough republicans have said they will vote for a CR bill to push it through, and if it did seem the petition would aquire enough Boehner would bring the bill to the floor himself to avoid losing the floor and a large embarrassment. Signature collecting begins in a week, it ends in two, on Oct 14.

This is getting pretty silly, actually.
Am I the only one that feels the federal government is maybe being a little melodramatic about the closures?

On that, you people do realize why the government is doing this, right? I mean, a Vandal would have a field day, nothing is too sacred (for instance, someone vandalized the statue of Mickey Mantle and Jackie Robinson recently). In fact, what enterprising tagger would stop at the chance to vandalize something important?

And, of course, there was some very important things that happened between the last shutdown in 1995-96 and this one. Namely, 1999 and 2001. This IS the the post 9/11 world. In the post 9/11 world, one does not simply leave monuments alone.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 04, 2013, 04:56:47 pm »

People still think the Democrats are any different from the Republicans? Sure, they use a different set of rhetoric, but in the end, both parties say that want to help you, then turn around and fuck everybody over while writing in exemptions for their buddies.

Because I believe they cannot be so stupid as to be this ineffectual unintentionally. If otherwise, then there really isn't much hope at all, and the problems will never, ever go away or get better.

Maniac

"The reason why people believe democrats are different from republicans is because democrats pursue different policies in office.

This is not a matter that is open for debate because the debate is so meta that there is no point.  You have your views, we have ours."

Lagslayer

"Where does that leave this thread?"

Frumple

"... same place it's been? News and policy with discussion of news and policy, occasionally derailed by meta discussions of varying degrees of usefulness and illumination. Ignoring the actual derails into utter unconnected stuff, of course."

We don't seem to be in a position to usefully discuss the motivations behind this. It's obvious the republicans are not that stupid, nor the distinction in paymaster between them and the democrats particularly well defined, but in the absence of information and given the fact the internet is not particularly good at theorizing the best we can expect from this thread in regard to the shutdown is the odd news bump. Irrational tirades seem to be inescapable, but maybe we can cut down on the most pointless.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: October 04, 2013, 05:23:05 pm »

This sounds like a good time for the "Bill on capitol hill" song.

Who knew that Bill was the resolution to raise the debt cieling? ;)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: October 04, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »

Welsh sheep drilling isn't spoken of in polite company, I'm afraid.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: October 04, 2013, 05:51:03 pm »

I am certain that wooly date night is a new zealand thing....

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: October 04, 2013, 09:28:16 pm »

More craziness in the capitol.

[This is why it was horribly irresponsible for the driveby gatecrashing woman to do her thing. It encourages more impressionable people to do things themselves.]

A man set himself on fire on the national mall today.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:36:46 pm by wierd »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: October 04, 2013, 09:55:45 pm »

More craziness in the capitol.

[This is why it was horribly irresponsible for the driveby gatecrashing woman to do her thing. It encourages more impressionable people to do things themselves.]

A man set himself on fire on the national mall today.
Just saying, every time you cite the Daily news a errant thought of compromise is erased from a Congressman's mind. Please use the any other Newspaper. The sheer number of pictures in that one speaks for itself.

You know, in Tibet monks self-immolate and cause public tragedies to protest the reperssive Chinese government. In America, crazy people cause public tragedies because it seems to be the thing to do.

Also, this is the reason her violent car chase episode was irresponsible? Not, you know, the one year old in the car?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: October 04, 2013, 10:08:19 pm »

Re: child in car--

Ok, this is the second reason why it was horrifically irresponsible.

While cold, and a very unpleasant sentiment, potentially many more people will be harmed than just the child in this fashion though. If one counts severity by number of bodies, this second reason is more severe.

(As for the source.. it was just the one googe news had on top of the stack. No specific preference for the publication was intended.)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:10:49 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 667