Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820820 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: QUATTUORDECIM Dies Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #2715 on: October 04, 2013, 12:31:05 am »

Also, we have hit significant de-rail levels. At this rate of increase, we risk the situation going critical!
I refuse to re-rail the thread until the other side refuses to stop not talking about bears. You have the power to end this -- TALK ABOUT BEARS.

what if i tell you this derail is unbearable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: QUATTUORDECIM Dies Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #2717 on: October 04, 2013, 12:33:48 am »

Also, we have hit significant de-rail levels. At this rate of increase, we risk the situation going critical!
I refuse to re-rail the thread until the other side refuses to stop not talking about bears. You have the power to end this -- TALK ABOUT BEARS.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:53:31 am by sackhead »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: October 04, 2013, 07:54:52 am »

In case anyone was wondering why this hasn't been solved yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://nomoremister.blogspot.com/2013/10/on-other-hand-they-are-just-this-stupid.html
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: October 04, 2013, 08:22:32 am »

People still think the Democrats are any different from the Republicans? Sure, they use a different set of rhetoric, but in the end, both parties say that want to help you, then turn around and fuck everybody over while writing in exemptions for their buddies.

Because I believe they cannot be so stupid as to be this ineffectual unintentionally. If otherwise, then there really isn't much hope at all, and the problems will never, ever go away or get better.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: October 04, 2013, 08:28:44 am »

That's... pretty much how the Communists got Hitler into power. "Obviously fascism is just a degenerate form of capitalism! Fighting fascism without fighting capitalism has no point!" And so they refused to work with the SPD (moderate leftists), and then democracy degenerated into a conservative autocracy (Hmmm, do we see any parallels yet?), and then these conservatives tried to set up Hitler as a puppet.

It got worse from there.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: October 04, 2013, 08:36:18 am »

Hitlet used the tools from the left and the right to reach a totalitarian state. Can we please tone back the Godwin's law? Down that road lies only madness.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 04, 2013, 08:48:09 am »

The reason why people believe democrats are different from republicans is because democrats pursue different policies in office.

This is not a matter that is open for debate because the debate is so meta that there is no point.  You have your views, we have ours.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: October 04, 2013, 08:59:54 am »

Where does that leave this thread?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: October 04, 2013, 09:03:38 am »

... same place it's been? News and policy with discussion of news and policy, occasionally derailed by meta discussions of varying degrees of usefulness and illumination. Ignoring the actual derails into utter unconnected stuff, of course.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:24 am »

I am disturbed by your lack of bears.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: October 04, 2013, 10:05:05 am »

I have wired internet! Wi-fi still isn't working at all, but this is better than nothing.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: October 04, 2013, 10:07:32 am »

Now's the the time to invade. They'll never see it coming

I like that people are giving food away to people out of work. That's a nice bit of humanity there. Oh, and I can concur with the "looking-up-what-the-heck furlough meant". :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: October 04, 2013, 10:10:36 am »

Now's the the time to invade. They'll never see it coming

I like that people are giving food away to people out of work. That's a nice bit of humanity there. Oh, and I can concur with the "looking-up-what-the-heck furlough meant". :P
But how can Brits not know that word? It's even got British spelling and everything! If it was an American word, you know we'd be spelling it ferlo or firlow or something.

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 667