Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820874 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: QUATTUORDECIM Dies Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #2685 on: October 03, 2013, 09:08:41 pm »

I see we're discussing what to subsist on when the country collapses. I have my rice cooker, so I'll be good to go.

Except for the lack of electricity. Damn it...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: FJ's American Politics Megathread Two: QUATTUORDECIM Dies Donec Finis Venerit
« Reply #2686 on: October 03, 2013, 09:14:10 pm »

Get the bamboo kind. Just about every asian store has them. (At least in my area anyway.)

All you need is a fire and pot of water for that.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: October 03, 2013, 09:17:31 pm »

Old fashion rice cooker, hatchet, flint and steel, sacks of grain and you are set.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: October 03, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »

I have a gun.  I look forward to a future where I don't need currency.  :P
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: October 03, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »

Personally, I plan to resort to cannibalism long before it is strictly necessary. I know enough about my starvation logic to know I wouldn't resist.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: October 03, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »

I live near rich people, I'll be fine. Other then some Wall Street folks offing themselves of course.

I look forward to my fort city invading Upstate New York for farmland.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: October 03, 2013, 10:37:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure Canada's gonna annex Washington and New England. Maybe Michigan and Minnesota too.

S'pretty much the only parts of you guys we want. California can become a protectorate.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: October 03, 2013, 10:42:17 pm »

Potatoes have the added bonus that you can plant the ones you buy at the grocery store. Just chop it into quarters, let them sit in a sun for a day or two, then plant them. Unfortunately, it is far to late in the year to even consider planting them. Come spring though, we'd be set up by as early as June. In my area they're typically planted in early March.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:41 pm »

Too bad potatoes are gross :P

Seriously, I'm not a picky eater... but potatoes don't even feel like food to me.  Even when prepared in some fashion that makes them enjoyable to eat, it still feels like I'm filling my stomach with some nutritionally inert food-like mass.  Like it might as well be plastic or something.  It's hard to describe.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: October 03, 2013, 10:53:11 pm »

Ironic, considering potatoes contain all the nutrients required to keep a human alive.*

*You will need to eat several potatoes for the desired effect.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: October 03, 2013, 10:55:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure Canada's gonna annex Washington and New England. Maybe Michigan and Minnesota too.

S'pretty much the only parts of you guys we want. California can become a protectorate.
There are more people in those states then all of Canada, assuming the whole "provide for the common defense" part of the Declaration of Independence was Hyperbole, and the rest of the country armed with the worlds largest military decides against forcibly taking everything in the poorly-defended, sparsely-populated and resource rich lands to the north to prop up their own flagging economy. Oh now there's a idea I think we can all get around now. Oh and Alaska is still there being Alaska, so you pretty much lose all wars by default. BTW, California, if independent, would actually be able to handle you guys itself. It would represent the world's 5th largest economy if independent.

You forget the border is not for protecting the US from Canada, it's about protecting Canada from the US. Oh and most of the previously mentioned states have nukes, so by all means feel free to try.

New York will be focused on practical things, such as annexing Massachusetts and New Jersey, by virtue of them pretty much already part of it for all intents and purposes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: October 03, 2013, 10:57:57 pm »

Whatever you do, stay away from the Carolinas. I cannot guarantee that RedKing and I's army of genetically engineered affronts to God will be completely discerning on whom to target.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: October 03, 2013, 11:01:22 pm »

Ironic, considering potatoes contain all the nutrients required to keep a human alive.*

*You will need to eat several potatoes for the desired effect.
Not quite. You'll need butter and milk. By my understanding, I'm not actually joking around.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: October 03, 2013, 11:14:26 pm »

I wish I lived somewhere that The End hadn't yet hit so I could dream about how great it will be... Well I guess I will just go back to fending off spider and snakes trying to kill me in my sleep.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: October 03, 2013, 11:16:00 pm »

Nah, it'll be pretty much a peaceful annex. "Yo, New England. We're loved by the world, we're incredibly similar in so many ways, and your own government just proved how incapable it is. Wanna join up?"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 667