Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819511 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Election Boogaloo
« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2013, 12:53:17 am »

Why leave when he's set up to be the only decent Republican POTUS candidate in the foreseeable future.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 28, 2013, 07:21:05 am »

Why leave when he's set up to be the only decent Republican POTUS candidate in the foreseeable future.

Indeed. I'd rather have Chris Christie than most republicans.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17:45 am »

I wouldn't be suprised if he jump in in 2016 as the Sane Republican, kinda like Romney did last year.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 28, 2013, 01:59:06 pm »

Because the Republicans will never let him. His reputation within the party is absolutely shot because he won't spout the party line crazy, at least not on all issues. He could win the Presidency, but he'll never win the nomination.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »

I wouldn't be suprised if he jump in in 2016 as the Sane Republican, kinda like Romney did last year.
What?  Didn't Romney jump in as an Ultra Conservative Republican... then backpedaled on that after the primary knife fight was over?  Trying to cast himself as the Sane Republican only after mucking about in the crazy pit?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2013, 02:46:25 pm »

Well, he was nowhere as crazily conservative as the others (short of Huntsman). Remember the primaries, everyone else had their surges, then failed and the least crazy candidate won. There is a fine line between being Huntsman and being Romney, but I'm sure Christie could do it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2013, 02:55:40 pm »

Romney got the nomination because he was willing to say anything to get the nomination. Then he turned into a colossal flip-flopper and while it may not have cost him the election (as he was doomed from day one), it probably cost him the landslide.

Christie is the exact opposite, someone willing to stick to his guns come hell or high water (quite literally during the events of Superstorm Sandy). If he could get the nomination he might well win the election, but he won't win the nomination.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2013, 02:59:14 pm »

In order to win the nomination from the GOP Christie would have to undo all the good will he has gained for being a straight shooter. And then he will have undone all that good will that means he wouldn't have a chance in the general election because he would seem just like Romney.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2013, 05:11:41 pm »

Republican-led brief also supporting Same-Sex Marriage

wat

That's like, against everything they stand for o_O

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 28, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »

LCS-sleeper agents at work, obviously.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2013, 05:13:49 pm »

LCS-sleeper agents at work, obviously.
That also explains the severed head in the WTF thread.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2013, 05:16:38 pm »

wat

There is a wing of the GOP that's tired of social conservatism because  they believe (correctly) that it is killing the party. Libertarians, Centrists, Log Cabin, some of the Fiscals, and some of the Single-Issues.

Thar be a civil war a'brewin in the GOP, and this signifies it. At the end of the day, social conservatism is at odds with the ideals of the USA, and social liberalism is in alignment with it. A good deal of the GOP would rather go down with the ship than admit that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:33:26 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20:04 pm »

wat

There is a wing of the GOP that's tired of social conservatism because believe (correctly) that it is killing the party. Libertarians, Centrists, Log Cabin, some of the Fiscals, and some of the Single-Issues.

Thar be a civil war a'brewin in the GOP, and this signifies it. At the end of the day, social conservatism is at odds with the ideals of the USA, and social liberalism is in alignment with it. A good deal of the GOP would rather go down with the ship than admit that.

Indeedy. I'm willing to bet that we're going to see a new crop of "Socially Conscious" Socially-liberal-fiscal-conservatives shying away from the loonies on the hyper-far right as that particular faction foams harder and harder at the mouth until they die of dehydration. Personally, I hope that the Democrats get the same-but-opposite treatment, with politicians willing to pull farther left than the world's center. I doubt we'll get a real L+ president anytime soon, but an L would be really nice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 667