Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819168 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Election Boogaloo
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2013, 04:48:45 pm »

So, uh. Is the ATF(&E?) like disbanded or something in missouri? How's that working out? I'd figure the F part would at least be kinda' having problems functioning in a state where their job is apparently criminalized...  looks like there's a few other states trying that, too.
Actually, one of ATF's biggest anti-gang task forces is in Kansas City, Missouri. Because...y'know, they've kind of got a problem in Missouri.

This wouldn't affect ATF, because they're a Federal agency. State law cannot restrict Federal entities (well, it can to a point but it cannot criminalize Federal law enforcement). They can make it a crime for state employees (including state law enforcement) to cooperate with ATF in enforcing gun control, but doing so would be VERY stupid and counterproductive. So I totally expect them to do that, because that's the Republican modus operandi.

States keep this backwards, obstructionist bullshit up....mark my words, one day you're going to have a situation where Federal agents and state law enforcement wind up facing each other with guns drawn. And that is NOT going to be a good day.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:01:11 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

Why does something tell me that's what the red-controlled states kinda want, RedKing?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2013, 07:38:47 pm »

After hurricane Katrina, the sheriff of Stone County, MS "allegedly" held a number of US National Guardsmen at gunpoint and forced them to distribute ice, water and other supplies that the sheriffs department stockpiled for the local citizens after the guardsmen attempt to steal that shit. So it is not as if there have not been conflicts between the local and federal government before.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2013, 09:30:30 pm »

*Sigh* Here's something I pulled from CNN: McCain says there was a massive coverup about Benghazi.

Seriously GOP, this horse is past dead, flogging it won't do anything but make you look like utter mor-wait, nvm, can't really look more like morons that you already do :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »

After hurricane Katrina, the sheriff of Stone County, MS "allegedly" held a number of US National Guardsmen at gunpoint and forced them to distribute ice, water and other supplies that the sheriffs department stockpiled for the local citizens after the guardsmen attempt to steal that shit. So it is not as if there have not been conflicts between the local and federal government before.

Yeah, but it's a far cry from a State's national guard doing something illegal getting into it with a sheriff when compared to Federal agents doing the squaring off. Fairly terrifying, in fact, I'd say.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2013, 03:55:22 pm »

States keep this backwards, obstructionist bullshit up....mark my words, one day you're going to have a situation where Federal agents and state law enforcement wind up facing each other with guns drawn. And that is NOT going to be a good day.
I would seriously like to see an America that wasn't so gun culture obsessed, but the more I've looked into this issue; the more I realize that the people proposing the gun bans don't know what they're trying to ban (which is so counter productive!), and the concept of a corrupt hostile armed police force would have me wishing for guns too.

They're just so terrifying.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2013, 04:17:29 pm »

I would seriously like to see an America that wasn't so gun culture obsessed, but the more I've looked into this issue; the more I realize that the people proposing the gun bans don't know what they're trying to ban (which is so counter productive!)
This is my take on it really. I support some gun control, but almost all the legislation proposed is some knee-jerk emotional reaction that doesn't really take into account how guns are acquired by criminals and how they're used in crimes.

That is so fucked up I don't even know what to say.

edit: I love that they're called the "No Hesitation" series. Because that's the last thing we want the police to do, hesitate before firing upon a child who is holding something that looks like a gun. Haha. We all know kids don't drop weapons when you ask them to! Especially when they're cell phones.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:32:47 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2013, 04:37:37 pm »

I would seriously like to see an America that wasn't so gun culture obsessed, but the more I've looked into this issue; the more I realize that the people proposing the gun bans don't know what they're trying to ban (which is so counter productive!)
This is my take on it really. I support some gun control, but almost all the legislation proposed is some knee-jerk emotional reaction that doesn't really take into account how guns are acquired by criminals and how they're used in crimes.

That is so fucked up I don't even know what to say.

edit: I love that they're called the "No Hesitation" series. Because that's the last thing we want the police to do, hesitate before firing upon a child who is holding something that looks like a gun. Haha. We all know kids don't drop weapons when you ask them to!

o.o

Well, that's pretty fucked up, although I do gotta say that there's a right for a target company to print up whatever sort of target they want, and I'd be pretty sure that no police agency in the country's going to be caught dead buying those targets. However, there is some value to worrying about a nontraditional target like, considering that they are all pointing a weapon, with varying levels of hostility. Seems like it'd be more of a negotiation type thing to practice on, rather than trying to quick-kill.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2013, 04:38:59 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fox-news-co-host-under-fire-rape-remark-203159297.html

Turns out that it isn't just conservative politicians who put their foot in their mouth about rape.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2013, 05:43:27 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fox-news-co-host-under-fire-rape-remark-203159297.html

Turns out that it isn't just conservative politicians who put their foot in their mouth about rape.

To be fair, it's more than just conservatives in general who say things like that. It's unfortunately ubiquitous throughout the entire culture.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's called a "no hesitation" target, not a "negotiation target."

Have the DHS mowing down civilian zombies.

Call to the company making the targets.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:40:51 pm by Loud Whispers »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

Proof the states have better and more innovative solutions the the feds, http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/bizarre-bills-fill-nations-state-houses-87933.html
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2013, 04:25:10 pm »

Proof the states have better and more innovative solutions the the feds, http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/bizarre-bills-fill-nations-state-houses-87933.html
He says a few days after someone linked an article of a state trying to make passing certain laws illegal :P

edit:
The ban on human-animal hybrids

Why D:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 667