Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819706 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party
« Reply #9660 on: November 24, 2014, 10:57:19 pm »

Wallgreens is on fucking fire.  McDonalds is being destroyed.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: November 24, 2014, 10:57:52 pm »

They're showing the store where the cigars were stolen from just before the shooting with lots of people milling about. I'm not sure what's going on, like people are mass looting that store or what.

Edit: Looks a LOT like mass looting, which is incredibly fucking ironic. Either that or they're giving out free stuff, either way, completely fucking ironic.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: November 24, 2014, 10:58:21 pm »

Basically my dorm is a large multistory facility in the area near Union Square and I'm my room. Good thing I didn't follow my urge to go out and eat earlier
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: November 24, 2014, 10:58:43 pm »

Wallgreens I can understand, lots of pricey pharmaceuticals in there to loot and resell. McDonald's though? Just mindless.

Edit: Fire crews on the scene at Wallgreens.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:01:25 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: November 24, 2014, 11:00:54 pm »

That beauty shop place is on fire I think, spewing smoke anyway.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: November 24, 2014, 11:01:02 pm »

History repeats itself

It's like Rodney King all over again
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: November 24, 2014, 11:01:11 pm »

McDonald's though? Just mindless.

Mob IQ = Lowest IQ'd member / # of people in mob.

Basically my dorm is a large multistory facility in the area near Union Square and I'm my room. Good thing I didn't follow my urge to go out and eat earlier

Stay safe, at any rate.  Shit might spew out of control there as it has in Ferguson.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: November 24, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

History repeats itself

It's like Rodney King all over again

Yeah, I was actually thinking of the LA riots.

I was young at the time so I don't remember the actual event, but learned of it later.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: November 24, 2014, 11:03:13 pm »

More police cars on fire.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: November 24, 2014, 11:04:22 pm »

Well, shit. I feel sorry for all the innocent people who are getting fucked over as a consequence of this.

This is why you try to avoid miscarriages of justice, legal system.

As I stated, there were contradictory witness reports (even with each other) and ones that were completely false when placed alongside the physical evidence, which included some that shots had been fired in the car.  And all of it was reviewed by several people, so it might not be 'miscarriage' but instead, 'not what people wanted'.

I think it's completely irrelevant, when even if you believe every shred of evidence and claim in favor of the police side of the story, it's still the officer who immediately escalated the situation into a deadly encounter because a couple kids didn't immediately move to the sidewalk when ordered.  What this ruling tells the people is that a police officer can legally kill you if you are not immediately and completely compliant with any order.  Not that it's the first time we've had such a ruling.

Miscarriage of justice or not, the violence helps nobody and doesn't help make things better.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  As I've said before on this subject... when it's made clear to a population that law and order have every intention of operating as their enemy, then what better recourse does that population have than to deny order?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: November 24, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »

Anybody know if cars blow up explosively when on fire? Or is that just a Hollywood thing?

Yeah, mass anarchy over in Ferguson, hope the people in NYC show how it's done peacefully.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: November 24, 2014, 11:06:20 pm »

I'm not sure I agree with this.  As I've said before on this subject... when it's made clear to a population that law and order have every intention of operating as their enemy, then what better recourse does that population have than to deny order?

Save the ethical debate for later.  Let's stick with keeping an eye on what's happening.

Like right now, Protesters are blocking I-44!

Clergy are moving through crowds trying to calms stuff down.  Hopefully their efforts aren't in vain.

Police seem to be waiting for the protesters movements right now for the most part.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:08:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: November 24, 2014, 11:07:27 pm »

Protesters barricade highway 44, police armored vehicles move back to protect fire and police stations. Protesters immediately come right up to their lines.

Meanwhile protestors in Oakland have grown a lot, and started breaking things and spraying graffiti.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: November 24, 2014, 11:10:39 pm »

Anybody know if cars blow up explosively when on fire? Or is that just a Hollywood thing?

Yeah, mass anarchy over in Ferguson, hope the people in NYC show how it's done peacefully.
That's just a hollywood thing. You have to pressurize gas to get it to really explode, unless there's already a large open flame that you're throwing unprotected gas onto. Hell, you can boil gasoline without too many ill effects except fumes.

Edit: Clarity
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:15:29 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 667