Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820102 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit'sAmericanPolitics Megathread Two: Election Boogaloo
« Reply #855 on: April 28, 2013, 01:46:44 pm »

Nadaka, you're starting to act hostile. Not in my thread. The rest of y'all- don't feed his hyperbole.

Come now, don't accuse Nadaka if being the only one acting hostile and the rest of us feeding his hyperbole. Mictlantecuhtli was the one that started calling people "kiddo" and saying quite rude things like:

daka's best arguement: I'm right, you're wrong, my opinion is all encompassing! Cute. There's a reason your debates never fulfill any goal, mate. Support any position with popular opinion and prove your hyperbole claims of this being akin to a registry system and I'll give you the light of day to discuss your misguided views, otherwise you're stuck in la-la land.

Nadaka was only responding to Mictlantecuhtli's rudeness. Robust political debate is not an excuse to be rude - Mictlantecuhtli has to learn this. I remember him acting like this in the old presidential election thread.

Anyway, besides the intervention from the glorious HOP,

"Your graphs don't agree with my predisposed views so you're wrong!" Sorry. Just trying to inject facts into the gun debate. Tends to rustle jimmies I guess.

The graphs aren't the problem, it's how you're using them. I would really like it if you could please answer the points I put to you fully at the top of the page.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:49:35 pm by Owlbread »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 28, 2013, 01:47:51 pm »

Then show me a graph of how gun deregulation leads to lesser violence and I'll give you both some leniency in this argument, otherwise, get over it. I'm tired of disinformation fueling debate. Also, I'm 40, I'm going to call whomever kiddo I wish.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #857 on: April 28, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »

"Your graphs don't agree with my predisposed views so you're wrong!" Sorry. Just trying to inject facts into the gun debate. Tends to rustle jimmies I guess.
If you were trying to do that you wouldn't be conflating the guns affected by the assault weapons ban with military weapons.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 28, 2013, 01:49:18 pm »

Nadaka, you're starting to act hostile. Not in my thread. The rest of y'all- don't feed his hyperbole.

Come now, don't accuse Nadaka if being the only one acting hostile and the rest of us feeding his hyperbole. Mictlantecuhtli was the one that started calling people "kiddo" and saying quite rude things like:

daka's best arguement: I'm right, you're wrong, my opinion is all encompassing! Cute. There's a reason your debates never fulfill any goal, mate. Support any position with popular opinion and prove your hyperbole claims of this being akin to a registry system and I'll give you the light of day to discuss your misguided views, otherwise you're stuck in la-la land.

Nadaka was only responding to Mictlantecuhtli's rudeness.

Anyway, besides the intervention from the glorious HOP,

The graphs aren't the problem, it's how you're using them. I would really like it if you could please answer the points I put to you fully at the top of the page.

Duly noted. Nadaka, apologies where due. In any case: cut it out.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 28, 2013, 01:49:26 pm »

FJ, just lock the thread for an hour or so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 28, 2013, 01:50:18 pm »

Then show me a graph of how gun deregulation leads to lesser violence and I'll give you both some leniency in this argument, otherwise, get over it.

Now I'm going to take my leave since one side obviously cannot produce a single shred of supporting evidence.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 28, 2013, 01:50:36 pm »

*plays a violin as yet another politics thread burns*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 28, 2013, 01:51:57 pm »

Then show me a graph of how gun deregulation leads to lesser violence and I'll give you both some leniency in this argument, otherwise, get over it. I'm tired of disinformation fueling debate. Also, I'm 40, I'm going to call whomever kiddo I wish.

Right. I'm not arguing for gun deregulation. The ban isn't in place right now so what I'm proposing is actually "regulation". I'm suggesting that there may be a way to reach the outcome we had with crime rates falling with respect to violent crime without completely banning the guns - instead just regulate the living hell out of it. Multiply the hoops to be jumped through by 1000 etc. You keep refusing to address that argument.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #863 on: April 28, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »

Then show me a graph of how gun deregulation leads to lesser violence and I'll give you both some leniency in this argument, otherwise, get over it.

Now I'm going to take my leave since one side obviously cannot produce a single shred of supporting evidence.

Yea, sorry about that, to busy deconstructing your strawmen, gross misrepresentations, personal attacks and false accusations.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:55:47 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 28, 2013, 01:56:58 pm »

Topic is now locked. It will be reopened sometime tonight.

I would prefer that discussion start on another topic when it returns.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 28, 2013, 06:27:52 pm »

Thread has been unlocked. Think I started handing out the wrong accusations since the flames were shooting up so fast I didn't have time to read through the situation at hand.

So far as I can tell, Mictlantecuhtli's the real perp here, although Nadaka kinda joined in the flame-baiting. Owlbread seems to have been relatively civilized. Both of y'all, cut it out, especially Mic (name-calling and needless hostility, especially of the snarky holier-than-thou and respect-your-elders air he was displaying, have no place). Let this be a warning to the rest of you. Ain't going to ban anybody from the thread, but I will be keeping an eye on y'all. I don't really think I can tell people not to debate guns in this thread since, after all, they are politics. I'd like to put a week-long kibosh on the subject, however, just to let people simmer down.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:30:04 pm by FearfulJesuit »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 28, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »

So Obama seems pretty funny.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 30, 2013, 12:05:16 am »

On another note, Colbert's sister is leading in the polls. By a lot. And their debate pretty much lit the poor man's hopes on fire.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/colbert-busch-sanford-sc-debate-90755.html?hp=t1
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 667