Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819010 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Election Boogaloo
« Reply #1755 on: August 23, 2013, 10:05:27 pm »

They didn't allow him to plead guilty because the UCMJ does not allow guilty pleas in death penalty cases.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 23, 2013, 10:09:00 pm »

I think it's appropriate enough. The only harsher alternative is the death penalty, which I do not support.
Pretty much my opinion. I know a lot of people are bloodthirsty vengeful types, that wish pain and suffering on these sorts of people. But personally, while I understand that viewpoint I'm perfectly content to let people like this one live out the rest of their lives in peace... though preferably somewhere with "Maximum Security" in the name.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 23, 2013, 10:53:51 pm »

Massive Reddit thread of people sharing their personal experiences under various health care systems, mostly for the purpose of comparing what it's like in the U.S. vs the rest of the world.  I've known how bad it is for a long time, and reading the comparisons is still jarring to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 24, 2013, 08:59:43 am »

I'm thankful every day that I don't have to worry about paying for my healthcare at point of service.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 24, 2013, 09:07:03 am »

I actually have insurance problem right now :x. I didn't get the cheapest one, so I spend 120 euros a month instead of ~80 Dx

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 24, 2013, 09:10:26 am »

They didn't allow him to plead guilty because the UCMJ does not allow guilty pleas in death penalty cases.
Never mind, then. I just heard it on some NPR station and was a little preoccupied at the time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 24, 2013, 10:56:50 am »

Dutchling, how exactly does insurance works in the Netherlands? Do you have to pay for it yourself? Is it private? For-profit? What if you can't afford it?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 24, 2013, 11:23:33 am »

Well, I don't really have a 'problem', I was just stupid for not picking the cheapest one :P

I don't know much about insurance I'm afraid. It is mandatory and you can change insurance company at the end of the year or when you become 18. You pay for it yourself, and I assume it's private and for-profit. I think my dad is insured through his job, but as a student I can of course not do that. Everyone can afford it as you get most of it back from the government if you don't have a job: I get almost 80 euros a month that way.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:25:46 am by Dutchling »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 24, 2013, 03:28:41 pm »

Reading to clear out some tabs I've had open for too long while eating.  One of them concerns the conclusion of Bradley Manning's trial.  I haven't done any reading into that event, beyond knowing what his sentence was and that he apologized in his final statement.  I had long ago resigned what the conclusion of that saga was going to be, so I didn't bother.  I didn't think anything about it would surprise or interest me.

I guess I was wrong. 

Suffered from post-adolescent idealism...

Are they fucking serious?  Is having an unjaded conscience considered a disorder now?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 24, 2013, 03:36:44 pm »

Reading to clear out some tabs I've had open for too long while eating.  One of them concerns the conclusion of Bradley Manning's trial.  I haven't done any reading into that event, beyond knowing what his sentence was and that he apologized in his final statement.  I had long ago resigned what the conclusion of that saga was going to be, so I didn't bother.  I didn't think anything about it would surprise or interest me.

I guess I was wrong. 

Are they fucking serious?  Is having an unjaded conscience considered a disorder now?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That honestly sounds like some sort of dystopian pre-brainwashing session analysis. Remember, a cynical and small-minded society is imperative for the continuation of your glorious state!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 24, 2013, 03:59:45 pm »

Google's suggestions on the topic are odd. There are a lot of references to it, including before this case, but no legit psychological sources.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 24, 2013, 04:19:37 pm »

I guess I was wrong. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ノ(°^°ノ) ==(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡彡*
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 24, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

I guess I was wrong. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ノ(°^°ノ) ==(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡彡彡彡彡*
Dafuq is this text people use.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 24, 2013, 06:30:48 pm »

I guess I was wrong. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ノ(°^°ノ) ==(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡彡彡彡彡*
Dafuq is this text people use.
It's Hindu. Don't offend their culture plox.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 27, 2013, 06:54:13 pm »

Barack HUSSEIN Obama is at it again.

Remember, these people play GOP general secretary when they go to the primaries...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 667