Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dark Heresy (And other Warhammer 40,000 RPGs)  (Read 18655 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 01:17:52 pm »

I'm running a game of it right now.

We pretty heavily house-ruled the game, because brand new Dark Heresy characters are weak and don't know shit about shit. While that sounds like a good starting place, in Dark Heresy, it results in TONS and TONS of failures. Failures to do simple, basic things. It's been dubbed "Clown Shoes" by my players, because even simple tasks like trying to clear a jam border on an 80% failure rate, and new player characters rolled up by the book end up looking like buffoons when they try to do anything, or are faced with the slightest negative modifier.

Dark Heresy further divides combat from investigation, and can't make up its mind whether it wants PC/NPC interactions to be driven by dice rolls, roleplaying, both or neither. The end result is that non-combat PCs pay just as much XP as combat characters, are basically useless in combat, and have to spend experience to buy things like Scholastic Knowledge: Munitorium Procedures. I rarely if ever ask people to make knowledge rolls. Who wants to spend XP on an ability that says "either you know this, or you don't, the die determines"? How useless does an adept feel when they've spent 400xp on knowledge skills only to have the dice say "Yeah, sorry, you just don't know."

So what we did was a) give everyone access to every BASIC skill in the game for free. That means everyone has a chance to dodge, to parry, to swim instead of leaving them with a 95% chance of failure tying their shoes, walking and talking at the same time or breathing. Secondly, we cut the XP costs for any non-combat skill by half, to encourage people to buy those abilities (or to not tax the shit out of them for buying something they need.) We trimmed down the attribute advances so you don't end up paying 1500 XP for an attribute advance outside of your scheme. We cleaned up the dual-wielding rules, changed the rates of healing to be more forgiving (having a character get critically wounded at the start of the session, according to the rules, puts them out of commission for at least two weeks. And that's with quality medical care. It can be hard to reconcile healing and recovery with your adventure or with the other PCs), some other stuff. Basically, the goal was: get players to a place where they can be heroic, quicker, instead of making them fail left and right like your average, schlub NPCs.

My biggest general advice for running the game would be: know the combat rules, because they are crunchy as hell. Know the combat actions like the back of your hand. Know the combat modifiers. Know the weapon trait effects. There's a rule for just about everything in Dark Heresy, even when maybe there shouldn't be.

2nd biggest piece of advice: Decide how granular you want combat to be and how closely you want to follow the book on it. Dark Heresy is in many ways modeled after the table top war games; it tries to include as many rules that echo the table top as possible. So, for example, cover? Yeah, tracking the actual AP value of the cover all the PCs and NPCs are standing in, as it changes over the course of the fight, is a bookkeeping headache. As is ammo usage. As is trying to decide how things work in a 300m fight versus 100m fight versus a 50m fight. If you're going to have a combat involving more than 8 individuals, I'd map it out before hand. Figure out ranges. Establish where cover is.

A Dark Heresy combat is far more tactical than many other RPGs. The GM has a wealth of options when it comes to combat, as do the players. So you have to make judgment calls every turn. For example: there are two PCs and their two NPCs, all in cover. The friendly NPCs are closest to the enemy NPCs. The enemy NPCs could shoot whoever they want; they could throw grenades, fire on full auto, or charge in like psychos. As the GM, you have to decide who gets it, how they get it, and you have to factor in all the modifiers for success and failure. It's not really like D&D where you can just roll a die and point to a party member and say "The Orc attacks you." These are ranged combats that be over 300m in distance, with tons of factors included. So I often feel like I'm playing a table top war game when I'm running Dark Heresy. For example: Full Auto attacks are the bread and butter of a successful combat. Numerically, there's no better way to attack someone than with a full auto weapon, even at extreme ranges. That's how my players roll. If *I* did the same thing to them, gave every enemy NPC an autorifle and they just blasted full auto every turn, my PCs would be dead. So I pull a lot of punches. Bad guys sometimes only fire single shot or burst, even though they, numerically, don't have the best chance of success. They'll shoot their NPCs more often (or at least prioritize them when they're the closest), because otherwise they'd just ignore the NPCs and kill the PCs, since they're the ones that really matter.

Bottomline: there is an absolute fuck ton of things going on in combat you have to consider, track and remember. I'd spend the majority of your time studying the combat rules, and even running mock combats.

On setting: I've read, I'd like to think, probably 60% to 70% of all the Imperial and Space Marine fluff out there. So I have the benefit of a lot off source material for ideas. As isnotlogical said, you first need to figure out what kind of players you have. For example, my players? They're not interested in a lot of gravitas. They kind of want to be badass who don't afraid of nothing and shoot people at the drop of the hat because it's lulzy. They don't necessarily love or respect the 40k universe, so their characters and their approaches are often gooberish. For example, last night, they'd gotten through a big combat, backed up by a ton of NPCs they'd pressed into Inquisitorial service. One NPC, a civilian with a pistol, managed to almost get killed right at the start of the fight. Yet he hung on, right at the cusp of death and continued shooting back at the mutants and actually doing better than many of the other NPCs. At the end of the fight, an NPC medic rushes to him to try and stabilize him. What does one of my players do? Walks up to the civilian he recruited, who fought by his side like a good Imperial citizen, and with the medic sitting there packing gauze into his wounds...blows his head off. Why? Because my players are kind of senseless dicks sometimes. There was no reason to kill him, at all. But that's how my players roll. I gave him several corruption points for that little stunt.

So. Figure out what kind of players you have and whether all the details and seriousness you've invested into the campaign will be wasted on them. Then start orchestrating your setting. I'd like to think I keep it pretty grimdark without straying into real life grimdark. 40k has enough misery to go around just based in the lore, it's not necessary (IMO) to really try and twist the emotional knife with strong, overt themes. Sometimes the best way to deliver that sense of grimdark is in passing, not setting it directly in front of the players and DEMANDING an emotional reaction. Players hate that, IMO, and you'll often be disappointed by their reactions. This basically describes my players right now. If I tried to cook up some tortured, heart wrenching scene because I wanted a reaction out them...there's a 50% chance at least they'd just laugh and make jokes to erase the discomfort. So why bother? Make the setting grimdark, the landscape, the details. DON'T throw "Poor Me" characters at them, or expect your players to gallantly rush in to save people. Maybe that's how some of your players are wired, but generally, 40k breeds cynicism and contempt. I know it certainly does in my players. They care about themselves first and foremost, survival, and true to Inquisitorial form, they're willing to sacrifice anyone and anything necessary to live and win. If I'm lucky, that works with my story. If I'm not, they're often shitting on or laughing at things I didn't expect them to treat that way. Once they realized the kind of power that comes from working for the Inquisition, they started getting very trigger happy and talking down to NPCs. Which isn't necessarily out of character for Dark Heresy....but it makes it very hard to find something that "sticks" with them.

I can try and sum up the common themes of 40k that makes it grimdark though:

-Struggles against hopeless odds.
-An uncaring, faceless bureaucracy.
-Mechanization and industrialization to the detriment of society and the environment.
-The worth of an individual's life is zero.
-The worth of several thousand lives is slightly more than zero.
-The worth of several million lives is 1.
-The worth of several billion lives is somewhere betwewen 1 and 2.
-The worth of an entire planet and its resources is 10.
-Every day contains a little bit of Sophie's Choice: two options, both horrible, yet you've got to pick one.
-Intolerance, religious dogma & fanaticism, racism (human vs. not human) and fear of the unknown.
-Technology as magic and religion, a lack of understanding technology.
-Decay. Structural, social, physical.
-Decadence. 
-Everything that isn't human wants to kill you.
-Paranoia, distrust and suspicion of your fellow man.
-Hell is real and is always just moments away from spilling out into your reality.
-Knowledge is dangerous.
-Phyrric victories more often that actual victories.

Basically I just try and keep this in mind as a GM when it comes to my settings: The Imperium is the way it is for a reason. There's a reason behind everything. Bad things happen in the Imperium all the time and that has guided how society operates. I mean, really put yourself in the shoes of someone who lives in that world. It's gakking awful.

Lastly, I guess, is VARIETY. GWS is big on saying "The canon is that there's no true canon." With billions of Imperial worlds, some who haven't had contact with the Imperium for hundreds or thousands of years, there's a lot of room for things to be different. Not every world needs to be a hive slum, a death world or a battlefield. Not every Imperial governor needs to be a corrupt Chaos worshiper, or a cynical, self-serving bureaucrat. Not every planet is infested with Chaos cults. Not every NPC is a faceless, emotionally dead mook. Not every NPC likes, respects or fears the Inquisition. Sometimes one of the greatest joys of 40k is subverting people's expectations....then reinforcing them. Example: The PCs get sent a Pleasure World to do something. It's nice, clean, the people are happy and untroubled by war, the cities are beautiful and everyone's hopeful.

Then you have a traitor in the Imperial Navy launch a planet killer missile and wipe out half of civilization.

Ultimately it's up to you what kind of game you want to run. Maybe you want to subvert all those themes and let your players be true, kick ass heroes of the Imperium. It has a lot to do with how your players will react to it. For example, my players do NOT like getting bummed out. They hate Phyrric victories. Despite having played and known of 40k for over 15 years, they still don't really like the tropes and themes that make up a lot of it. You have to find the balance in what they will tolerate, and what you will tolerate.

That was a lot of blah blah. If you got any other questions, feel free to ask.

So what you are saying is that the makers of the RPG felt that NO ONE IN THE 40K UNIVERSE is a hero at all? So none of the novels that was written before these sets of RPG's are all heretical works? Seriously?!?

I understand that in the 40k Universe, a life of a human is practically less than a simple machine but common. I rather at that point move it to the 3.5 D20 rules and work from there to make a game in the 40k universe.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy (And other Warhammer 40,000 RPGs)
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 04:22:28 pm »

So what you are saying is that the makers of the RPG felt that NO ONE IN THE 40K UNIVERSE is a hero at all? So none of the novels that was written before these sets of RPG's are all heretical works? Seriously?!?

If you want that level of "we so kickass", you want to play Death Watch or Black Crusade. Dark Heresy, being the first book they wrote, has the most issues. (And if you've played enough Fantasy Flight games, you know their heart is in the right place but their mechanics are often miss the mark or start getting in the way of fun.)

It WANTS you to be kickass, but a) you start out a weakling who lacks even basic knowledge of half the things they'll need to do b) the default rules are full of penalties that make it hard to do anything c) the game is quite lethal d) you're all just plain old humans. The biggest offender of all though, are the amount of rules that govern everything and how they're rules based on exceptions. "Oh if you have this then add this, but if you have this in this situation then subtract this." It bogs down the game and the net total of all those rules often hurts your chances...or is completely forgotten. In other words, the rules often fight you trying to be heroic. (Combat engagement ranges the GM uses also have a huge impact on this. It's hard to run for 4 turns, maybe get hit and arrive with the combat over, and feel heroic.)

My players even have a gag. The bad ass looking guys on the cover of the book and GM screen? Yeah, PCs carry their luggage. :P You play the lowest powered characters that can still be called player characters. You're meant to fight with primitive weapons as often as high-tech ones. You fight other humans for the most part. Contrast Death Watch & Black Crusade, where the book flat out tells you you're in a league of your own as player characters. There is an entire class of NPC you can safely ignore in combat unless they're carrying a heavy weapon.

And in truth, 90% of the 40k novels I read, the heroes win but usually at a huge cost. They may kill the bad guy but lost the planet. They may have stopped the invasion but lost their greatest warriors. Sometimes they lose, badly, as part of a longer story where they eventually win. Even Space Marines take a good pasting in order to win. There is no conflict in 40k that the Imperium wins easily in the style of GI Joe, in my opinion. If you read of one, it's the setup for the actual conflict. Even in victory, people die, valuable things are lost and war always takes its toll. If things were easy or if there wasn't sacrifice, it wouldn't be 40k to me.

Still, I suppose you could just make 3e-ish rules for the Warhammer Universe and it'd be ok, as it's mostly about setting. But death and fear are part of the setting in 40k and a system where players can easily build themselves up into gods over the course of play wouldn't generate those kinds of emotions. Even when you're playing Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines, and have allllllll the advantages, there's plenty of stuff out there at your own level that can kill you quite easily. Unlike D&D, player characters in the 40k games aren't magically better than the things they face. They really only get 1 unique stat NPCs do not, their "get out of jail kind of free" card. Otherwise they play by all the same rules at relatively the same values. They're often only incrementally better than the things they fight until late, late game.

One of my friends is actually embarking on a total rewrite of the Dark Heresy rules (in truth he's trying to make a unified rule book for all systems.) His hope is it will be much more streamlined and people will kick more ass. When we've had a chance to play test, if I like it, I'll end up switching to it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:56:24 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 02:04:16 pm »

Got the cores for Only War, Black Crusade, Dark Heresy (already owned it), and Rogue Trader (gonna get Deathwatch soon). Right now I'm cooking up a homebrew on request that melds these all together. So far it looks like it'll be based on Rogue Trader, but it looks like I could meld everything together pretty easily.

Some advice for other GM's out there with a very small number of people (for example, my next campaign is looking like it'll have only two players at startup): Have the players create a couple characters they want to play, have them choose the one they want to play, and take the others as NPCs. This alleviates work for you, lets your players contribute, and helps flesh out a small party with non-generic characters. Of course it's just as easy for you to make all the characters, but you'll have a hard time creating a character that'd surprise you :p

The Players for my next campaign want to be less powerful than the characters in DH (influence-wise, as nenjin says DH can be pretty unforgiving at the start otherwise),  which it seems OW will allow with ease, but want the open world opportunities of RT. It's a bit of a project, since I only have very limited experience as a GM without including the fusion of multiple core books (My resume includes a GRIMDARK Naruto for a couple sessions that used edited Exalted character sheets [Don't judge me, I was young and foolish], Exalted itself, DnD, and the one Dark Heresy session). So needless to say, I'm down for any advice you peeps got.

My current campaign idea is pretty bare. My strategy is to create a beginning and an end, and let the players do whatever with minimal guidance. My peeps get many, many choices, and all of them have effects on the outcome of the game. For example, I had two friends and the obligatory girlfriend of a friend playing DnD. (I know it isn't 40K, but I feel like this thread is a suitable place to spread experience of our games to improve everyone's experience or something, shaddap, I got beer. Have one.) We had an Orc Barbarian (Grom Ragnarok), a Human Samurai focused on Iaijutsu (Jin Phuckit, and every combat he got involved in ended in a massacre for his enemies, lucky bastard), a Human Sorceress (Don't remember her name), and a Human Rogue focused on CQC and based largely on Solid Snake (Another name that slips my memory, most likely MGS-related, and also my character). Grom owed a life debt to Jin. If you've played KOTOR2 or know the culture of the Wookies, it's based off of that. They went into a city and wound up getting some info on a farm being raided by bandits. The landowner was using slaves, and we eventually discovered that the bandits were not raiding and killing as we were led to believe, but were instead freeing slaves and burning down the empty fields in the middle of the night. We wound up killing the farmer at the behest of the leader of the freed slaves. Jin wound up grabbing an amulet that looked quite fancy off of the dead farmer and got it examined in town. Grom was intimidating enough to "coerce" the shopkeeper into looking at it for free. He sensed a magical energy pulling from the amulet towards the untamed wilds. The group explored in that direction, coming across a tomb they believed to be where the amulet was drawing them towards. They managed to break their way in and wound up waking up a giant stone golem. As everyone was deadlocked in combat with this 20 foot giant thing (the battle was made possible due to penalties I made for the Golem in a room almost too small for him), I decided to let Snake, let's use that name for the sake of all our sanity, grapple his ear, climb up, manage to avoid being crushed by the golem's fists, and planted an explosive trap acquired when breaking into the tomb it its ear before setting it off and killing the golem while I rolled excellently and landed with a perfect roll as the golem collapsed behind me. We got a ring, and Jin was able to detect a source of energy being pulled from it in the same direction we were already moving.

At the end of the second session the boyfriend and girlfriend pair, Grom and Sorceress, dropped and the campaign ended. However, the next session would have introduced a Paladin at the end of a tomb they were going to raid but got there too late. Of course the Paladin was going to fight alongside them as often as possible before he was corrupted with the aide of a black dragon and went to lead forces of evil against the world. Bringing this back to my original point of making only the beginning and the end with many options in between, the party's decisions would have given them the support of the Free Slaves (who I would've ran like the Fremen of Dune, or the Tallarn Desert Raiders), but since they desecrated the tomb of the bastard son of the king, something they were unable to figure out, the Royal Guard would have been diverted elsewhere.

As a GM, I think that's the best way to run things: connect all the shit, regardless of the knowledge the NPCs have. It creates a story they can be enthralled by. One that pulls them in, where even though they may roam Tvtropes for weeks on end, they will still be surprised.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »

As a GM, I think that's the best way to run things: connect all the shit, regardless of the knowledge the NPCs have.

With regards to 40k, I think this is even more important than in D&D. Going back to something I said a while back, everything in 40k is that way for a reason, and a fleshed out sci-fi world is a great playground for players. Contrast your typical D&D fantasy settings, where there are elves and orcs and all of these accepted tropes that need no explanation. A lot of the procedural details aren't necessary unless you as the GM want to make a point of it. ("These aren't just elves, they're MY elves.")

For fans of 40k, often you just need the loosest plot to guide your players, as long as your world is fleshed out and there are things and hooks for your players to get into. For example, simply creating a "bad part of town" and the reasons behind it can turn a simple set piece into an entire adventure, if you're prepared for it.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 06:16:11 pm »

A sudden thing prevented us from being able to run to tonight. But because I'm a pathological map maker and I cranked one out last night, I figured I'd share a partial map of the Hive from my game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:24:43 pm by nenjin »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 06:55:12 pm »

You know those WoW: Cataclysm promo display cubes? Today I undid one so that it laid out nice, large, and flat, and it is shaped like a gorram ship already, so I've been working with, like, a four foot long ship to draw out. It's sexy and I can't wait to use it in combat.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 07:39:08 pm »

Dank Heresy: Chapter 6 - The Conspiracy unfolds. The Emperor says "Drugs are bad, mkay?". And grenades don't take lives, they save them.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:50:56 pm by nenjin »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00:10 pm »

I had to stop momentarily at the Warp Dust bit just to post that you just about nearly caused me to piss myself. Also, anyone else hear the Hearts of Iron combat sound effects when they go to Real Space?

Also, got my campaign started and it's been excellent so far. I'll gather up the facts and organize my memory before posting it though.

EDIT: And now that I finished reading, by the Throne you weave a good tale.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:11:45 pm by Man of Paper »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »

Rape comedy. Never fails.

Cue other investigating parties?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 07:52:18 pm »

So keep in mind that this campaign is the bastard child of multiple WH40K rpgs. We used the DH character sheets and classes, but are (trying) to focus more on the trader aspect, with the possibility of participation in all out war against the Mutant, Heretic, and Xeno. And failing miserably in the best way. I had the three players make two characters each (and most things were decided by roll of the dice, for more fun). I also let the PCs supplement their starting cash by selling their class equipment and purchasing whatever they could afford, since I figure they had careers before turning to work on a Rogue Trader vessel. We have:

Constantine Alaric, a 21 year old Hive-World Arbitrator with a Wiry Build, Gray Hair, Colored Lenses, and Tattoos. He's favored his Ius Automatic and Synford-Pattern Lock Shield.
Cortez Khan, an Assassin from a Feral World. He's a Strapping feller with Blue Cat Eyes, Blond Hair, and Ruddy Skin. He's a fan of the Sword and Shotgun.
Morias Skult, another Assassin, aged 29. This one is Void Born with Tiny Ears. He's Gaunt with Fair Skin, Black Hair, and Black Eyes. He prefers his Hunting Rifle with Telescopic Sight and Silencer.
Ravion, a Tech-Priest from a Hive World. The youngest of the crew, the 19 year old has a Hump Back. He's Brawny with Dark Skin, Brown Hair, and Green Eyes. He's not in for the combat, but has a hefty Great Weapon (Axe) just in case.
Jace Cromwell, the Throne Wed 25 Psyker born on an Imperial Dead Planet. He's Svelte with Fair Skin and Grey Eyes, his hair is Dyed White, and he bears an Electoo. He supplements his abilities with judicious use of a Stub Automatic.
Drell Cutter, age 29, a Feral World Scum with Filed Teeth. He is Lean, with Dark Skin, Black Hair, and Green Eyes. He prefers to use his Silenced Autogun.

That's the first session. A second one was done last week, so that'll be coming soon. Admittedly, I am a little in the dark on certain parts of 40K lore, but I don't think I've fudged it too badly. If you see something flawed however, please do point it out. I'd appreciate any improvement I can get. I'll also say that I'm letting Cowboy Bebop influence the campaign a little, in the sense that the crew is going to keep getting dicked out of a huge payday in the funnest ways possible.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 02:30:44 am »

So I was out of town for work one week of Black Crusade, and didn't run DH the following week because I was wiped out and unprepared.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:59:59 pm by nenjin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:20 am »

Huh.
Dark Heresy can, on occasion, be badass.

Also, with dat Black Heresy thing - why not try to go conquer some fringe worlds and bring them into the Warp? Summon daemons, all that crap. If you manage to take a world, I'm pretty sure you guys will get blessed by the gods pretty heavily.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:08:28 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 10:29:38 am »

Also, with dat Black Heresy thing - why not try to go conquer some fringe worlds and bring them into the Warp? Summon daemons, all that crap. If you manage to take a world, I'm pretty sure you guys will get blessed by the gods pretty heavily.

That is more or less one plan, but with this group it's like trying to herd a group of hyper-aggressive, easily bored cats. Plus, the general desire of the group seems to be making war on the Imperium instead of conquering planets. I dunno, we need to have a moment of seriousness in the next session to figure out what we're really going to do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2013, 01:28:44 pm »

That is more or less one plan, but with this group it's like trying to herd a group of hyper-aggressive, easily bored cats. Plus, the general desire of the group seems to be making war on the Imperium instead of conquering planets. I dunno, we need to have a moment of seriousness in the next session to figure out what we're really going to do.
Why not suggest go fighting Orks?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »

There's no joy in fighting orks. They don't feel fear like humans do, and they're basically immune to warp corruption. So we know we want to screw with the Imperium, the questions are where, when and how.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4