Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Growth: A Social Experiment: 1st Iteration  (Read 5254 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Growth: A Social Experiment: 1st Iteration
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2013, 08:07:44 pm »

Ya know... Despite my very slightly exaggerated annoyance towards those who do not put in "money" for the pot I have an observation that you are free to disregard and doesn't necessarily relate to this experiment. Well 2 actually.

1. I feel like this could be made into an interesting game. The point of which for most players is to gather the most points. There would be a few players with special rules such as have lowest amount of points, cause X to have less points than Y, and perhaps add more roles such as a thief [Gets to siphon off the winnings of another player once per turn] or some such. It's a very rough sketch but just a thought I had. I'll get back on that.

2. If this is meant to model a real life situation [say feeding a family] where putting in points is hunting and points themselves are food output. I think by this point quite a few of the players would have been killed for being louts [such as my vote to Kill criptfeind and several other like requests.] Just an observation. Not really meant to mean anything.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 08:42:28 pm »

At that point you might as well just go all out and play Mafia.

And I don't mean that that is a bad idea, it's just that it really is starting to sound like mafia, and there is already some really good rule sets to use there.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2013, 08:53:50 pm »

It takes a lot of inspiration FROM mafia, of which I am currently hosting one and plan to be involved in more soon.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 08:57:31 pm »

1. I feel like this could be made into an interesting game. The point of which for most players is to gather the most points. There would be a few players with special rules such as have lowest amount of points, cause X to have less points than Y, and perhaps add more roles such as a thief [Gets to siphon off the winnings of another player once per turn] or some such. It's a very rough sketch but just a thought I had. I'll get back on that.
This does sound interesting...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 09:02:51 pm »

I had a slightly simpler idea. Players could create multiple pots to contribute to, but they only recieved points from a pot they'd put points in, and all players had to agree on who was contributing to ple pot, so someone couldn't give 1 point to each pot and win loads.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2013, 10:50:43 pm »

If this game was active, I would have probably inquired if it was possible to "lend" points to other players so they could invest them into the pool. Then these players would make interest payments to me, using the income that they get from the "point pool" that they donated money into. I would have avoided the risk of putting money into the pool directly, while the players who borrowed points from me have the potential to gain more points than other players, just through the power of leverage.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2013, 10:56:36 pm »

It's theoretically active, we just need those last few players to submit actions...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2013, 07:11:18 am »

This is very interesting. Especially since I read "social experiment" correctly enough to see everything posted here from a very interesting point of view. The suggestions over "how to make the game better" especially. Interesting  ;D

Great job, wyrm. I'd put in 100 points, but apparently this is full.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]