- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28193 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 11:04:17 pm »

Grab any protective gear needed (armor, helmets, etc.), and get going. Make sure everyone's ready, I have my gear, and let's go.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 11:27:43 pm »

Name:Jack Darlon
Equipment:Barret M82 Anti-Materiel Rifle, 5 clips of .50BMG ammo, browning m1911 pistol(with 3 clips of .45 ACP), combat knife, communicator
HP:12
Int:8
Str:12
Agi:10
Skills:Rifle(3), Small Arms (3)
Advantages: Special Forces Sniper. If Jack can see it, he can kill it. And thanks to his Force Recon sniper training, he can see and hit it from a long way off
Disadvantages:Emotional Distance. Jack's time in the special forces has had him sent to a variety of hellholes on the planet, and his experiences can make him sound distant and unemotional to those he doesn't know or trust, and trust is a very hard thing to come by with him.
Perks:He can drive a wide range of vehicles to get around, from your average motorcycle to a Bradly
Quirks:Lucky silver dollar. He has a dented silver dollar that saved his life once by deflecting a bullet. He never goes anywhere without it, and can actually attempt to refuse to do a mission if he doesn't have it on him

-------------------

You exit the town and start looking for high ground. The blizzard is noticeably limiting your visibility. After scouting around the town a little bit, you find some likely places that you could go and think where to go next. The east of the town starts going upward a bit, you think there might be a hill in that direction. If correct, that would probably be your best choice to see the most, but it is possible that the blizzard could make going up it difficult and take some time, as well as possible making it all for nothing, since your visibility is so poor. If you go there and the windigo is discovered elsewhere, it is unlikely that you can assist the others. There are also several tall trees nearby, you could borrow a tree stand and look there. It is faster then going up the hill, but is not as tall. You could also go elsewhere, of course, if you want to look for something else.

What do you do?

------------------------------------------

Name: Johnathan Legrin
Equipment:Beretta 92 (2 clips), Calvary Saber, toolbox
HP: 7
Stats:
Int: 12
Str: 7
Agi: 11
Skills:Engineer(3), small arms(2), close combat (3)
Advantages: A tinker, Johnathan knows how to make stuff, and fix stuff, and was a fencer in his spare time, getting rather good at it.
Disadvantages: He's not used to guns, and doesn't like them, in addition to often having been thoroughly traumatized in New York.
Perks: He likes hiking and being in the outdoors, and so is used to being outside.
Quirks: He has a minor case of OCD. (What exactly said obsession/compusion is will be decided when it comes around to it.)
Bio: Working as an engineer at a New York-based company, he was among the first hit by the horde. He survived by using his wits to escape the quarantine zone, but was heavily traumatized- his family survived by virtue of being on the outskirts of the city. Before the change in his life, he had been born and raised in the south, though he moved to New York for his job, where he would later meet his wife. He also picked up fencing while in college, and continued the hobby until now, at which point he's found a practical use for it.

---------------------------------------------------

You ask Vlad where to find armor, and he laughs a bit while saying "You want armor, friend? Well the suit your in should have plenty already! Bulletproof uniform there. I SUPPOSE that if you want, ANGELA could order you some concussion plates. But we are in a hurry now. Not like little plates could help against BIG MOTHERLAND ZMEY!" . He then grabs some more explosives and heads out to the door. You follow them.

There are two helicopters, one that looks like a normal civilian helicopter you see all the time back in New York, maybe a little larger. A second is much bigger, and looks a lot like a military transport helicopter. You assume that one transports the tank.

You enter the helicopter behind Walter, who goes to the front to drive. The chairs look a lot like those in a dentist office, at first glance, except a little more padded. The rest of the men file in to their own seats and secure their weapons to packs next to your chair. Walter helps by telling you standard procedure while preparing for liftoff. He tells you how to say down and buckle, and you put a mask on. He explains that while it is not necessary at first, after conversion it will save your life. Normally they would wait until they where ready for conversion, but he wanted to make sure you where doing it right, to help avoid injury. You stay in that position until liftoff, not being able to see or hear much.

The helicopter then lifts off hardly a minute after you are prepared. At first it feels like you are in a standard helicopter, but after about ten minutes you feel it shift to the right, followed by a great increase in speed. A few hours later, your feel yourself shift back left as the speed returns back to a standard helicopter. The mask on your face pops off, and Walter tells you how to get back into the main position while he lands the jetcopter. Once it lands, everyone gathers in the back and sits down as Angela, as she begins to speak.

"Before we start" She asks "Does anyone have any questions, issues, or statements that must be said? I want to make sure we go in fully prepared. We don't want anyone getting hurt"

Anything to say?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 11:30:40 pm »

((Just an OOC question- nothing to ask- what is a Zmey? I'm assuming Johnathan has heard of whatever it is, but can I know?))

Johnathan doesn't ask questions, but tries to remember the plan.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 11:32:00 pm »

((Russian dragon, had muptile heads or some shit. Just type Zemy into google and it should come up.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 11:36:49 pm »

Jack thinks it over and feels his best bet would be to take to the trees. In this weather climbing a hill would take too long and if the Wendigo went somewhere else he'd be out of position to relocate in time to help. He tries to find the tallest tree and climbs it logger style to near the top with the tree stand; from there its a simple matter if positional changes force him to have to relocate for a better shot.(It's not having the best ground that counts, it's the ability to get to where he needs for taking the shot)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 11:46:23 pm »

((Just an OOC question- nothing to ask- what is a Zmey? I'm assuming Johnathan has heard of whatever it is, but can I know?))

((This))
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 11:48:07 pm »

......DUDE. YOU. ARE. FUCKED.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 11:51:10 pm »

It is to late to do any more tonight, but a Zmey is a Russian dragon with multiple heads. While some are as big as that^, the one your fighting on your first mission is significantly smaller, more like this one.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 11:59:07 pm »

"Good to meet y'all. I was a surgeon down in Texas before this whole thing started, and a paramedic. I guess I'm here to make all o' you folks stay patched up. Name's Patricia, but you can call me Patty." the Texan may have had some misconceptions, but she wasn't stupid, and her brother had served in the glorious army of the USA, so she knew how combat went, or thought she did, from his stories. To that effect, she requests medical supplies of all kinds in a backpack or duffel, more ammunition, a speed loader, a backup knife, a pair of backup glasses, goggles, some protective gear, and a helmet. Oh, and a bottle of tequila, whiskey, or bourbon, bourbon preferred. With a glass.

"Any o' you boys - or gals - got any liquor on ya? Helps the nerves." Patricia wasn't old, though she had a gray hair or two(that she plucked regularly) every once in a while, but she still didn't like to stand up for too long, much though it was required in her line of work. So she looked around for and sat down in a chair, after asking another question. "So Goldmann, what does Allah have you do in this here group? And what'll we be fightin'? Do I need silver bullets, holy bullets, or some other contrived thing you people have made?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 01:26:16 am »

Name: Joe Cerrito
Equipment: Desert Eagle, 6 full clips for said Eagle, combat knife, tome of forbidden knowledge.
HP: 13
Stats: Distribute 30, maximum 15. 10 is average, 15 is professional, 5 is below average
Int: 15
Str: 10
Agi: 5
Skills:
Advantages: He has a tome of forbidden knowledge, might come in handy. Also never seems to give up no matter how F.U.B.A.R. a situation has become, though that crosses into disadvantage territory when the situation is can only get worse by continuing.
Disadvantages: He is pretty goddamn crazy.
Perks: Has the unnatural ability to always find a clip of ammo when he needs one, even where it should not be (check your potted plant. Ammo clip. Check your back pocket. Ammo clip. Check the inside of your computer. Ammo clip.).
Quirks: Carries a small tome of forbidden knowledge, losing track of the book leaves Joe incapable of doing anything but tearing everything apart to find the book. No one else is allowed to touch, read, or even have a clue what is in his book without later dying under suspicious circumstances.
Bio: Joe was an undergrad student at a local university when the first wave came. After looting a dead man's body of a shotgun, Joe was spotted by an Imp who was carrying a small tome. While Joe couldn't kill the Imp before it alerted others to his presence, he still managed to get away. Later, Joe felt a lump in his back pocket. The tome that the Imp carried had somehow gotten into his pocket. Against every part of him telling him to throw the book away, something seemingly forced him to read it. No one knows what he read, but Joe was discovered by the Foundation cutting off the hand of a demon who would not let go of the book even in death. Currently, the only information about the book that could be pried from Joe was "There is always more. No matter what, there is still the next page."
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 07:06:52 am »

PTW.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 08:12:36 pm »

Name: Johnathan Legrin
Equipment:Beretta 92 (2 clips), Calvary Saber, toolbox
HP: 7
Stats:
Int: 12
Str: 7
Agi: 11
Skills:Engineer(3), small arms(2), close combat (3)
Advantages: A tinker, Johnathan knows how to make stuff, and fix stuff, and was a fencer in his spare time, getting rather good at it.
Disadvantages: He's not used to guns, and doesn't like them, in addition to often having been thoroughly traumatized in New York.
Perks: He likes hiking and being in the outdoors, and so is used to being outside.
Quirks: He has a minor case of OCD. (What exactly said obsession/compusion is will be decided when it comes around to it.)
Bio: Working as an engineer at a New York-based company, he was among the first hit by the horde. He survived by using his wits to escape the quarantine zone, but was heavily traumatized- his family survived by virtue of being on the outskirts of the city. Before the change in his life, he had been born and raised in the south, though he moved to New York for his job, where he would later meet his wife. He also picked up fencing while in college, and continued the hobby until now, at which point he's found a practical use for it.

---------------------------------------------------

"If no one has any issues, we have to get started soon." Angela says, once no one seems to offer any resistance. "We don't have enough fire power to kill it without the tank. For the time being, we will do our best to keep it away from the towns. Moscow has enough military to keep it away, so we should mostly be watching for the smaller villages. If we can keep it off until nightfall, it will probably retreat to its cave. Then we can get the Abraham here and fight it off." she says simply.

"So we will have to split up in order to work as efficiently as possible. At the moment it is in an empty spot, flying toward a larger village. Walter and Timmy, could you two please use the helicopter to distract the zemy? I don't think we have enough fire power to kill it there, but you could keep it still long enough for the second part. While that is happening, Johnathan, could you please go to the point north of here, a kilometer or so? There is an abandoned Soviet base there. Much of it has been looted or reused, however this far in the middle of nowhere you should be able to find something to help. Vladamir, could you protect Johnathan? I myself will find reinforcements if possible." she continued to state, rather politely. The men seem to have taken the request as orders, and agreed saying either "AFFIRMATIVE!" or "Yes mam!" or something to that effect. Walter returned to piloting position while the others got out their weaponry and exited the jetcopter. The weather outside was cold, but your cold weather gear keeps you fairly warm. You and Vlad start walking north, Angela south. After everyone had walked away far enough, the jetcopter launched. You stair back at it for a second while it is flying, it had begun to shift like some strange puzzle. A turret-style gun had popped out of the right side, and it flew north, right over your head.

Looking out toward your destination, you appear to be on the bottom of a hill. The base is probably on the top of the hill, but so is the dragon. Vlad is following closely, easily wielding his rocket launcher (Which he has proudly told you is a top-of-the-line RPG-32), but you doubt he can kill the zemy.

How do you approach the base?

------------------------
Name:Jack Darlon
Equipment:Barret M82 Anti-Materiel Rifle, 5 clips of .50BMG ammo, browning m1911 pistol(with 3 clips of .45 ACP), combat knife, communicator
HP:12
Int:8
Str:12
Agi:10
Skills:Rifle(3), Small Arms (3)
Advantages: Special Forces Sniper. If Jack can see it, he can kill it. And thanks to his Force Recon sniper training, he can see and hit it from a long way off
Disadvantages:Emotional Distance. Jack's time in the special forces has had him sent to a variety of hellholes on the planet, and his experiences can make him sound distant and unemotional to those he doesn't know or trust, and trust is a very hard thing to come by with him.
Perks:He can drive a wide range of vehicles to get around, from your average motorcycle to a Bradly
Quirks:Lucky silver dollar. He has a dented silver dollar that saved his life once by deflecting a bullet. He never goes anywhere without it, and can actually attempt to refuse to do a mission if he doesn't have it on him

-------------------

You borrow a hunter's tree stand and find a good tree to climb. Fortunately, someone had set up a good one in a clearing and gave you directions. Climbing the tree was easy, thanks to the rope ladder he had placed climbing lumberjack style was unnecessary. The stand has a little snow on it, but is is below a branch and you where able to clean most of it off. The tree stand was really high, giving you good visibility, but the blizzard was still obscuring your view.

You continue to wait, setting up well in the tree stand, when the tree starts shaking back and forth. You nearly scope yourself, as you look down to see a huge monster. You must be at least twenty feet up, but the windago takes up half of that. It has white fur, making it look like a giant ape, with blood around its moth as it starts climbing toward you. Apparently that acts as an effective camouflage. Strangely, you are suddenly hit by the fact the wind was blowing away from you, as you remember from your readings you where taking in order to hit efficiently. It must have smelled you.

What do you do?
---------------------------

Name: Patricia Garfien
Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, bottle of whiskey, hatchet, 50 .357 rounds (Speed loader) , Contacts, Glasses case:glasses
HP: 11
Stats:
Int: 9
Str: 11
Agi: 10
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3)
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Perks: Excellent bedside manner.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

--------------------------

Goldman waves to the twins, and they give a quick salute while they run into the hallway. They come back with some of the equipment you requested, all in a backpack. You put your current equipment in the backpack, and set it down next to you. It was a sturdy backpack, military style with the Archangel's shield on the pack. It was relatively heavy when completely full, but you don't think it will slow you down much.

"The rest of the equipment depends on the mission we go on. We will be called when something comes up, it usually happens at least once every two days. If we are lucky, we get some sleep in between. None of us drink any, but I did see you put a flask of whiskey in your pack. We can order some with dinner, feel free to drink what you have now. Just don't get to drunk, we might have to..." As Goldman finishes the statement, an alarm sounds, and Goldman pulls a laptop computer onto his lap and begins talking. While he does that, the rest of the troops scramble to get ready. "Here, get your uniform on. Ill get you anything else you need, once we get told what we are doing". Scout tells you, as he directs you to the bathroom. You change and come back, everyone else seems to be prepared to move. Goldman motions for you to stand next to the Johnson twins, as he begins talking.

"We have a dozen Oni attacking some city. They are standard enemies, we should have no problem if we go at this right." He said simply. "Is there anything that needs to be done before we take off?"

------------------

Name: Joe Cerrito
Equipment: Desert Eagle, 6 full clips for said Eagle, combat knife, tome of forbidden knowledge.
HP: 10
Stats:
Int: 15
Str: 10
Agi: 5
Skills: Small arms (1), ???(3)
Advantages: He has a tome of forbidden knowledge, might come in handy. Also never seems to give up no matter how F.U.B.A.R. a situation has become, though that crosses into disadvantage territory when the situation is can only get worse by continuing.
Disadvantages: He is pretty goddamn crazy.
Perks: Has the unnatural ability to always find a clip of ammo when he needs one, even where it should not be (check your potted plant. Ammo clip. Check your back pocket. Ammo clip. Check the inside of your computer. Ammo clip.).
Quirks: Carries a small tome of forbidden knowledge, losing track of the book leaves Joe incapable of doing anything but tearing everything apart to find the book. No one else is allowed to touch, read, or even have a clue what is in his book without later dying under suspicious circumstances.
Bio: Joe was an undergrad student at a local university when the first wave came. After looting a dead man's body of a shotgun, Joe was spotted by an Imp who was carrying a small tome. While Joe couldn't kill the Imp before it alerted others to his presence, he still managed to get away. Later, Joe felt a lump in his back pocket. The tome that the Imp carried had somehow gotten into his pocket. Against every part of him telling him to throw the book away, something seemingly forced him to read it. No one knows what he read, but Joe was discovered by the Foundation cutting off the hand of a demon who would not let go of the book even in death. Currently, the only information about the book that could be pried from Joe was "There is always more. No matter what, there is still the next page."

-------------------------------------

You look out the porthole of the ship to try to see something. You can't see much, since it has frosted over, but you can see blurry shapes that look like ice. You had been in the ship for several weeks. It was generally comfortable, they had given you a good size room, and you had plenty to eat, but everyone was busy and kept you mostly to yourself. There was not much you could do, going up deck would freeze you, only other thing you can do is work. So you stayed in your cabin most the trip, watching satellite TV, going on the web, and....reading.

There is a knock on the door. You open it, and the captain comes to speak with you. You ate with him sometimes, and you are generally acquaintances by now. "Well we are here. Pack your bags and meet me me up deck. Wear your cold weather cloths." he says in a businesslike manner. You go and pack your bags, with the assistance of the captain, and go up deck as he has stated. The ship was docked on the ice, with a long-tube coming from a huge building a on the shore a bit away. You shiver for warmth, even under your heavy cloths it is still freezing cold. The captain points toward the tube, said "Just go in that thing and follow it to the door!" he said hurriedly, as he went back in his own door. You do so, quickly, as you already have a good quarter inch of snow on your head. The entrance is a bunch of black plastic- like things from the top and bottom, making it somewhat difficult to get in, but it was substantially warmer once inside. There where a few more similar things, after each one you end up warmer. You start to take off your cold weather clothing as you go down. After a few minutes of walking, you end up at a thick steel door. It swings open with the sound of hydraulics, as well as a sucking sound. You enter quickly, and it slams shut behind you. Once inside, you see what looks like a waiting room for a small hospital. A few people sit in front of a desk, taking calls and typing, with a few people in uniforms either moved from one end to the other or sat in waiting chairs.

One of the men in the chairs got up to greet you. It looks like he was carving something, and he put his combat knife away as he is getting up. "Ace is my name" he said as he walks up to you "and you are either Joe Cerrito or very, very lost." He then examined you from head to toe, giving off a small chuckle when he came to your gun holster. "By the look of it, you got a nice little range toy. Heavy, expensive, poor aim, I can see why you chose it..." he said sarcastically, as he points to his own gun, an M16. "This little baby ways the same as your range toy, fires faster, and can hit its target with famed accuracy. Hell it even costs less!" he stated proudly. You begin to say something, but he waves you off. "I doubt you are here to debate guns" he says dismissively, "You are here to shoot them. Come, follow me. Your now part of the best unit around, Spinx!"

You follow him through a door in the side, next to the receptionists. It leads you to a large hallway, kind of like the ones back in your collage. Doors of all shapes and sizes litter the walls, as you fallow Ace. After another few minutes of walking, he leads you to an ornate door, a shiny thing with the words "Spinx" written in some steel at the top, followed with a list of names further down, all polished to a shine. "Say hello to the best!" he said, as he opened the door. A few men are scattered around, they look like they where waiting for you.

How do you greet them?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 08:15:43 pm »

"If you boys have any kinda shielding thing, or a stretch out gurney, it'll be a lifesaver. Literally."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 08:16:43 pm »

What else? Send a .50 cal bullet straight through its skull, and if that doesn't do it, grab my pistol and start unloading .45 ACP on him. While radioing "Holy hell, this thing is trying to climb the tree I'm in!" With positional information of course. Note if it gets too close risk injury by jumping(better broken leg than becoming it's lunch!)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 08:40:16 pm »

Just nod and say "Hi". Scoot to a corner of the room and wait for what happens next.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43