- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28197 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2013, 04:08:51 pm »

Name: Joe Cerrito
Equipment: Desert Eagle, 6 full clips for said Eagle, combat knife, tome of forbidden knowledge.AR-15, 3 clips AR-15, communicator.
HP: 10
Stats:
Int: 15
Str: 10
Agi: 5
Skills: Small arms (1), ???(3), Rifle (1)
Advantages: He has a tome of forbidden knowledge, might come in handy. Also never seems to give up no matter how F.U.B.A.R. a situation has become, though that crosses into disadvantage territory when the situation is can only get worse by continuing.
Disadvantages: He is pretty goddamn crazy.
Perks: Has the unnatural ability to always find a clip of ammo when he needs one, even where it should not be (check your potted plant. Ammo clip. Check your back pocket. Ammo clip. Check the inside of your computer. Ammo clip.).
Quirks: Carries a small tome of forbidden knowledge, losing track of the book leaves Joe incapable of doing anything but tearing everything apart to find the book. No one else is allowed to touch, read, or even have a clue what is in his book without later dying under suspicious circumstances.
Bio: Joe was an undergrad student at a local university when the first wave came. After looting a dead man's body of a shotgun, Joe was spotted by an Imp who was carrying a small tome. While Joe couldn't kill the Imp before it alerted others to his presence, he still managed to get away. Later, Joe felt a lump in his back pocket. The tome that the Imp carried had somehow gotten into his pocket. Against every part of him telling him to throw the book away, something seemingly forced him to read it. No one knows what he read, but Joe was discovered by the Foundation cutting off the hand of a demon who would not let go of the book even in death. Currently, the only information about the book that could be pried from Joe was "There is always more. No matter what, there is still the next page."

------------------------

You raise your weapon as you walk down the stairs. Ace had put a reflex sight on your gun, to help you aim more accurately with the weapon you are still unfamiliar with. You walk down the steel stairs carefully, as you imagine you are making a lot of noise. Can't hear much thru your headphones, and what you can hear is mostly an alarm. You go down a floor, and open a thin wooden door carefully. There was a hallway with several doors on each side, and a zombie who appears not to have noticed you, instead trying to climb the wall to reach a beeping smoke detector. There is a few bloody spots on the walls, but otherwise the zombie is all you see. There are a few other doors that you will probably have to clear out.

How do you want to go about clearing the floor? You could shoot the zombie in the hallway, then make a lot of noise to try driving the zombies to you. This risks zombies coming up from the other floors, as well as you being overwhelmed by the amount that comes. You could try to go closer, not making as much noise and taking the zombies one on one, but that risks you getting close to them. You could also wait longer, until the helicopter is prepared to do a run over, then attack after it sweeps the floor.

What do you do?

---------------------------------

Name: Patricia Garfien
Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 39 .357 rounds (Speed loader) , Contacts, Glock, Glock magazine (1) Glasses case:glasses
HP: 11
Stats:
Int: 9
Str: 11
Agi: 10
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3)
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Perks: Excellent bedside manner.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...
-----------------------------------------------------

You begin to exit for the range, but Goldman insists you stay nearby, since you are now on call, but you do take a few sips of whiskey and clean your guns. You also make yourself a sandwich using some of the twin's supplies, they explain that they using their ration tokens together and usually end up with extras by the end of the month. After eating your lunch, you start doing some exercises, push ups, sit ups, and pull ups on the doorway. Soon, the alarm goes off once again and people scramble to get ready. "A Baba Yaga has popped up in the Ukraine" Goldman says, on his way to the weapon room.

Anything equipment you want or questions?
----------------------------

Name:Jack Darlon
Equipment:Barret M82 Anti-Materiel Rifle, 5 clips of .50BMG ammo,  ( browning m1911 pistol(with 3 clips of .45 ACP), combat knife, communicator, gillie suit
HP:12
Int:8
Str:12
Agi:10
Skills:Rifle(3), Small Arms (3)
Advantages: Special Forces Sniper. If Jack can see it, he can kill it. And thanks to his Force Recon sniper training, he can see and hit it from a long way off
Disadvantages:Emotional Distance. Jack's time in the special forces has had him sent to a variety of hellholes on the planet, and his experiences can make him sound distant and unemotional to those he doesn't know or trust, and trust is a very hard thing to come by with him.
Perks:He can drive a wide range of vehicles to get around, from your average motorcycle to a Bradly
Quirks:Lucky silver dollar. He has a dented silver dollar that saved his life once by deflecting a bullet. He never goes anywhere without it, and can actually attempt to refuse to do a mission if he doesn't have it on him

----------------------

They're dicks. They are also the bases for elves.

---------------------

You ask about the Fea. Eggy starts to speak "They are insane beings. They kidnap children to replace them with changelings, attack mortals at seemingly random things, kidnap humans as pets..." Conners interrupts, "I think he means 'how do I shoot them better?'". "Ah yes" Eggy replied, fixing his glasses. "Their main weapon is magic. This can make them hard to kill. They are weak against both iron and steel, as you already know, with some other weaknesses depending on what version they are. Some of the common weaknesses are church bells and music, church bells make them run away and music distracts them. If you manage to find their true name, you can kind of control them. Holy water and crosses might also work."

"Well we have to get started. They have taken captives and killed at least a hundred people by our accounts, if you find people try to get them to safety. Gogogo!" Connors continues, as he flips down a latter. Katy goes down first, and you follow her down the latter. You end up in a thick, wild forest with moderately tall trees. Katy prepares her assault rifle as she begins to talk to you.

"We are going to have some trouble if they notice us" she says. "They probably heard the jetcopter, which isn't going to make our job easy. If they end up using magic, we might have trouble hitting them..." she puts her gun up to her eye and looks around, using her reflex scope to check the area while she gets in a crouching position. "They have not found us yet, so we may still have the element of surprise" she said, getting back on her feat, but keeping her gun ready. "If you can find a good place to shoot, you might be able to take out some of their scouts. They probably sent someone to check our landing zone, so we better hurry."

Do you have any suggestions or your own plan?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:46 pm »

Well, sounds like a good plan so far, can't really think of something better except see if she can be a distracyion when I need them distracted for me to shoot them. Also, scout for good sniping positions
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2013, 04:21:30 pm »

"And what's a Baby Yoga?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

Equipment:Barret M82 Anti-Materiel Rifle, 5 clips of .50BMG ammo,  ( browning m1911 pistol(with 3 clips of .45 ACP), combat knife, communicator, gillie suit
Advantages: Special Forces Sniper. If Jack can see it, he can kill it. And thanks to his Force Recon sniper training, he can see and hit it from a long way off
Disadvantages:Emotional Distance. Jack's time in the special forces has had him sent to a variety of hellholes on the planet, and his experiences can make him sound distant and unemotional to those he doesn't know or trust, and trust is a very hard thing to come by with him.
Perks:He can drive a wide range of vehicles to get around, from your average motorcycle to a Bradly
Quirks:Lucky silver dollar. He has a dented silver dollar that saved his life once by deflecting a bullet. He never goes anywhere without it, and can actually attempt to refuse to do a mission if he doesn't have it on him

----------------------

You ask Katy to be a detraction. "If necessary" she replies, "But it would really ruin our surprise if we do it wrong." She then goes to her own, to set up here own position in nearby bushes. You look for your own spot, finding two likely choices. There is a particularly large tree you could go to. You would have a great view of the clearing Katy is setting her area on, and are not to far. Your suit also would work best there. But on the tree you would have less mobility, if the elves used something against you it would be harder to get out of the way. There is a large rock you could also try, but it does not raise you up as much and you would be spotted more easily. You would be able to jump off easily, however, and would be able to get out of the way if something gets thrown toward you.

What do you do?
---------------
Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 39 .357 rounds (Speed loader) , Contacts, Glock, Glock magazine (1) Glasses case:glasses
Stats:
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

"Russia's version of a witch" Goldman explains, coming out of the armory with new equipment. "She rides around on a mortar, eats travelers and little children, and has magical powers. She has strong magic, but physically she is supposedly a frail old women. Normal bullets should work fine" he continues, as he walks off to the garage with the rest of the people.

"Any other questions or equipment, now that you know what we are facing?" he asks, when everyone gathers in the garage.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2013, 05:05:05 pm »

Get close to the zombies and take them out.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2013, 05:08:11 pm »

Tree again. Might be a bit more dangerous, but if I do it right and don't get spotted climbing it, it'll be a pain in the ass to spot me with the gillie suit on(check out videos of trained snipers in the proper gear, you'll swear they have a cloaking device!)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2013, 05:19:05 pm »

((Where did my whiskey and ammo go?!?))

No questions really. "Couldn't we just snipe her, if bullets work fine?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2013, 06:16:01 pm »

Name: Joe Cerrito
Equipment: Desert Eagle, 6 full clips for said Eagle, combat knife, tome of forbidden knowledge.AR-15, 3 clips AR-15, communicator.
HP: 10
Stats:
Int: 15
Str: 10
Agi: 5
Skills: Small arms (1), ???(3), Rifle (1)
Advantages: He has a tome of forbidden knowledge, might come in handy. Also never seems to give up no matter how F.U.B.A.R. a situation has become, though that crosses into disadvantage territory when the situation is can only get worse by continuing.
Disadvantages: He is pretty goddamn crazy.
Perks: Has the unnatural ability to always find a clip of ammo when he needs one, even where it should not be (check your potted plant. Ammo clip. Check your back pocket. Ammo clip. Check the inside of your computer. Ammo clip.).
Quirks: Carries a small tome of forbidden knowledge, losing track of the book leaves Joe incapable of doing anything but tearing everything apart to find the book. No one else is allowed to touch, read, or even have a clue what is in his book without later dying under suspicious circumstances.
Bio: Joe was an undergrad student at a local university when the first wave came. After looting a dead man's body of a shotgun, Joe was spotted by an Imp who was carrying a small tome. While Joe couldn't kill the Imp before it alerted others to his presence, he still managed to get away. Later, Joe felt a lump in his back pocket. The tome that the Imp carried had somehow gotten into his pocket. Against every part of him telling him to throw the book away, something seemingly forced him to read it. No one knows what he read, but Joe was discovered by the Foundation cutting off the hand of a demon who would not let go of the book even in death. Currently, the only information about the book that could be pried from Joe was "There is always more. No matter what, there is still the next page."

-------------------

You walk up behind the zombie grabbing at the alarm and stab him in the back of his head using your knife. After the first stab, he got stiff, the second stab made him limp, and the third stab made him fall to the floor. After that, you open the first door. It is locked, so you decide to wait until later, instead of risking making noise opening it. The second door is open, and you walk in. Two zombies with exposed organs scratch against a random point on the wall. The only other noticeable thing about the room is the bloody mattress, it looks like they where caught here. Both zombies, once you enter the room, stop beating at the wall and start heading toward the door. You get ready to attack them, but you start to hear a loud moaning sound over the alarms and your ear protection. Zombies had started to come out of the other doors to, with a zombie bursting down the locked door behind you. You back away after bashing the closet zombie in the head with your rifle butt, sending it sprawling back a bit. The zombie from the locked room begins to devour the corpse you killed, horribly ripping it apart starting with the head. You guess that killing the zombie made it smell like a normal corpse, and thus attracts zombies. The zombies also seem to notice you now, with several zombies now surrounding you.

What do you do?

----------------------

----------------------

You climb up the tree and put your suit on. You have a good view of the clearing from here and get the scope out. "In position" you say over the communicator. "Roger roger" Katy says, "I can hardly see you. Nice work" she continues. The next half hour is rather plain, just sitting and waiting. The suit starts to get heating up a bit, but other then that nothing happens. Then Katy comes over the communicator "Your 1'oclock" she says quietly." You look thru the scope at the position identified, seeing two tallish figures with long, brownish blonde hair. You take aim carefully, holding your breath. You fire a shot, and a second later the Fea you had targeted then looks directly at you. A small amused smile comes over his face, and you see the bullet somehow slow down and stop, spinning away to the side. A second later, you hear a WHOOOSH as air goes above your head, tearing off a branch above you. Katy starts to shoot as well, aiming for the other one. Three rounds fire from her gun, but a thick stone intercepts them before they can reach the Fea. The Fea you had shot at smile widens as it stairs at you, as you see thru your scope. You go to fire again, but the Fea snaps, and suddenly the branch you are on shudders into life, with one of tree limbs picking you up by the foot, making you go upside down. You manage to hold on to your gun, but your gillie suit flies off. Katy below continues firing, using a tree as cover and firing carefully from behind it. A burst of air, much like the one used on you, throws her bullets to the side as well, and managed to throw the m16 from her hand.

The tree you are captured by throws you in an ark, only to be caught by another tree closer to the Fea. Miraculously, you appear to have not broken your leg or dropped your gun. The one you had shot jumped up to a tree next to you, crouching down and poking your stomach. "Ah look, isn't it precious!" the Fea said, mockingly. "It thinks it can sneak up on us! Almost did to, then it made a lot of noise and tried to throw something at us. Can I keep it?" "Having a pet is a big responsibility, and the Boss only lets us keep the best ones as pets. Do you really think he is worthy?" "Comon. He ALMOST got us. Maybe we could let him go, then see if he can fight harder? You know, a little hide and seek..." "For the last time NO. You can play with him all you want, but we CAN'T keep him."

After the second Fea said that, the smile on the Fea closest to you became even more twisted. The tree branches around grabbed at you, holding both legs into position. "Well looks like I can't keep you. But we can play..." he continues, as a mass of air builds in his hand, like some kind of knife made out of air.

Well looks like you are in a difficult position. What do you do?

-------------

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (2), Contacts, Glock, Glock magazine (3) Glasses case:glasses
Stats:

((Where did my whiskey and ammo go?!?))

It was stolen by kobolds while you where not looking. Don't worry, I found them and put them back.

-------------------------------

"Well potentially. It is hard to hit magical targets..." Goldman starts. "And according to Scout's current reports, she has taken refuge in her magical walking house. Flaming skulls surround it, and the skulls appear to have some kind of defensive power." he continues. "We will have to fight off the house to even be able to get to her. We will go, and I will make the plan once we have full intelligence."

You then all go back into the jetcopter and to thru the same setup that always follows your traveling. Normal, converting, ride for a few hours, then converting back. When you start back, you are over a frozen area with a few trees dotting the landscape.

"So here is the plan." Goldman said. "Charlie and I will go in the helicopter, and we will try to take it down if we can. The twins and Patricia will go in on the ground, to try and infiltrate the house if we are unsuccessful. Our fire will then provide a distraction. The house only has one entrance, and it is several feet high, so you might want to use a tree or something to be able to get in. If possible, try to stick to a healing roll Patricia, no offense to you of course but the twins have more experience fighting magic creatures then you do. Any questions?"

Any question?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2013, 07:19:49 pm »

how are my hands positioned? Would I be able to reach for my 1911 without attracting notice? (even if they block the shots again, It'll still distract him long enough for me to maybe escape and pull my combat knife, since it seems bullets might be useless here)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2013, 07:45:23 pm »

Nope.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2013, 08:33:29 pm »

------------------

Your hands are above your head. You could go for your gun, but the Fea would notice. You try to remember the weakness of the Fea, to see if you had anything on you that could help. Iron and steel, which doesn't help much unless you can hit him. Learning his true name, which doesn't help unless he yells it out. Church bells, which are miles away...Music? Well you could sing, or try to have the communicator play music, but that might not work. You could also try to shoot him, but without a better advantage you won't do much damage. What do you do?

--------------

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (2), Contacts, Glock, Glock magazine (3) Glasses case:glasses
Stats:
---------------

Goldman extends a later from the now-open door, and the twins exit one after another. You follow, quickly coming to the ground. The twins both ready their weapons, and you pull out your gun as well. "We will keep in radio contact to give direction" Goldman said over the radio. "Wait until we find out if we can take this thing from the air." You talk to the twins while you wait, but they are tense while waiting to fight. You hear gunfire, what sounds like explosions, and a few minutes later Goldman radios back. "We are not going to be able to take this thing from the air. The skulls keep intercepting our bullets. Don't look in their eyes, Scout tells me a traveler did and they turned into ashes or something."

"Right. Lets get going then" said one of the twins. Goldman came over the communicator again "We will lure her around your position, try to get somewhere you can get on it." You look around for such a position. There is a few trees, but they look like they would be difficult to climb and then difficult to be able to jump off of. "We have our own plan..." the male twin says, "But it only gets one of us in..." the other finishes. So, what do you do? You can go with the twin's plan, getting one of you in. This will probably work, but you will have to try to fight the witch yourself. You could instead suggest that you all climb trees, which might get more of you on but risks getting less, and worse, injury if you fail. You could also suggest something else.

What do you do?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2013, 09:32:06 pm »

Why not go with the twin's plan, getting one of THEM in, then have the remaining of us follow by jumping from the trees or whatever?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2013, 06:39:59 pm »

Stats:

------------------------

"Well..." the male twin started, making a dismissive hand motion, "Our plan isn't exactly...conventional. It requires something that, unfortunately, you can't do. We can try to jump on if you keep it distracted, but we can't get one of us on there." He finished.

What do you do?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2013, 06:56:27 pm »

I say they climb trees, while I stay down here. If they make it on and can keep it distracted, I can come help, if no one gets on, we can try again, and since I won't run the risk of being hurt, I can fix them up if they get injured. I'm not as good at fighting as they are.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2013, 07:49:06 pm »

....can jack even sing? Regardless, if I need music, then make some music SOMEHOW
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43