- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28184 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game
« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2013, 11:23:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The pipes are slowly dripping acid, though no more then you would expect from a leaking sink, each drop joining a pit forming under the cross. The silver cross itself had a faint outline of black from where the man had been tied to, which seems to be crawling all over the cross at an incredibly slow, yet noticeable, rate.

As for the room, it is completely and utterly solid. It appears that the room and hole where made in a similar manner, by digging a hole through solid concrete. Upon closer inspection, you notice almost the exact same rough texture on the walls of this room as the hole. It looks like they had simply poured concrete solid concrete on him, and he dug himself out. The concrete is at least fifteen feet thick in one direction, likely at the very least that in all directions.

At your question, his eyes sparkle with mad glee. "Why? What purpose!" He stated, laughing as if sanity had left him. "Do you know how we creatures are born? What malign force brings us into existence? I DON'T EITHER!" He states, going into a laughing fit. "One day, I find myself in this world. No family. No parents. All I have is my power, my immortality, and a desire to kill. I was created to do these things. I was created to amass power, to murder, to live forever. I have no more choice or free will in any of this then a mindless zombie. And these feelings intensified when I decided to consort with demons.

And do you know what, Alec? This fact makes me ecstatic! I was created for the purpose of of gathering power. Every drop of power I gain fills the soul I sold time and time again with unimaginable bliss! That is why I seek power! There is no petty goal, no meaningless mission! I exist to be powerful. I was created to be powerful. It is my goal and purpose."

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 01, 2014, 12:14:49 am »

[Imma ass, sorry for not posting sooner. My posting everywhere has kinda taken a nose dive lately.]

Alec frowned. "And what then? When you have the power. What next?" He's not sure what he's gonna used this bought time for, nothing's coming to his mind. There's some strange... Stuff on the cross, but he's not sure it's too helpful. There's not enough acid to be useful either. He never figured he could bring down the room either, government buildings were always a pain to take down, and the ex-deconstruction worker only figures that one built for such a secretive purpose is only worse.

An idea to deal with him kept popping up in his head though. If Ezekiel was here and they worked together, could they... While he's not entirely sure he wants to work with such a man, what other choice does he have? If he lets this man go, many, many people will die. It's a lesser of evils. And increasingly looking to be his best choice.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 01, 2014, 02:56:18 pm »

[Imma ass, sorry for not posting sooner. My posting everywhere has kinda taken a nose dive lately.]

I think this is the first time I really noticed. I had the last week off and nothing to do.

--------------------------

The man looks at you again, slightly exasperated. "There is no next, Alec. I will continue gathering power for the rest of my immortal existence." he states, with a sigh. "I thought you of all people would understand. You have been touched be necromancy as well, you should feel at least a little of my lust for power. Perhaps it is different for humans then it is for us 'Freaks'?" he continues, half looking at you and half looking at the distance.

"In any case, Alec, I am immortal. I can't tell if I am younger then you or not, but my patience is incredible. You can stall be for as long as you want and it will not effect me or my plans, even if you died of old age here." he continued, finally seeing your eyes dart around the room.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 02, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »

"Then it's time for something stupid." Something Alec is starting to consider a thing he rather excels at. Trying to throw himself into a sprint as quickly as possible, he tries to shove the man off his feet and onto the black spot on the silver cross and hold him there, hoping that the black gunk does something.

Better ways to handle this? The large man is pretty sure there are. Smarter options? Most likely. But he's decided that having Ezekiel and this guy together in one place with his allies near by is a recipe for disaster. Letting this guy go untouched is also another thing he wouldn't abide by. So it's time to improvise, as waiting isn't doing anything.

Don't fail me now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:08 am »

Your muscles tense as you sprint forward as fast as possible, ramming directly into the unresponsive man in front of you. Your massive weight is like a train compared to this man. Despite his appearances, his body still feels bony and fragile. He flies to the back of the cross in one motion, as your treelike limb pushes his neck against the cross. His very bones seem to snap under your hand, it feels like his head would pop off if you look at it wrong. You hold him against the cross, which still gleams silver even in the darkness.

Nevaeh ni Rehtaf ruo

A voice speaks out. It isn't the man's. In fact, is sounds like a chorus of voices, tiny and childlike, whispering in every direction around you.

Eman rouy eb Bewollah

The voices grow in number and intensity. The man's head you hold seems to go limp, twisting to the side. You find yourself unable to move.

Emoc modgnik rouy

A chill passes through the room. The light from before seems to have left, the cross no longer reflecting light. The only thing you can see now is the light in the limp face before you, two glowing red flames.

Enod eb lliw rouy

The body you hold to the cross begins to twist, not struggling against you but wildly. It is as if the corpse you hold is having a seizure. The childlike voices are now speaking almost normally, saying the twisted lines in almost song like voices.

Neveah ni si ti sa, Htrae no

The cross begins to glow again, this time in a dark purple light. The corruption is obvious on it, veins of dark purple run across, slowly pulsing.

, Daerb yliad ruo yad sith su Evig

The veins spread across the once shining silver. The other holy symbols are all connected by the pulsing vein, illuminating them in neon colors.

,Stbed rou su Evigrof dna

The voices become all encompassing as the holy symbols are illuminated. The chanting song sounds like something you would hear in a perverted choir, with the voices flawlessly moving over each syllable.

Srotbed rou Nevigrof evah osla ew sa

As the veins continue to pulse, the holy symbols are all vandalized. The crosses turn on their sides. Stars of David are crossed out with swastika. Snippets of text are reversed in meaning or lettering. The neon is removed, becoming the oppressing purple of the pulse, and joining in its beat.

Noitatpmet otni su deal dna

The man before you stops writhing. In fact, it feels as if he melts away before your grip. Even his eyes of fire vanish.
The world around you is gone. It feels as if your own body had vanished as well, the only thing you are sure exists anymore is your own mind.

Live morf su Reviled tub

The choir finishes its song, with force that feels like a hurricane on your mind. The world around you is darkness. You can not feel your mind. You feel detached, as if you had been forcibly removed from your body.

This is your second chance, Alec. I wont kill you. But I need you out of the way, for now.

The mans voice picks up again, just as intense as the choir had been. You feel even your mind fading....fading.... fading....

"Sir, wake up! Please wake up Mr. Rowe!" A voice speaks out. You slowly open your eyes. There is a young boy standing over you, looking directly into your face. He is shaking your body slightly, difficult for such a small body. He appears to be a young teenager, maybe fourteen years old. His short brown hair matches his brown eyes, which have a worried expression on his face.

Looking around, your vision slightly blurry, you see some people you recognize. Tommy and Helena where worriedly looking over you, standing nearby wordlessly. They where both wearing gym cloths. Above you, you see Erika, wearing the uniform of a school nurse. She is putting something on your forehead, but seems just as worried as everyone else.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 03, 2014, 02:20:46 am »

[I can't tell if that went worse or better than I expected really. I'm not sure that's a good thing.]

Alec blinks several times trying to clear them and focus himself at the same time. What happened?  Something about a... Cross? Purple... Something about voices... Oh. Oh right. That guy. That guy that he freed. That guy that he pinned to the black gunk on the cross hoping it would do something. How did he get...

"What happened...?"

The words came out groggily, not entirely of his own volition either, but then everything's still kinda... Off right now. The large man tried to sit up and take a look around to see where he was. Tommy, Helena, and Erika. Where are the others? Who's this kid?

"...Everyone alright?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:56 am »

"Im sorry! It is all my fault! I am so glad you are ok!" The boy states, with a revealed look on his face but tears welling up in his eyes.

"You tripped on a bat and hit your head. You should be fine, if you take some Tylenol. If that doesn't work, eat some chicken soup. You aren't heart to badly." Erika stated, stoically as she moved away from you. "I will be back at my office, try not to trip again." She continued, as she put some things into a bag and began walking away.

You push yourself off of the ground, running against dirt. Looking around, you appear to be on a baseball diamond, around home plate. The sun is shining, with a few pleasant clouds dotting the sky. While you where told you hit your head, you don't feel any pain. Looking around further, you see a group of worried children looking at you from the dugout.

"...Are you feeling ok, Mr. Rowe?" Tommy asks, offering his hand to help you up. "Looks like ya hurt your head." Helena states, offering you her hand. With their assistance, you manage to get to your feet. "You're the only one who fell, sir." Tommy states once you where fully on your feet.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 03, 2014, 03:22:18 am »

This is... Not right. Where's the bunker? Where's the cross? Where's... That guy?

"I'm alright; a fall won't hurt me." He gave the crying boy as comforting a smile as he could, hoping that might calm him down a bit.

The large man played along for now, not entirely sure what's going on. Is he dreaming? Is he hallucinating? Some kind of in-between? ...Is that even a thing, what would that be, like, sleepwalking but with a lucid dream?

Okay, take stock of the situation. Outside. People around me. Baseball field. People calling me by my last name. Maybe think I'm a coach. Erika showed a facial expression beyond neutral. Definitely not in a right mind.

Alec looked at himself, does he still have his equipment or was he dressed differently too? He tries to will himself awake, although he's not entirely sure how one does that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 03, 2014, 03:55:27 am »

The boy seems to be cheered up by your words, and wipes the tears from his eyes. "Ill put away my bat better next time, I am sorry sir..." he continues, his voice sounding much more in control of himself. He stands up, again wiping his face. When he looks back, he has a slight smile.

"Mr. Rowe! I heard you had a fall." State's Otonashi's voice behind you. You turn around to see him, wearing an expensive looking suit. "Are you all right? Do you need work leave to recover?"

"He is fine, Principle Soto. He just had a little spill." Tommy states, walking toward Otonashi next to Helena. "But...he says he wants us to take the rest of the day off. So he can rest, of course." Tommy continues in a low voice. Helena nods along.
Otonashi frowns. "Is that true, Charlie?" He states, looking at the boy who had been crying before.
The boy's face turned red, and he began stammering "Ye...yes its true!" in a completely unbelievable voice.
"Good. Then I guess when I ask Mr. Rowe himself, he will confirm this story?"
At that, all three began making babbling stories. "I meant that we think we should have class off for Alec's sake. I just misspoke due to stress!" Was what they had finally settled on, which Tommy stated boldly. Otonashi just waves them away.
"Anyway, I didn't come for Mr. Rowe, I came to deliver this phone to Charlie Darline. Your father is calling again." Otonashi stated, handing the kid a phone. "But it is a good opportunity for me to make sure Mr.Rowe is OK."

He then walks up to you, as the kids return to the dugout. "Well Alec, how are you feeling? Do you need a day off work? I hope you don't have amnesia again, I knew that was a problem when I hired you. If you need any information, just ask now. I don't want this to be brought up in front of the kids..."

----------------------
....I'm sorry for writing this at 2 in the morning. I think New Years ruined my sleep schedule.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[I'm right with you there man. My sleep schedule is in ruins.]

"May have... Slight... Amnesia. Erm... Basics?" Alec continued to play along.

But minute by minute his spine slowly started to tingle as worry crept into him, and his want to play along started dying with it.

What about his team? The killer tortured-human-soul filled monstrosities? David and Erika were waiting in the way of That Guy's freedom! What if they try to stop him? What if he kills them? He could kill them, or something equally terrible, and all of that would be because Alec was stupid enough to get tricked again.

I need to wake up! Come on, wake up! Rise and shine, smell the coffee and bacon! Come on you lazy no good bastard, do something of use with yourself for once and help!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:39:07 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Otonashi nods, and turns around. A large, false smile crosses his face as he claps his hands together. "Well children, it looks like Mr.Rowe wants to use this as an excuse just as much as you do. Class is dismissed, the rest of the period is free." He stated, as a wave of excitement went through the dugout. With in minutes, you where alone with Otonashi.

Otonashi motions for you to sit down on the dugout, and does the same. "Ill try to keep it brief." He states, leaning back on the bench.

"In short, we where both soldiers, in the same squad. We became friends, and ended up being deployed in heavy fighting. A rocket powered grenade went off above you and a fragment ended up in your head. You lived, and the doctors patched you up so well nobody would be able to tell, your hair covers up the scars anyway. But that grenade gave you amnesia and fainting spells. The rest gave you a bit of PTSD, which mostly takes the form of weird dreams. You couldn't hold your job anymore, it is too dangerous to have a fainting man work demolitions. Fortunately, I got out of the military the same time you got out of the hospital. I caught up with you and vowed to help. In short, I used my connections to get us both a job here at Eden private school." he states, clearly and directly to you.

"I had gone in the military myself to earn my teaching degree, so that part wasn't to difficult. You, however, where different. Fortunately the super attendant was a military man himself, and his own son was in a similar position once, so he helped me smuggle you in." he continued, after looking around to make sure nobody was listening.

"We both know you couldn't teach, and that you aren't exactly a bastion of knowlage. But you are transparent and good with kids. We set you up as a gym teacher. We never expected you to actually teach gym, that is simply not the point of your job. You see, Alec, Eden is a highly rated boarding school with a rigorous and difficult curriculum. We have never produced any worthy athletes and are not payed to. Your job, Alec, is to give these children a semblance of childhood. You generally have them play sports for fun, in the disguise of exercise. Help them become children, if only for the duration of your class." He said, before an alarm went off from inside Oto's Jacket.

"Ah, I have work to do. If you have further problems, go to the nurse's office. Most of them know about your problem and can help." He states, getting up and walking out of the dugout. "One more thing...." he states, turning around at the doorway.

"Don't try to leave Eden. Under any circumstances." he states gravely, before walking off in a rush.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alec numbly watched Oto walk off, not sure what is going on anymore. This is a dream... Right? The large man sat on a bench in the dugout, looking at the ground with a blank face. Looking around to see if anyone was watching, the large man gingerly felt around his head to see if he can feel the scars.

This can't be real. Just moments ago he tackled That Guy into the silver cross, to little effect. Perhaps he should of just used his sledge on the guys face, those gems looked like weak spots. But no time to dance around the past with should of's and what if's.

The large man pinched his arm to see if he felt anything, and tried to get a look at what he was wearing. Probably not his old gear. Old? No, his gear. His current gear. What is going on? Is this Ezekiel's doing? That Guy's? The Christianity references are there, Eden and so such. But what would be the lich's point in keeping him here? Has to be That Guy's. ...Maybe.

Alec sighed and rubbed a thumb between his eyes. This kind of thinking always gave him an ache.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Looking around the baseball field and around the dugout, everyone appears to have left. Behind the dugout you see the outline of a building through a thick garden of trees. You raise your hand up to your head and feel around for a scar. You find it with some difficulty, though that is mostly due to the fact no hair grows over it. It is a long, thin scar to the right of your head, hidden by your hair. It feels smooth, and healed over. It isn't even half as thick as your admittedly large finger.

You look down at your cloths, looking them over gravely. You are wearing gym cloths much like the childrens'. Your shirt is a large, even on you, T-shirt that fits loosely around your bulk. It looks like it was made to fit a large refrigerator. Caught in the shirt was a bright silver whistle around your neck, showing a distorted reflection that is no doubt your own face. You where wearing loose shorts as well, made of similar material to the shirt and going just past your knees.

A slight pinch is all that you feel from pinching yourself. Everything around you feels terribly real.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[I just realized I've been getting Erika and Rikki mixed up. I blame the "k's." You probably noticed earlier.]

Sufficient to say, Alec is a little distraught. He thought this was all a dream, or fake, but it's proven to be quite the opposite. Sorta. Maybe? If there's one thing he needs more than ever right now, it's something to calm his spiking nerves. The large man checks his person for a lighter or cigarette, along with any time keeper to see what time it is.

He's a teacher now, somehow. This is utterly the last thing he'd ever suspect himself to be, honestly. Then again, he never suspected he'd be in a military group either earlier in life. Some things still didn't sit right though. Why are Tommy and Helena at school? And Erika being a nurse? Granted, he doesn't know much about Erika, but from what he could glean she seemed to be the cream of the crop Archangel wise.

Then there's that cryptic warning Oto gave him. He admits he has half a mind to try to leave right now, maybe it would jar him awake or... Or something. Alec's not entirely sure anymore. Schools usually end at... What, three or something? Around there? Maybe he can try to leave Eden after. If nothing happens he guesses... Well, he isn't sure. The large man isn't sure what to do if something does happen either.

The large man sighed. He really hoped he had some cigarettes and a lighter on him.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

[I just realized I've been getting Erika and Rikki mixed up. I blame the "k's." You probably noticed earlier.]

I noticed, but it doesn't really matter. I just need a random "Nurse" character and decided Erika could get some more screen time. I could have even used Patricia and it wouldn't make a difference.

------------------------------

You check over yourself for a lighter and cigarets, finding nothing. Your still in gym cloths, it is possible you might find some in another outfit, though you find yourself doubting it. Maybe you have some hidden away, it is probable that a teacher would not have smokes publicly at school.

As you are checking yourself, a high pitched voice breaks the silence. "Ahh....Mr.Rowe, are you really OK?" asks the young boy called Charlie, standing at the door of the dugout, half hiding. "I know you said you where fine, but...I had a guilty feeling and wanted to make sure....You have been staying in that dugout for a while, I was starting to get worried...." he states, looking away from you.

"Mr.Rowe, I am here to escort you back to your room." Erika's voice picks up behind Charlie. At the sound of the voice, he jumps a bit, startled. "If you have any further questions, just ask me." She continues, pointing her thumb at herself. "While we are walking, no need to waste time." she continues, tapping her foot and bidding you to hurry.

What do you do now?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43