- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28182 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2013, 09:24:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After your preparations, you head off down the tunnel, trying to keep your footsteps from echoing down to no avail. The hallway continues to look similar before, though you notice one major detail about this new place: There where no lights. You could see just fine, there was plenty of light. But unlike before when the lights had been shot out, down here they simple had not been added. The ceiling of the cave like building was as bare as the floor.

You continue down the hallway for several minutes. You notice it has a slight slope going downward, though it is getting steeper as you move along. John's voice joins your footsteps in filling up the hallway, "Alright, now Alec, please turn to channel 5. There, I will direct you to a secure channel. I think the scientist responsible has hacked our communications, so please be fast! Your mission is of the utmost importance!" You comply, seeing no reason not to, before continuing down the bare hallway for several more minutes. The slope started to increase to absurd levels now, you are now walking down something like a wheel chair ramp, made for tanks. While the tunnel is not dark, there is a large bright patch ahead of you, illuminating the tunnel ahead of you as bright as day. Your eyes take a second to adjust, before you see what is causing the light. There is a solid cement wall ahead of you. A dead end. Inscribed on this wall is some strange graffiti, like the kind you had encountered in your brief stay in the hospital. Crosses, stars of David, brief prayers in several languages are things you recognize, once again many obscure and strange symbols adorn the walls. Each was painted on with a luminescent paint, causing the words and symbols go glow stronger then a light bulb, like strange neon lights.

"Alright Alec. We are on a secure channel. I apologize for the brief deception, but in case you haven't noticed, this is a sensitive mission that requires a thousand lies." Johns voice picked up once again. "You see, beyond this barrier is where we keep the Freak prisoners. The ones who...well, who's corpses you have seen, are mostly human. They may have been part of a cult, a weak magic user, or traitor Archangel turned murderer, but for the most part they are human. Beyond this seal lies where we keep the true Freak prisoners. This could be anything from innocent people bitten by a vampire, to someone who has had their mind clouded by succubi, to magic users who have no control over their powers. Most of them are relatively good, though there are a few who deserve to be locked up, many are simply there to protect them and others from themselves. We managed to capture them alive, either them going along willingly, or being captured without being killed. We are also able to study them in a controlled environment, of course. But for various reasons, this is not allowed by Archangel. You see, the Archangel's policy on Freaks is "If they can't be used, destroy them. If they are dangerous, burn their ashes just to make sure". The fact that the US government is sponsoring and equipping this facility means I can work without Archangel watching to close. Now getting to the point, you have shown interest in saving the prisoners, correct? That is your mission now. You will free them, and tell them to retreat into the water around the base. That way, when the base is destroyed they will be alive, I can pick them up later, and can say "Everything in the base is dead" under magical lie detectors. I, of course, chose you for this mission as you have shown interest in saving lives.

Sorry for dropping all that on you, Alec, but I found it kind of therapeutic to drop all this on someone else. Now, back to the mission. Wipe away the symbols, at least a few of them. Make sure you destroy enough that you are able to get through, a hole will appear once you have finished. Go through this hole and free the first Freak on the other side. His binds may look frightening, but they are simply to limit his power. He is a powerful wizard who can not quite control his full powers, so he came to me begging for me to kill him. I came up with a better solution. Perhaps you have seen some of his work, he says he is trying his best to help you move through the tunnels unhindered. Once you free him, a second porthole will appear, and so on and so forth."

What do you do now?

-----------

In case you have not been able to tell, I have a lot of free time this weakened.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 24, 2013, 06:13:36 pm »

[Man, sorry for the wait.]

Alec was silent as he listened to John over the comm. Even afterwards he was silent, thinking. The large man is aware he's not the best judge of character, it seems. He smiles, a hidden gesture but was conveyed in his voice. "Only reason I joined was to help. Thank you."

Alec looked closely at the wall of marks and symbols, recalling what the man had told him. He tried wiping away the marks by hand, although he didn't figure that would work very well, and then tries to scratch them off. If neither works, he'll shrug and attempt to burn it off with his lighter. If even that fails, he'll sigh and contemplate for a moment.

If there's one thing he knows, only one thing, it's breaking things. With a grunt and a heft of his hammer, he'll send that head of metal into one of the symbols, should all of his other tactics fail.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 24, 2013, 08:12:51 pm »

[Man, sorry for the wait.]

Not like I could have responded even if you had posted earlier.

--------------------------

Your words went unnoticed, it looks like for the time being John has gone to another channel. Maybe he is giving orders to another group? In any case, you prepare yourself to do whatever it takes to remove the symbols. You rub your hands across the rough concrete, trying your best to remove the symbols without injuring your own hand. The first, a small circle with stylistic runes inside of it, smudges but does not go away completely. However, almost as soon as you touch it, the rune stopped giving off light, transforming into a chalk-like substance. Is this enough? It doesn't look like it has power any more...

You decide that it is probably satisfactory, and set to removing the rest of the symbols the best you can with your bear hands. Both hands feel raw after you continue to wipe away several of the other symbols, but it seems to go well enough. You stand still for several seconds, observing the now dark wall with smudges on it. Did you do enough? Should you call John? Should you bring out your hammer just in case?

This turns out not to be necessary. As you observe your work, there is a flash of brilliant scarlet light. Even though your eyes are already adjusted to the bright symbols, you find yourself blocking the light with your own hands. You squint toward the wall, seeing the symbols you had removed transform into a red circle filled with ornate runes, glowing as the symbols had. It is even larger then yourself. The symbol begins spilling, each turn silently removing several inches of concrete, like a huge drill. As it spins faster and faster, the light grows more brilliantly, and more concrete is removed. With in a minute, there was a tunnel in the wall. You look down it, your eyes once again adjusting to darkness. There must be at least fifteen feet of solid concrete between you and your destination, before it somehow was removed. While the tunnel is dark, there is a silvery light at the end of it, showing the harsh sides of the concrete. You make your way through the tunnel as easily as you would make it through a normal hallway.

You finally get out of the tunnel, leading you to another bright room. The wall opposite of you is a smooth concrete, with a silver band in the middle, several feet tall. It appears to be made of pure silver, shining as brilliantly as the moon. More symbols are carved into this band, though you still recognized few of them. Security cameras are planted across the room, all pointing at the object that has your full attention.

In the middle of the silver bands, in the middle of the room, there is a man. Or what was once a man. There is a cross as well, encased in silver and glowing but not engraved. The man is on the cross, also encased in silver. The body is skeletal, it looks more like someone had crucified a skeleton then dipped him in silver. Several silver spikes, carved with runes, jutted out from the skeletal body at random locations. On either side of the silver skull was a silver pipe, about as big as your fist, leading into the body.

"Very good Alec, I see you are in the first room." John's voice comes over the communicator. "Now you just have to free him. The wall acts as a power limiter, all you have to do is put a hole in it and he should be able to get out himself. Just hit him with your hammer or shoot a hole in it. Don't worry about harming him, you would need special runes on your weapon. Now, please free him...."

What do you do now?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 24, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »

...Double post.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 01, 2013, 03:41:02 am »

Well, guess that sounds easy enough, Alec figured. He gave the room another glance over, taking it in for a second time. Lot of precautions, but then when dealing with these things it is well to err on the side of such. It didn't matter though, the man was happy that perhaps he could finally do some good!

The large man hefted out his sledge and walked towards the banded wall, looking at the crucified man. Or skeleton, rather. What in the world happened to him, and how was this preferable to being killed? Alec raised his hammer in the air, reading his swing, but hesitated visibly.

Is this another trick? Ezekiel had to have been targeting this base for a reason, is this it? Another for his team? The comms have been acting up, and by acting up meaning having been terribly tampered with. His other teammates heard the comms though, every other time they hadn't. Who even was that voice?

'Perhaps you have seen some of his work, he says he is trying his best to help you move through the tunnels unhindered.'

The hammer lowered slightly, the man thinking. What else could it be that was magical that was helping him? He can see in the dark, yet there are no light sources, and the comms are being magically tampered with. If the voice was this wizard, then the wizard knows of Ezekiel, his connection to him, and has been covering for him about said connection.

Alec looked at the skeleton again. What in the world happened to him? Who is this really helping? Who's really been helping him? How can he actually verify this? If he walks away, he could be condemning an innocent man to death. If he frees this man though, he could be helping Ezekiel, the man who put people in agony of undeath. If he walks away and he's wrong, he's condemned possible innocents to death by his actions. If he gets him out and he's wrong, he's condemned possible innocents to death by his actions.

The large man's mind seized up, and he slowly lowered his hammer. "How is he alive? Nothing but bones." Alec examined the encasing closer.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 01, 2013, 01:56:50 pm »

"Well...You see Alec, it is a three stage containment system." John's voice cracks over the communicator again, "Stage one, distance. Stage two, magical warding. Stage three, power limiting." You walk even closer to the skeletal figure on the cross,examining it. "His power works on a strange perversion of the conservation of energy..." If anything it looks even more skeletal up close. It looks like someone had just crafted the silver to the shape of a human skeleton. "I call it the "Wizard Needs Food Badly" principle....". You put out your large hand, touching the skull like face. "His body is able to transform adenosine triphosphates directly into magical energy...." The skull feels wet, smooth, and cold, like a glass of ice water. "As such, to 'power limit', we were forced to remove the majority of ATP..." You look closely at the face. "As muscle mass and body fat can be converted to ATP...." It looked exactly like a skull, the mouth gaping open with a full set of teeth, but the eyes.... "As such, as a power limiting measure, we were forced to surgically remove all muscles and fat..." It was hard to tell the difference, even when you closely examining it, but the eyes where not just empty sockets. You could see the outline of something in the eyes. They seemed to be glowing a dull red, even through the silver coating.... "The encasing is not only a power limiter, but a life support system." You look more closely at the tubes leading into his head. There was several, each made out of (or at least coated with) silver, each of a different size. "Once you break him out, he should be able to reform, if I increase the output of nutrients to his IV. Now please, Alec, hurry. Power has been cut, as you know, shutting down many of the other life support systems and cages. Lives are on the line and time is of the essence."

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 01, 2013, 02:56:10 pm »

Alec isn't sure what someone could do to warrant such horrible treatment. This man is alive, conscious if he was helping him. Even if this man was working for Ezekiel, does he really deserve this? To be flayed almost to the bone in all but skin, to be encased in silver? There's a difference between containment and warcrime! ...But this is the only way to contain someone like this, he supposes.

The large man grumbled to himself and hefted the hammer once more. He remembers on the long boat ride imagining all the people he'd help, lives he'd save, and the good he'd do in this world. As he sent the sledge's head at the power-limiting wall, he missed his prior delusion to joining up that things were going to be black and white, and not requiring nearly this much thought.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:01:09 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 01, 2013, 04:35:42 pm »

You took a deep breath, readied your hammer, and crashed it into the glowing silver. A sound rings out, not unlike a church bell. A small dent forms. The lights dull, but do not go out. You swing a second time. A second bell rings. Cracks start to form. The lights are almost out. You put all your might into the next swing. The bell rings once again. The cracks begin to spread as the lights go out. The cracks move along the wall like a snake, slowly crumbling the once brilliant silver, but skip over the man in the middle. The wall is completely consumed by cracks.

The man in the middle is all that is left, still hanging to the cross. Small cracks begin to form in the silver all across his body, like an eggshell breaking. A large fissure appears across his skull, leaking some kind of green liquid. The liquid bubbles up in other locations. Several larger holes form, spitting out the green liquid in a pressurized stream, like a fountain. These streams land on the floor, causing smoke to fill the small cave as new holes form. The silver continues to break off, revealing bleached white bone beneath it, as well as giving off waves of acid. Soon, there is an exposed, crucified skeleton on the silver cross.You can now see the skull clearly. Glowing gems, huge rubies, had been stuffed into his eye sockets. His teeth where also gems, though they are much smaller. Pearls, sapphires....they remind you of the soul gems.  The skeleton falls forward, landing in a strange position, making it appear to be bowing.

After a few seconds in that position, something even stranger happened. The skeleton began to regenerate its flesh. Blood red muscle, yellow and white fat, white sinew...every body part lacking before begins to form. It looks...bizarre, to say the least. It is like someone is trying to reform his flesh by tying steaks to his bones. His other organs begin to reform as well, bulging out of the flesh like tumors before finding their place in his chest. This display goes on for nearly a minute, every second the figure in front of you becoming more and more whole. Finally, a draping if skin is placed over the exposed, twisting flesh. As if part of his body as well, a long robe appears, which hides his newly formed flesh from view.

The man gets up from his bowing position. All hints of his skeletal origin, including the gems that made up his eyes and teeth, are gone. He now looks like a normal young man. He was relatively tall, a head shorter then you. He had short brown hair and blue eyes. Though his body was cloaked in an archaic robe, he seemed relatively thin.

"Thank you for saving me, Alec." John's voice said. It was coming from the man, who was smiling broadly, revealing sparkling white teeth. He then laughed, a somewhat high-pitched mocking laugh. "You remind me of someone in my story. Fortunately, I didn't have to ask for twelve buckets of water this time. I am already more powerful then the fictional version of myself..." he states, in a voice just a little to high to come fro his body, as he stretches out his newly formed muscles. "Well, I guess I owe you one, don't I?" He stated again, putting his hands behind his back and stretching again. "I will help you through the rest of the facility. There isn't to much further to go anyway, and it will be a good start at my revenge on Ezekiel..." he stated, as he began walking out the entrance, hands still behind his head.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 06, 2013, 05:53:43 pm »

[Bleh, I hate making you wait on me. I'll try to be better at putting actions here.]

Alec openly stared at the strange man who just turned from a bejeweled corpse to a flesh-and-blood someone. The large man snapped out of it once he started moving on, the man hurrying to catch up. He wasn't sure as to whether be relieved at his ending statement, or wondering if he should be relieved, and in the end decided on the fair middle ground of being a mixture of shocked and confused.

He pondered if the man poked fun at him, but really he's far beyond having those kind of things bother him. Trancing so you can help fight screaming robots covered in flesh tends to do that. Alec probably should ask NotJohn what his real name is, along with what next. There's still others to save, and now he's feeling much more confident about said saving. "Take it your name isn't John too?" An attempt at humor, but the large man realizes he isn't exactly good at being funny. "The others now?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2013, 07:16:26 pm »

The man turned around, looked at you, and laughed. You do feel it wasn't at your joke. "Ah, you still believe me?" he stated, smiling enough to reveal his teeth. "Ah, I guess I should probably start telling the truth, now that there is nothing you can do to stop me." he leaned against the rough concrete wall casually. "Alec, there is no one else. Never was. I can't believe you bought that lie! I am behind fifteen feet of concrete, two holy wards, and nailed to a cross filled with acid. I was starting to think you saw through me, and was about to close the tunnel and force you to break me out, but it turned out not to be necessary."

He then put his hands behind his head once again, while leaning against the wall. "I suppose I should tell you about myself. Only fair, after all. I am not going to say to much, considering you are sharing an unprotected mind link with Ezekiel. I am blocking him right now of course, but you are still going to have traces of me in your memories. I think the best way to start would be by telling you the most important thing about myself."

His eyes then sparkled, as his mouth twists into an ecstatic smile, "I can not die. I will never die. It is impossible to kill me." he stated, obviously proud of the fact. "Any magic I have is second to that fact. Any power anyone has can not measure up to mine, immortality. Stronger men, faster men, smarter men....In the end, I can live past them all. But, not content with that, I decided to grow my power. Once I found myself existing on this planet, I went around the world looking for more power. It seems I am here at a fortunate time, the world seems to be overflowing with powerful artifacts. However, as you may know, Archangel also looks for these items. Once I had finally found an artifact worthy of my use, there was a squad of Archangel operators at the scene. I tried to kill them all, but was overpowered. They didn't seem to like know about my immortality, so I tried using surprise to my advantage, rising as soon as I saw one of them alone. I was about to attack him when he turned around and faced me, the artifact in his hand. 'I see you are a powerful necromancer. That knowlage would be quite interesting to have. Now sir, let us make a deal. Teach me, and I won't call the rest of my squad to destroy you.' I, of course, refused, preparing to kill him. However, he made an interesting offer. He promised to kill the rest of the squad and fake his own death, so nobody would know about my location. To that, I agreed. If he killed his own squad, I would only have to kill him. So I made a promise, that I would teach him all I know about necromancy if he would kill his squad. About a week later he blew up their helicopter or something, and showed up to my hide out. 'I am ready to learn, Master!' he stated with a smile...I was about to kill him, but couldn't. He already had some power, at least the power of magical contracts. So I brought this man with me on my quest for power."

As he tells his story, his smile slowly transforms into a frown. "As you may have guessed, that man is Ezekiel. We went on several little adventures together, learning more and becoming more powerful. It was on one particularly fruitless venture that I gained the full powers I have now. I was making circles in the dirt using a stick, berating myself for making this deal with a devil. Then, I had my eureka moment. My greatest power was immortality. I will never die. I can sell my soul over, and over, and over again. It will never be collected. I had a credit card for unlimited power this whole time, and had never realized it. So I figured out how to consort with demons, made hundreds of deals, and briefly became the most powerful man on the planet. Finally, I had the power I wanted, and would only continue to become more powerful..."

Now his face looked completely spiteful, his every word filled with hatred. "Then one day, I was eating breakfast. Ezekiel came up behind me, and finally said 'I thank you for all you have done for me, Master. The time I have spent as your student was the most enlightening time of my life.' Then, I was on the floor, surrounded by the blue circles and runes. 'I am sorry Master, but consorting with demons is an unforgivable sin. If our Father can not send you to hell for the time being, I will have to do the next best thing.' I was unable to move, with my power sealed and demons banished. I should have known not to trust a traitor. He also informed Archangel of my location. I was finally able to break the seal, but was unable to escape in time. I couldn't beat this squad without the demons. Ezekiel had apparently informed Archangel of who I was, and captured me. I think they built this whole prison just to keep me in. In any case, I was trapped, being burned forever by the holy wards and acid. I had slowly regained my power, waiting for a chance to strike. I had managed to summon another demon, a weak imp, who was completely useless if not for his ability to pass holy wards even great demons could not pass. I couldn't gain any power from him, but I could use him to project my powers. Finally, I received a chance to escape. My greatest enemy, Ezekiel, had given me a chance to escape!"

His face returns almost immediately to a smile. "So I used the imp to project my voice through the communicator. I weakened the enemy before you. I couldn't let anything stop you from getting to me. I did everything in my power to free myself. But I had to wait for an innumerable amount of time for you to get here. I didn't have anything better to do then think of lies. So that is what I did, for days on end. The imp spoke to me as well, giving me information that I wouldn't be able to know myself. I think I overreacted in the end though. The lies ended up being far to long. The best lies are brief, after all. And now, I have talked your ears off. Ah, I am sorry Alec, but I have been unable to talk to any human for so long, and I am so ecstatic that I am free!" He states, as he raises his hands in the air. "Now, I will escape. I will regain my power. No, I will grow my power to tenfold of what it once was. Then I will splatter Ezekiel's entrails across every continent." He then begins to laugh.

--------------
Waiting can be wonderful. Though I think I am starting to write way to much in a single post. It will probably take you a whole week just to read that wall of text....

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:54 pm »

[Nah, may take me a while to figure what to do though. Man, if this isn't the biggest fuck up Alec's done so far I got nothing. This is like Greek tragedy up in here.

Taking him on is probably a death sentence if the guy can just reform each time, letting him go would crush Alec because it doesn't sound much like he gives a hoot about killing people, and I doubt he'd just stop with Ezekiel. Welp.

Also, seems I was waaaay off with thinking he was Merlin. I'm not even sure why I thought that to begin with really.]

Alec moves in the way of the entrance, watching the man closely. His grip on his sledge was noticeably tighter. "After Ezekiel--then what?" He wasn't going to let the man pass until he was answered, even then perhaps. People who gain power have a point to do so, and he doubts this man has an honest point.

EDIT:
[Still brainstorming. Loki? Green Knight? I got nothing as to who he is. And best I got in putting him away is turning into a werewolf and beating the tar out of him with the giant silver cross, based on some desperate assumption that silver contains him in some way, so maybe beating him with it might help.

I'm about ninety percent certain that won't do jack though.]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:50:17 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 07, 2013, 12:23:03 am »

Nope, keep guessing. It is pretty obscure. I can give you a picture from the story it is from if you think it would help:

Though that probably didn't help much.
------------------
"Then what?" He repeated after you, a thoughtful look overtaking his face. "Hmmm. After killing Ezekiel, I think I will revive my steed." He stated, nodding. "Can't go anywhere without my steed. Then I will become the most powerful being in the world again..." he then is lost in thought, blankly starring toward the wall. "Then....I think I will take down Archangel." He states casually. "It is annoying to have to hide everywhere I go. Besides, I am still a little pissed about being dipped in acid and buried. Ill just kill everyone involved. Except you and your friends, of course, to show my thanks." He continued, looking at you now. "Why do you ask? Don't tell me you want to be my apprentice now. I like you Alec, but I am just not the teacher type...."

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 12, 2013, 10:13:02 pm »

[Well, actually, I know the dark arts of reverse google imaging. Knowing who he is helps little though beyond telling me how bad this blunder was, haha. The personal text is appropriate here, I think.

So...
Chances of being excommunicated from Archangel? I'd say about a good... Seventy percent chance? The thirty is mostly in a 'secret base, can't tell anyone ever, but we hate you forever now' kind of way.]

Alec shook his head, keeping a stern face. Most definitely not the answer the large man wanted to hear, the opposite really. If Archangel falls, who will protect humanity from people like him--whoever he is. Damn, times like this he almost wished he paid more attention to, well, almost anything in class dealing with mythology. Which was admittedly very little.

His knuckles whitened by their grasp on the sledge, the man quelling his hands from shaking. This is most likely the biggest fuck up he's done so far, which is saying something sadly. Gotta make it right, somehow. "All of Archangel isn't to blame." The man stated clearly, bringing himself up to his full height as he barred the way. "No innocents shall die."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2013, 06:39:14 pm »

Well, actually, I know the dark arts of reverse google imaging. Knowing who he is helps little though beyond telling me how bad this blunder was, haha. The personal text is appropriate here, I think.

....That is cheating. Cheating is a sin. The wages of sin is death. Please report to the nearest termination booth.
So...
Chances of being excommunicated from Archangel? I'd say about a good... Seventy percent chance? The thirty is mostly in a 'secret base, can't tell anyone ever, but we hate you forever now' kind of way.

We will have to see how you handle things. You still have to make it out alive first.

-------------------------------

The man looks at you, face full of...dull surprise. "Come now, Alec." He stated, calmly, without moving from his position. "I will forgive you for going against me this time, but you must know you can't beat me. You might be able to knock me down a thousand times, maybe ten thousand times, maybe even a million times. But you will still not win this battle. If I slip past you even once, I win. You get tired, hungry, and exhausted. I don't. I can wait here until you die of old age and it will make no difference to my plans."

At this point, he stands up to his full height, puts his hands behind his back in a manner similar to Otonashi, and began slowly pacing toward the middle of the room. "Of course, you might be able to seal me if you had one of your friends help. But I control your communications. I could even send them all away, saying you died. You could try to go and find them yourself, but the second you stop blocking me, I will be free to escape. I control who you call, and there is only one person I will allow you to summon. As you see, Alec, I hold all the cards."

He walks this way, to the center of the room, and turns toward you, looking directly into your eyes. You notice something...off about his eyes. It isn't something physical, but looking into them sends a tingling sensation down your spine. "Which is why you will do exactly as I say. I will make brief preparations to restore my power. Then, I will allow you to use the items Ezekiel has bestowed on you. This should bring his attention here enough for you to call him."

His face twisted into a grimace as he delivered the next words. "So unless you can think of something extreme, you only have two choices that both play into my hand. You can let me leave, or you can let me fight my enemy. Which will it be?"

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 13, 2013, 10:40:06 pm »

[Hehe, well, at least you learned a nifty trick Google can do, and not to trust me with another image. The knowledge doesn't help much here though, nor does Alec know a lick of any of it. Can a faulty suicide booth count?

Also very true, and the chance for that is utterly unknown. This is a tough situation and I honestly don't know how it'll go, much less what I'll do.]

Alec's face grew grave as the man explained to him how bad this situation is, mentally wincing when he learned that he didn't actually have the benefit of surprise with Ezekiel's items. His heart and body sang out to him to hit the man with his sledge, his body tensing in anticipation for the hopeful act, but his mind was screeching to just let him go and fight another day.

If he lets him leave, the man will disappear and the repercussions would be... If he lets Ezekiel and him duke it out here though, maybe... What if he could trap him in here... Thoughts swirled in the man's head, each vying for attention.

He quickly tried to survey his situation. Are the pipes still spilling acid? What's the state of the silver cross? Does any portion of the ceiling, either in the room or in the hallway leading to the room, look particularly collapsible or show obvious load-bearing qualities?

"Humor me. Why hunt for power? What's the purpose, goal?" A ploy for time, but it's the best he can come up with.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43