- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28186 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #570 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You quickly retrace your steps, attempting to find the place you had left the party. You find the door, and the signs that your comrades had been here. The lab was a battleground. Some of the SWORDS-type robots littered the floor, destroyed, with mutilated corpses piling themselves across the floor. The cement walls are painted with bullet holes and dried blood, and the lights were flickering on and off. You manage to make it half way through this room, stepping carefully around the various desecrated corpses, when you figure out what this room used to be. It was once a kitchen. You can see what used to be a sink, still on, overfilled with bloody water, with a few dishes still in it. The only notable thing about this room is that several worker corpses mix with the orange clad convicts. A woman in a hairnet was set above the sink, it looks like she was attempting to get away from the crawling robots by getting to high ground. She was clutching several bullet wounds on her chest, a motionless corpse. Another was on the floor, trampled by the tracks of the robot. They don't seem to have been...tied to a robot, the corpses are still relatively intact. You make your way out of the room as quickly as you can.

A second door opens up to a larger room with several doors on the sides. It was more of a hallway then a room, with several security cameras above steel doors, the room was the size of a football field. It was the same kind of concrete as the rest of the building, but with steel reinforcement around the doors. Like the last room, robots and corpses litter the floor. Even more bullets and blood then the last time, the entire floor was covered in fallen convicts and machines. Most notably, there are two tanks in the middle of the room. There are several large holes blasted in the pure black tanks, but several bodies still decorate the corpse of the tanks. After tiptoeing over several dozen corpses, you get a better look at the tanks. You see the outline, caterpillar like treads above the boxlike bottom, with a slight dip leading to the saucer like turret. You notice the words "Black Knight UGV" on the side, with one of the strange severed heads above it. It has a machine gun a lot like your own, as well as a large cannon, at least 3cm across. Good thing these things are dead. You manage to get across and to the door your allies had gone through. You can tell its the right door thanks to the fact it was blown open, much like the tanks. You rush down the hallway, winding several times until you reach another door.

"Glad you could finally join us, Alec. We had plenty of trouble, thanks a lot for the help." David states as he sighs, "Are you ready this time?". Rikki and David prepared themselves on each side of the door, similar to the formation they had done before you had left them.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 03, 2013, 07:09:46 pm »

"Sorry." Alec tried to sound both sincere and serious, but wound up sounding more sheepish, like a child who had been caught by their parent somewhere they shouldn't have been. Trying to recompose himself, he took the center position crouched, with his machine gun at the ready. "Ready."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 05, 2013, 08:00:42 pm »

Your teammates nod in unison, as they prepare to go through the heavy door. Rikki switches her weapons, putting the large rifle on her back in exchange for the large grenade launcher. She wields it easily, pulling a ripcord in the back, causing the gun's engine to spring to life, giving off a lawnmower like hum muffled by your communicator. "Large amount of hostiles, be prepared." she said simply, as she turned away. She holds up the large grenade launcher in one hand like a pistol, plunging the other into the concrete wall, causing grey dust to fill the room. Her hand quickly exits, holding several colored wires. The heavy door begins to slowly grind open, allowing you to see a little of what lies beyond.

The second the door began its movement, screams once again filled the air, slowly getting louder as the door opened. High pitch screaming, low moaning, sobbing and laughter, angry shouts and pitiful screams. Hundreds of voices melting themselves into a painful wall of sound. The smell of blood and rotting flesh mixed the scent of other bodily orders, causing David to recoil slightly. Soon, the door was open enough for your squad to rush in, David heading in first with his gun raised. You quickly followed.

You find yourself in a prison, on a third floor. Barred jail cells lined the walls to your right and left, the entirety of the second floor, and the majority of the first. The only thing on your floor was a small rectangular walkway, made of steel, that allows entrance to the cells and the lower floors, but not much else. The middle was hallow, allowing you to see all the way to the first floor. But more importantly, there was bodies. And robots. Bodies and robots. The orange suits of the convicts could be found any place you look, some relatively undisturbed in the cells, most torn into pieces and decorating the robots. Even on the top floor, there was a dozen SWORDS robots, spinning around in circles, running into walls, or just standing in a corner. Each adorned with the head, the torso, the inner organs of someone who was once a man. The second floor contained a similar scene, with a few extra visitors. A larger robot, six wheels like you would expect to see on a military truck above a square, with a turret on top of that, and a camera on top of that. It kind of reminded you of a militarized mars rover. Most were standing still, most had barley enough room to turn around. Like the smaller robots, they were covered in human flesh. Unlike them, they seemed to have several bodies as a coat, almost covering them in flesh. The final floor was the worst, you couldn't see an inch of it that was not dyed blood red. The two other robots almost covered the floor, their tracts and wheels leaving marks across the floor of corpses. On top of that, you could see the large frames of three Black Knights, completely cloaked in human corpses.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 06, 2013, 04:19:37 pm »

"Shit..." Alec normally wasn't one to comment on situations, or things he's seen, but this was a bit too much to warrant nothing. The carnage laid out before himself wasn't one he would of wished to see, yet there it was. And there were the ones who caused it, yet also were the ones who were those victim to it... What kind of monster does this? To shove souls into stones, into machines, for the machines to murder more so as to make more of themselves. The smell was absolutely terrible, were he of weaker constitution it would of made him recoil yet instead only caused him to scrunch his face in disgust.

The man tried to instead focus on the enemies, the robots, as he followed his squad's lead in the assault. The sooner they were out of these rooms and the robots-with-trapped-human-souls put to rest, the better.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 11, 2013, 06:03:45 pm »

Rikki wastes no time with her assault. Without pause, she rushed up to the safety rails of the platform and lifted the gargantuan grenade launcher to her face, holding it like you hold your Pechneg. It only took an instant for her to go from rest to raining down grenades onto the floor below. David was just as swift, rushing to a busted open cell, were he took cover. He then proceeded to take aim at the robots at the top floor, carefully finding them with his scope before his gun releases triplet black tipped bullets toward his target.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 11, 2013, 06:55:23 pm »

Well, no reason to waste more time while the others are fighting. Rikki seems to have things well taken care of for the bottom floor, and David the upper floors. Alec will make sure nothing gets on their floor, nor stays on it. Alec does a quick count of every robot currently on their floor, then a count of every entrance from the top or bottom. He prioritizes taking down the robots on their floor first from appropriate cover is possible, then guarding the entrances from any further incursion.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 21, 2013, 05:14:40 pm »

You quickly count the robots on your floor. There appear to be seven of the SWORDS robots, a few firing off their guns at nothing and everything. There are only two entrances you can see to the room, two large doors on the bottom floor and the entrance you just came into. For the floors, there are four stairways on each, one in every corner going up to the top. The stairways looked incredibly sturdy, and are apparently strong enough for the smaller robots to cross without any difficulty. As for cover, there is a small, solid steel safety bar, solid enough to block visibility if not bullets. Otherwise the only decent cover is the cells, though it may be difficult to hit anything with your machine gun from a position you would be safe in.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game
« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »

Darn builders, wanting to provide easy access amongst the floors... Alec grumbled to himself as he moved to take up a defensible position, hopefully, with cover from the safety bar that puts most of the SWORDS robots on their floor in one direction and no allies in the way. Recalling what Tommy and personal experience has taught him, he tries to stabilize the Pecheneg as best as possible, take sight of some of the robots, and open fire to get rid of them. Best now before they finally get around to realizing they're there and head for them.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 23, 2013, 09:51:10 pm »

You swiftly move yourself to a position in the nearby corner, were you are able to see the majority of the machines on your floor without Rikki or David getting in your, way or vice versa. You move your massive frame and your giant gun into a stable position, resting your gun on the sturdy railing while steadying the rest with your big body. The position is a little uncomfortable, but you feel in control of your weapon. You look down your weapon's sights to the closest robot, ramming into the steel bars with a severed leg dangling on top, and take fire. Your gun struggles to escape as five bullets spray in the direction you ordered. The bullets land in a general line, two entering the concrete, three finding their mark in the monstrous machine. Ever bullet that hit left a large black hole and a puff of smoke were it landed, cutting apart the poor robot like butter.

You move your weapon to the second robot when the floor below you shudders slightly, as the sound of a large gun firing and metal scraping joins it. You look to your left and see three fist-sized holes punched through the structure. Looking down, you see the main gun of the black knight, smoke rising from it.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2013, 04:43:08 pm »

Oh that's not good. Alec moves to a different position, one hopefully more defensive against the black knight while trying to keep an eye on the SWORD robots. Damn, he's not sure if his weapon can really hurt that thing... But if he doesn't do anything, it will just keep firing at them. Times like this, he rather regrets not using explosives of any kind. Alec takes aim and tries to fire at the Black Knight, aiming for where he believed the crystal might be held. Anything that looks important on it, or failing that a part of it that might disable it.

If all attacks fail, he just tries to fall back to a spot where it can't adequately fire at him and continues to focus on the SWORD robots or anything more hostile/dangerous looking that might be on their floor.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 26, 2013, 10:42:29 pm »

You move to a different position, looking for a place to provide some protection against the Black Knight's cannon. Finding nothing that can block the main cannon, you settle for getting down into a kind of crawling position, called the high crawl, and getting to a different position. It doesn't look like that thing can aim very well, so maybe just moving will help? Your large body makes being stealthy difficult, but it helps you pull the gun along in your awkward position. You pop up and raise your gun into a steady position again in a different position, also noticing that it is closer to an open cell. You quickly raise your gun up, looking down the sights at anything that could be considered a weak point. What stares back at you is a tank. Were could you possibly find a weak point on a tank? Even the spiders would be like glass to the tank....Glass, that's it! You find a weak point, in the form of several small slits in the front of the machine, its mechanical eyes. A small target, but a weak point none the less. You open fire and the gun struggles once again, as the front of the Black Knight is assaulted by tiny puffs of smoke as you fire ten bullets none stop. The majority fall uselessly at the heavy front armor of the tank or the concrete below it, but one lucky bullet hit one of the circular eyes, shattering it!

The glass shattered, small crumbs of it falling in front of the robot. To your surprise, another object falls with the shattering glass, a small blue sapphire. So small you would not be able to see it in the dull light of the prison, if not for the fact it seemed to glow with its own light. Could it really be that easy?

No, no it couldn't. The sapphire shatters when it hits the ground, but at almost the same time the black knight releases a stream of bullets from its small (relatively) machine gun, echoing harmlessly several feet above your head. Why is this thing still going? As if reading your mind, Rikki starts to speak. "The Black Knight and other larger models of UGV appear as multiple hostiles. It is likely that each have multiple soul gems. In addition, they appear to be more coherent. They have more human like actions and better aim. It is probable that these things are related." she stated with the same voice someone might say "your shoe is untied" with. "Why the hell didn't you tell us that earlier?" David asked, ducking behind his cover to reload. "I was distracted while processing. I was attempting to discover a simple plan in order to vanquish our foes simply, in the case it was successful, inform you when we were not in combat. However, I was unsuccessful in my planning, I was unable to process anything that would successfully vanquish our foe better then conventional combat. The plans I had created would go against classified objective number two and objective three, to defend David Atlas and Alec Rowe to the best of my abilities. Thus it would be beneficial to fully disclose the intelligence I have gathered on the enemy." she continues, also reloading.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 27, 2013, 12:07:38 am »

Alec glanced in the direction of the tank, making sure to remember to move to another position. What could disrupt a tank if they have several human souls, thus harder to kill. Something that would hurt multiple souls, yes, but an offensive kill is a kill all the same though. So could they perhaps disrupt its ability to fire? That turret is still a gun, and while guns are no buildings Alec knows well that no matter what you're dealing with, hit it hard and enough times, and something will stop working. Alec entertained the thought of bringing the steel railing or roof on top of one, but quickly realized how dangerous and foolish that would be.

"Damage weapons? Can't fire, no threat." Alec always one to put words into practice, and after moving again he takes aim at the things weapon system. Maybe the turret has an individual soul, so if he damages that it can't fire, or just damaging the weapon enough with bullets...

All the while he's fighting back distress about how dangerous of a situation they're in.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 27, 2013, 06:40:16 pm »

"Yes, very good Alec" Rikki states as she begins firing again, her own target returning inaccurate fire in her general direction. "Firepower kill is a major part of anti-tank warfare.It is one of the three main ways to disable a tank. Optimally, the destruction of the weapons would allow for a simple take down. However the design of our foe is based of main battle tanks. The armor is made of depleted uranium plates, it is unfeasible that our weapons, made for neutralizing infantry, would be effective in this situation. It is a strange phenomena that my shells have been capable of neutralizing our foes. It would appear that something is causing the enemy armor to be weakened. The possibilities for this advantage are: Cheap materials used in prototyping, active hindering of the armors abilities by the soul stones, or assistance from a nearby magic user. In any case, the endurance of our enemies is also impressive. They are in every way an undead, of the kind it is necessary to remove the vitals for it to be destroyed. In short, it is a zombie made of depleted uranium, the weapons have to be cut off completely in order to stop functioning."

Looking toward Rikki's target, it certainly looked like a zombie. It was bloody from its macabre wardrobe, and filled with holes from the grenades. The top of the turret was gone, the grey insides and wires exposed like a brain. The right and left side had holes placed in random locations, exposing its insides. And its main turret was bent at an angle, though it continued to fire somehow, the bullets simply flying in a straight line, as if the barrel was just for show.

"But this does mean that you are capable of defeating it using your weapon. The simplest ways of taking it down would be to obliterate its weapons or destroy the soul gems. It is likely they will become less powerful, more like the mindless foes who still have not discovered our existence. Defeating its guns would work equally as well."

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 28, 2013, 06:11:08 pm »

Alec listened to Rikki give the explanation. He's also pretty damn sure she's either very, very weird (considering the other people in the organization, this is a credible idea) or an android (normally he'd consider himself insane but he's fighting machines with souls causing them to attack) or something (he's given up on discounting entirely insane ideas by now in this organization).

From what it sounds like, his weapon can work on it, which is good, but just looking at that thing makes him really question if that isn't just some cruel joke or something. Its covered in fucking armor for god's sake! Depleted uranium armor, something he vaguely is aware that is most likely stronger than steel, he thinks. ...Sometimes he wonders if he should of joined the military instead of gone into demolition, but now isn't exactly the time to ponder on that.

"Point out where the souls are?" Alec queries Rikki, as he clenches his grip even tighter than it already was, steeling himself as he moves to a different spot and attempts to aim at another weak spot again or where Rikki directs if she provides something useful that he already doesn't know.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 01, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »

"Unfortunately no," Rikki stated, as she finally decided her target had had enough and moved on to a separate Black knight. "There is some form of interference preventing my sensors from detecting exact locations. I would have defeated the contacts simply if that were not the case. I had suspected that this was caused by the base's defenses, however there may be several causes..."

"Yeah, yeah, that is great. Hey Alec, change to channel 4, I need to talk to you in private." David stated, as he finally finished cleaning up the sparsely populated top floor.

What do you do now?

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43