- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28190 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2013, 06:54:17 pm »

"What's in the right and left sectors?" Alec would normally not ask, but considering John he knew he did. For all he knows, he's sending one side into the 'experimental weapons of horrible death' section. ...He's not sure if either side isn't that one, considering how closely they're keeping this to their vest really. Either way, Alec took a look at Rikki and David to try and gauge their response to being stuck with him. He doesn't know a darn thing about Rikki, but he has a feeling she's probably very strong considering what he recalled mentioned earlier. Their group is apparently worth one of these 'Archangel Guardians' if he caught the wording right.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 13, 2013, 03:46:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The right sector is were we kept the prisoners. There where some experiments going on there, but they are all classified. Besides, anything dangerous was probably killed when the robots overtook the area, so you don't have to worry." John spoke up, as the island comes into view on the horizon, steadily growing larger. "The left side contained research on contraband artifacts, mostly useless junk we found at freak activity zones that had been cleared. The main goal of the experiments over there was to find any weaknesses that expand over all freak artifacts, with a much more ambitious goal of finding the reason behind the freak appearances. There should be nothing they have to worry about, besides the eternally screaming death machines."

You gauge the reactions of your squad mates. Rikki stares at John as he speaks, face blank. Her expression is one that can only be described as "nothing", her lips in a neutral position. Her eyes are just as blank, staring into them somehow gives the feeling of looking into outer space, empty with only the faintest hint of light. David, on the other hand, looks somewhere between tired and exited. He was feeling his gun around, making sure everything was prepared, twitching excitedly as he does so. Though strangely, after the announcement, he yawned, and you could see bags below his eyes. Strange, shouldn't he have gotten a lot of rest during that two week break?

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 13, 2013, 05:01:34 pm »

[...I see where this is going. I think. I've learned not to assume that with you however after the spider debacle.]

Alec didn't much like the sounds of the right sector, the one his team is heading into... Hopefully it isn't what it sounds like. The large man put the thoughts out of his head anyhow, if they found anyone they're to be rescued, right? But... If they were prisoners there, being experimented on, wouldn't rescuing them just put... NO! Thoughts somewhere else.

Alec forcibly shifted his thoughts somewhere else, not going to give that thought a conclusion. "Understood." The man responded to John, not wanting to ask anymore questions for fear of his rapidly weakening resolve right now. Alec's thoughts shifted, he pondered over his teammate's reactions. Rikki proved as incomprehensible as ever, but David confused him. Two weeks have passed, what has he been doing that's been eating his sleep? His team wasn't on a mission, he was told that much... Something to talk about later, no doubt.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 13, 2013, 07:32:11 pm »

[...I see where this is going. I think. I've learned not to assume that with you however after the spider debacle.]

I try to give enough hints as to what is going on that you could potentially figure it out without giving out enough information that you will figure it out. Its more fun that way.

-------------------

The island ahead of you continued to grow rapidly as your small boat skipped across the waves. As it draws closer, you are able to make out some of its features. The island isn't particularly big, for an island you would say it was rather small. However grey concrete walls stretched nearly to the edge of the island all the way around, a single building taking up the entire island. It was pretty big, as far as buildings go, it looked like someone had taken a decent size sky scrapper and chopped it up to make a new building. The lab reminded you of the archangel facility in some ways, the design appears to be similar, giving it the same outward appearance. Soon you are within a stone's throw of the island, as the boat begins to slow down. You end in front of a small beach, stopping a little distance away from it. The boat inches closer and you see why, under the boat was several objects that you don't want to touch. You see the outlines of several water mines, and you scarcely go over a strange underwater barbed wire fence thing, though Erica seems to avoid them all with little difficulty.

The boat makes land on a small spot of sand in front of an abnormality in the wall. The blank concrete leads into a metal gate, if you could call it a gate. It was more like a spider web made of metal. Several metal bars cross over each other in random directions, like someone took several fences and threw them into a single pile. Above either side of the door, there where two gun turrets, pointing toward the sky. Everyone exits the boat, carefully due to their heavy equipment. Soon, your squad is ready to enter, readying their weapons in front of the gate. John stands in front of the group, unarmed, as the gate begins to open. One by one, a group of metal exited into the wall, slowly tearing apart the metal web. It was like opening several sliding doors in multiple directions, though John is standing as casually as he would waiting in a line. As the gates exit, their small metallic noises where overcome by a chorus of screams, getting louder as the gate continued to open further.

Your team gets their weapons into firing position as you listen for the enemy. You can make out three different screams, each intermingling only adding to their effect. One had a kind of laugh to it, a painful screeching laugh, like someone found getting impaled hilarious. A second had a sob to it, a deeper bawling. It intermingled with the sound of the laughter, giving a moment of the insane laughter with a small moment of breathing before the sobbing began. The final sound was one of anger, caught halfway between a roar and a screech of pain. It finished off the blasphemous symphony, making a trio of screams fill the now open gate.

Past the gate all you can see is a dark room, with cement floors and walls. Apparently they had already tried turning off the power. However, it is dark enough for you to not see much more.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 13, 2013, 10:12:25 pm »

[Whenever I actually figure something out, typically I can look back and go 'oh, well I could of figured it out back there.' Which is why when I actually figure something out and can't see the pieces before it, I don't actually know if I figured it out or not such as in the case of the janitor. I knew something was up with him, but I couldn't adamantly say what really. Well, until things got worse and worse that is.]

Pleasant. There's hundreds of those things in there? Alec tried not to think of what kind of horrible noise they must make, or how he's suppose to ignore that kind of thing. The new comms help, but still only so much. The large man figures that anyone in there might probably go deaf after a while without proper protection.

Either way though, he moves to those he's to stick with, gun at ready as he watched the entrance warily. If others have flicked on their flashlights, he'd his as well considering he can't see in the dark anymore. One of the things he missed about the salve really, you'd think it minor but its incredibly helpful when you need it, as Alec figures.

The man wonders if they're to draw those three out and fire, or try to move forward to do such... He's prefer to draw them out into their kill zone, but giving them the initiative isn't something he's keen on either... "Plan for them? Draw out, or find?" He offered his ideas, although Alec figured them obvious enough that they probably could of gone without saying.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 13, 2013, 11:23:17 pm »

"To late. They already saw us." John said simply, as he took a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket, putting them on his face calmly. As he does so, the lights flicker on soundlessly, lighting up the base ahead of you and allowing you to see perfectly, after your eyes take a second to adjust. "Talons..." John states, as you look at the source of the noise.

The room was rather bare, and once again you find yourself reminded of the Archangel facility. It looks a lot like the room you had first entered what feels like an eternity ago, simple room with a lot of extra space and a desk off in one corner. Much more attention is demanded by the figures in the room.

Three little robots, which reach up to your knees, drunkenly rushed toward you from the far side of the room, forming snakelike lines as they run. They had treads, kind of like you would expect on a tank, with a machine gun jutting out of the top. On the far left, the machine gun was topped with a severed human head, worn as a mockery of a hat. It looked almost rubbery, like a fake you would see in movies, with blood dried in rivers on the sides of the gun from a dark reddish wound were the head was torn off. Its eyes were pure white, as if someone had stolen everything from the veins to the pupil and its mouth was gaped in an eternal scream which seamed to emit itself from the robot. The middle was dragging along a severed torso, flopping behind the tracks. It had a similar wound to the head, as if it had been ripped apart and loosely put onto the end of the robot. It was wearing an orange suit, like you would expect a convict to wear. The one on the right had hands attached to the middle of the tracts, flopping along the side and hitting into objects, the dried blood decorating it like a scene in a movie. They continue to rush forward, getting more and more erratic with their moments as they get closer, turning around and off in random directions as the trio of screams fills the air.

What do you do now?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:27:33 pm by Stirk »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2013, 04:37:39 pm »

Well... Shit. This, this is not what he was expecting, no rather this is not at all what he was expecting. Alec was expecting something out of a Terminator movie, not... Not... This. He doesn't even know what to call this, and right now is rather more preoccupied with wanting them destroyed than wanting to know what they are. The man readies his new weapon, the Pecheneg, and gets into a kneeling position, attempting to use it as how Tommy showed him in brief. Alec aimed, taking sight on the three.

The large man can't make heads or tails of what in the world they're doing, going every which way the closer they get... But tried not to pay it much mind. Unless someone moved to stop him, Alec would open fire on those three... Things. He couldn't think of a better way to describe them. Those screaming... Things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 25, 2013, 10:14:33 pm »

Sorry for the wait, went on a little river trip and couldn't get to a computer.

---------------------

You open fire, after swiftly getting into position. It seems the entirety of your squad had the same idea, as before you are even position a hail of bullets swiftly rushes toward the nearest abomination, dozens of craters forming in it as it flies backwards, torn apart before you could even get into position. You begin to fire on the second one, the "Ptdddd" of your new weapon joining the symphony of gunfire beginning to drown out the screaming. You fire five rounds, two hitting the robot and raising a small plum of fire with their impact. The gun is a little awkward for you, even with the advice it is still the first time you had fired it. The rest of your squad continues its onslaught, the other heavy rounds eating the small robot apart, leaving almost nothing but a bloody wreckage half lodged in a torso. You look down your sights at the last remaining Freak, the robot with the severed head, when you hear a voice over the communicator calmly order "stop".

John then began walking calmly in front of the fire line, both of his hands in the pocket of his lab coat. The mockery of a machine stood motionless, its pained laughing filling the now quite hallway. Suddenly, the rubbery head flew off of the machine, with a small pool of blood following it. Rikki catches it, cradling it between her arms and a large hunting-like rifle. "Rikki, examine." John states, as he continues to walk casually toward the still laughing robot. "Starting from minor to major." Rikki begins, looking at the head dripping blood on her uniform as if it was a particularly boring book. "Minor tearing of the tongue and mouth. Likely bit himself when being restrained. Lacerations around entire head and eyes, apparently surgical..." she begins, to be interrupted by John. "Please skip to the relevant information, removing everything not directly related to the robots." Rikki simply nods and begins speaking once again. "Time of death, approximately two days. Major wound, decapitation. Likely postmortem. Probable cause of death...soul removal." John nods as he kneels down next to the screaming robot, tapping his hand against strange camera like face. After a second, a small gem comes flying out of it, a sapphire about the size of a normal man's finger nail.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 26, 2013, 04:46:21 pm »

[No problem to me man.]

What. On all accounts, what. Alec didn't think himself too slow to catch what that might of meant, the tearing and the surgical wounds not relating to the robots. He's really hoping it was done by something that wasn't a part of this facility. He pushed the thoughts from his head however, and tried his hardest to not look at the human head in Rikki's arms, to see what John was doing. Wasn't he afraid the Freak would hurt him? Yet it didn't, and in fact he got something from it... Soul removal was the death?

The large man isn't sure he wants to know how one could derive such information from a severed head. What's up with the gem too? Why was it inside of it? "Why was that there?" He'd bet money that John already knew all of this before hand. Why is he keeping the people trying to help him reclaim this place in the dark? Because classified, bureaucracy, etc, etc... The large man instead focused on his question, what John might answer, or failing that his fancy new gun. Out of all of this situation, he's at least comforted by the fact that the robots seem easily kill-able, he was expecting some kind of metallic monstrosity that would take a full mag to take down.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:34 pm »

John crushed the stone in his hand, causing the solid looking gem to turn to sparkling dust instantly. The screaming immediately stopped, allowing for much easier communication. John then begins his explanation, examining the dust as it flows out of his hands. "That was a soul stone. A phylactery. It could be called a dozen things. The just of it is that some poor bastard had his soul torn from him and put in this rock. Apparently, they are using that to control the robots. Which would explain the screaming and the lack of coordination, it is probably as painful as hell in there. It also might explain the body parts, their broken minds had attempted to...reattach themselves in the only way they could think of. It is likely the work of a powerful wizard, necromancer, or most likely......"

"A lich." Otonashi states, his voice filled with half hidden hatred. "Yes, if every robot has a similar stone in it, that means one man had stolen hundreds of souls in the course of two days. This could only be done by an incredibly powerful lich..." John finished. "The lich has likely left. We shouldn't have to fight him here. The man who had betrayed us was working on ... a different project, far away from the TALON project. It is possible that he had gone immediately to these things, however it is likely he spent his efforts on the more powerful robots further in. This makes it even more important that we get it clear, and less likely that there are any survivors to speak of..."

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 28, 2013, 03:01:48 pm »

There was a soul in that? In the robot? Controlling that thing? ...Christ. What does someone say to that? Anyone? That someone was... Forced into those rocks, then into the robots, put through that. None of this sounds good, at all, less so then it did in the beginning. Alec tried to steady his nerves, wanting a smoke right about now but knowing that would be ill advised. The most he could give in response was just a deep breathe and a slow exhale. Never a boring day. But a lich? Is Ezekiel a lich? He didn't look like one, rather what he thought one would look like.

The large man was silent for a bit. "Still a chance." Was all he could really say, in response to there being less likely to be survivors. If there was just a chance... About the robots, he didn't know what to think. Except that he wanted to free those who were put in what must be that hell. He wasn't sure what to expect when he joined, this wasn't exactly it, but... Well here he is. There's still things to do than fret though. Alec lifted his gun in a mobile position again, ready to move out. The quicker this was done, the better in his opinion.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 04, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

"Enough infodump, lets start already!" Helena exclaimed as she started to drag Erica down the hallway, her guns still in her hands. "Helena, what have I told you about gun safety? Are you trying to get us killed...." Erica starts, still being dragged. "Your both right." John said, nodding slightly as he begins down the middle path. "There is still a chance that someone has survived, and we have to get going if we want to keep it. Good luck" he continued, walking calmly down the hallway with his hands in his pockets. Oto follows him after a few seconds, his hands returning to their normal position behind his back. Your own team starts down the hallway before even you do, readying their weapons half casually as the sound of distant screams fills the air.

You walk down the hallway for several minutes, neither of your companions breaking pace as they walked, your footsteps and the movement of your equipment mingling with the ever present screams. Screams of all kinds, of men and women, high and low pitch, of all emotions. You even hear the hints of a few children, though faint and distant. This atmosphere seems to make David a bit jumpy, from your position behind him you can see him nervously hold his gun, his finger dancing from a position on the trigger to the position on his trigger guard. The hallway is otherwise boring. Just a hallway, much like you could find at the Archangel facility.

After several more minutes of walking, you notice that some of the screams are getting louder. You turn around a corner to find a door, a heavy steel door right next to another turn in the hallway. David and Rikki rush up to it, readying their weapons as they each get on either side of the door. You follow, getting in the middle and preparing your weapon, ready to enter the room. David nods to Rikki, who then kicks the door, causing it to slam open. She and David both begin to fire, before rushing into the room.

You were about to act, maybe say something, maybe prepare something, but something stops you. Not something magical, just something in the back of your mind that doesn't feel right. As your companions rush in, you finally figure out what it was. To your right, down the hallway, someone is saying "Help me". Between the headphones and the noise, it was only a feeble whisper, though it didn't sound particularly strong to begin with.

What do you do now?

------------------------------

Ah, one more month until school starts up again. Probably will be able to get more time in then, instead of just bi-weakly.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 06, 2013, 09:56:46 pm »

[This is one of those moments where I go 'no' and the character goes 'but thou must.' This is literally going against the very basics of these kind of things, never splitting up.]

Alec was about to rush into the room with the others when he heard the noise, very faint. It caused him hesitation, as the man quickly tried to work out what to do. He knows that the smart thing would be to help his team, then go check it out as a group but the voice sounds so weak he's not sure if there might be time for that, and their fighting might attract more which could find said voice... Dammit. If he doesn't go, the voice may die, if he does his team could be in trouble... Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Well let the damning begin then.

"Possible survivor further down, very faint, asking for help. Checking."
Was what Alec let out to his team in his typical laconic, stilted way as the man quickly made his way towards the voice. Please don't be a trap, the large man could only hope as he moved forward.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 06, 2013, 11:23:39 pm »

"Affirmative. Your intervention should not be necessary. Avoid confrontation if possible." Rikki blasts over the radio in response as you quickly rush down the hallway, weapon ready. The hallway around you rushes by as you go down it top speed, turning around several corners toward the origin of the voice. There are no other doors or crossroads, and it seems to be a bit farther then you thought. Though the voice is faint, it seems to echo through the halls. You finally come to a stop in front of a large hole in the ground, out of breath. You may be tough, but it is still difficult running with all this heavy equipment. The strength of your allies must be truly amazing to carry more then you do without breaking a sweat...

Looking at the obstacle in your path, you see a hole in the middle of the concrete hallway. It looked as if someone had attempted to dig to China using ballistic missiles, an incredibly deep, rough hole. The sides, which stretched from both walls to about twenty feet back, where rough with crumbling concrete, wiring, and pipes. The bottom of the hole was dark, you couldn't see anything more then five feet down. More pressingly, you saw a bloody hand, and the origin of the voice. You rush over to get a closer look.

At the edge of the abyss, a man looks up weakly. You could only see the top half of his body, but what you could see looked horrible. The man's arms and face had no meat on them, bones with wrinkling flabs of skin, as if he had been starved. His head was bald, with a dried up mouth that continued to release the words "Help me" at regular intervals, causing them to echo down the abyss. His right hand was hanging onto the ledge, the edge biting into his hand deeply, causing new blood to join the dark blots next to it. The man's other hand hung limp at his side, a patch of dark blood on his orange uniform.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 10, 2013, 03:11:18 pm »

[Craaaap. I swore I posted a reply to that, but then remembered that I didn't but only remembered today because I forgot to unmark it being read.]

Shit, that's not good. "It's alright, you're safe now, take my hand." Alec tried to calm the man down as he moved to grab the man and hoist him onto more stable, and safer, grounds. Just a good bracing, and a good hoist and he should hopefully be able to get that guy outta there. Damn, what happened? Guy looks scrawny.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43