- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28196 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #510 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11:19 pm »

Seems Alec is the talk of the area here. He isn't surprised with that stunt, chances are this will be something hung over his head for days. Either way, he'll check the time (and contemplates getting a watch) and heads enters the library.

Honestly, he didn't arrive with a clear goal of what to look at other than see what they have, but he has a feeling they have a bit of everything and anything. Alec tried to think of what he'd want to know, but without any information on possible missions he has no idea what he should suspect. His thoughts drew to the 'wizard,' Ezekiel, and the pendent on his neck. He's not sure what he could search there, so far things seem distant with the only constant being that the prophet thinks he's on a holy war.

After a bit of debate, he tries to see if he can find any books on Archangel, might as well. He's surprised by how little he knows of it, even though he joined it...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2013, 10:41:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You walk up to the desk and ask one of the librarians for a book on Archangel. She types something on her computer and gives you a number, 900 and something. She then points toward one of the pillars, about halfway up. You thank her and walk up the spiral stairway, your steps echoing quietly through the silent room. You find the book the librarian mentioned, and pull it out. It was a paperback, dark black with the Archangel's logo on the front, with the words "Operation Archangel" written in bright gold letters. You look out the staircase past the safety rail, the ground below you rather distant. You swiftly descend the stairs and find a place to read your book.

You open the book, finding it rather firm to open. It looks rather new, rarely used. After the first few pages with nothing of value, you see the table of contents:

"Intro.....
History....
Equipment....
Main base...
Personnel....
Future...."

Which part would you like to read?

-----------------------

Psh, I can tell by my writing that I must be tired.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 15, 2013, 01:34:30 am »

[Sorry for the wait.]

Alec pondered as he tried to think of what he should look up... He decided it would be easier to instead check off what he wouldn't want to read. Let's see... Intro, no, Equipment, no... Hm, didn't knock out as much as he was hoping to. After a moment, Alec decided to go with the most prominent in his current situation, the Main Base. After all, just how freaking huge is this place?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:37 am »

[Sorry for the wait.]

I made you wait a lot longer. Work has been taking a lot out of me.

-------------------

You go to the Main Base page and begin to read.

The Archangel main base, often called the "Cloud" or simply the Archangel Facility, is the most populated and only major base authorized under Operation Archangel. It is situated strategically on the edge of Antarctica. This had been decided under the Operation Archangel meeting sarcastically called "détente", the third meeting involving members sent from all nations. There was major disagreement on the location, with all countries suggesting their own countries as bases, in order to receive extra protection. Suggested locations where New York City, for logistic ease and in order to aid in cleaning, an empty field in Northern Russia, an off-shore platform near Japan, a castle in France, among suggested but completely rejected ideas. Tensions at this time where still high, and the meeting degraded into a yelling match between the diplomats. The current location was decided when an American scientist present at the meeting, John Chapman, slammed his fist into the table and shouted "Then we might as damned well put it in Antarctica" in response to another person at the meeting. While disagreements where still high, this was decided on as a suitable location by the majority of dignitaries.

The strategic situation has allowed for several advantages and disadvantages. The main disadvantage is it's distance from any major city or country, making logistics and troop deployment difficult. This has been lessened by project "Mana", a multi billion dollar grant to contract civilian and military shipping companies to deliver food, munitions, construction supplies and other logistics. Advantage wise, its situation has allowed for excellent defense, as of writing there has never been an attack on the Archangel Facility or any of the construction crew or the participants in project "Mana". There are other advantages to this location, however much of it is classified information.

The construction of the building is ongoing at the time of writing, under project "Fortification". Currently, the base contain 500,000 occupants, including staff, however by the time this book is published it is projected to have 1,000,000 occupants. "Project Ascension" has been planned but not approved, which will tipple the projected size of the base to 3,000,000 occupants do to the roaring success of the current base. The occupants live in small "squad rooms" based on western houses. Each squad room contains a "living room", a kitchen, an armory, several rooms for the troops, and a deployment area. These are similar to the maintenance worker's quarters, substituting the armory for other equipment and without a deployment area.

The base is designed and built in "Blocks". The blocks vary in size, with those made first being much larger, but contain the same general design. Each block contains several squad rooms, including both troops and maintenance staff, a gun range, three requisition offices (one focusing on food, one focusing on arms, and one focusing on mundane objects like toothbrushes), a hospital, a cafeteria, a library, a gym, an emergency bunker that is often used as a meeting room, among other mundane and classified rooms.

Well it looks like you have read what you want to read. The book continues to list several other things, mostly focusing on numbers, for several more pages. What do you want to do now?
---------------------------------------

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 23, 2013, 12:32:48 pm »

Well, that explains a good bit. Several requisition rooms? That will be a useful tidbit, Alec figures, a watch would do him wonders here. Speaking of watches... Alec closes the book and attempts to find out the time, either from looking at the time from a non-occupied computer, or asking someone for the time if needed, or just looking at a clock that may or may not be present. Alec needs to see how much time he has left before he needs to head back to base, doesn't want to be late after all.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:58 pm »

You look around for anything that could be used as a clock, and finding non, you ask the librarian. She tells you the time, and you find that you only have enough time to make it back to the base. You quickly thank her, as she checks out the book in case you need some random information later. You then rush back to base, managing not to get lost.

Anything you want to do before your next mission?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 26, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »

Alec puts the book on the dresser, makes a mental note to remember when to check it back in, and makes sure all of his gear is ready. Don't want to wind up having to dash back to grab something he might of forgot after all.

Afterwards he'll see what the aftershocks of the party are, how bad the mess might be or if there even is one.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 26, 2013, 10:22:01 pm »

You put the book on the dresser then check your gear, entering the main room. Beer cans littered the floor, but other then that the mess seems to relatively minor. Helena and Tommy continued to play their game as if nothing had happened, lying lazily on the couch. Oto and David where sitting in the corner still, with the man who had given you the stewardess's outfit waving good bye as he exits. The janitor was still there, and appeared to be the only one doing any cleaning, casually sweeping the cans into a bag. "Why am I doing this again?" the janitor asked, with a slight slur. "Because your the janitor." David stated, as the sat in his chair, arms crossed. "Oto didn't even let me get a drink, no way I am helping...". "We are about to face the monsters of this world." Otonashi stated, sounding false serious. "If you prefer, we can switch places..."

Suddenly the alarm sounds, and the group snaps to attention as Otonashi takes the communication himself. He states some words lost over the rush, as you line up with the rest of the squad. "The parameters for this mission are interesting. We have not been informed of the cause, location, or threat. However they have informed us that this is linked to my...enemy directly. Success on this mission could mean discovering the location of this illusive man." Otonashi states, looking at you as he finished his sentence. "This also means that you are a liability, Alec. We will have to keep a close eye on you. We may use force if you step out of line again. If your agamit is compromised in any way, you are ordered to release your weapons and lock yourself in a secure area as long as you are compromised."

Otonashi then takes a step away, before turning back around. "Oh, I almost forgot." he stated simply, "We have been authorized for heavy weaponry, and warned that we will face armored enemies, on the ground and in the air. Unlimited budget. This appears to be an important mission...the armory will arrive shortly." Upon hearing these words, Tommy's eyes lit up as he jumped with joy, complete with a shout of joy. With in the next instant, he was half dragging Helena into the garage. The rest of the squad follows, so you follow suit.

You enter the garage to see a strange surprise. Rather then the normal roof, there was what appears to be a large helicopter, blocking the entire entrance. Several trap doors are opened up, with several ladders coming down. There was a fork-lift like machine coming out of one of the trap doors as well, with a large box slowly being lifted down. A man, a little smaller then you with a full beard, comes out toward you. "WELCOME to the armory!" he greats you, offering his hand. "You have a VERY important mission coming up, a very difficult one as well. Please, ask for any weapon you can imagine. UNFORTUNATELY, you will only be able to keep it for this mission, this HEAVY stuff isn't exactly suited for normal missions."

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »

[...It may actually be applicable to upgrade "stressed" to "paranoid" if he keeps acting this way, I swear.

Hope you don't mind if I advertise this game a bit, your GMing really deserves more players in my opinion.]

Alec nodded when Oto gave him his orders during the line up, keeping his face solemn. A price to pay for previous actions... They must really worry about Ezekiel somehow taking over his body or something. If such were possible, wouldn't the... Priest? Necromancer? Wouldn't he have tried before hand, when he was under the effects of the salve? Or do they trust him so little as that he would endanger his friends at only words... Alec tried to shake this line of thought, it wasn't going places he liked.

It distracted him from what all the hustle and bustle was with Tommy however, as the group followed them he began to piece it together that they must of got issued something special for the mission. The bearded man confirmed such, Alec shook the smaller-although-still-large man's hand, giving a grin and a nod to the man to return the greeting. Alec mildly wondered why he went to him first, but it was nothing more than an idle, if present, thought.

At the question however, the large man grew silent. He wasn't sure how to answer, himself not really being a gun guy. Alec looked to Tommy for help, knowing him to be very knowledgeable in this field. At best, all Alec could do is look at his Shrike and say 'something bigger?' Tommy probably had a better idea. Alec was reminded that he wanted a handgun however by this, mentally cursing his forgetful mind at such. Well, good thing the armory is here he supposed, although he has a feeling its the wrong kind.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:44:49 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 27, 2013, 10:52:31 pm »

Hope you don't mind if I advertise this game a bit, your GMing really deserves more players in my opinion.]

Ah, its fine, though I am not sure it will do much. Everyone seems to leave, either do to my attitude, story telling style, or a magical curse or something.

-------------------

The man looks at you strangely and then laughs. "Well your friend seems to know what he wants, maybe you should ask him? Burst through the door toward the nearest officer and starting barking off a list...Not sure how he is even going to carry it all" he said simply, as Tommy and Helena started walking toward you. Tommy waved happily toward you as his eyes continue to sparkle. As he gets near you, he does some kind of dancing movement as he begins to speak. "When they say unlimited, they really mean it!" he begins, affectionately petting a new gun cradled in his arms. The gun was huge, it looks about three and a half feet, its weight visibly effecting Tommy. "IgottaFIM-92StingerFGM-148JavelinwithextramissileAccuracyInternationalAW50...." he starts firing off full auto, stopping to take a deep breath before continuing, "fourcrucifixesandaKS-23k!" he finishes, again breathing deeply. Helena stumbles toward you as well a few steps behind Tommy, loaded with weaponry. On her back was two long tubes, a missile, and a large rifle. Her two submachine guns where now joined by large ammunition pouches, with several of the box-like crucifixes finding themselves next to them. Even with Helena's great strength, she is visibly slumping under the wait, slowing her down slightly. "Heeeaaavvvyyyy" she blurts, finally standing still. "Oh, and Helena got some AP rounds." Tommy finishes, putting his gun over his shoulder.

You ask Tommy what gun you should upgrade to. He begins to smile happily as he lists off guns, "M2BrowningM242 Bushmaster..." he begins, when the man you are speaking to once again looks confused, before laughing. "I...had heard that you had recently done something with the Freaks, but I had no idea it had given you super strength..." the man began, looking back at you. "It didn't." Otonashi states, coming out of nowhere. Otonashi had a simple assault rifle on his back, though nothing as big as Tommy had. "How about suggesting something more practical?" "Awww your no fun Oto" Tommy begins, fixing the position of his massive shotgun.  "Humm...." Tommy continues, puffing out his cheeks and putting his hand to his face. "Can't think of anything that would be to much bigger that you'd be able to use. I can think of a TON of guns, but most you can't use standing up." he begins, before he snaps. "How about the Pecheneg machine gun!" he states, looking toward you. "It weighs about twice as much, but has a bigger caliber and higher rate of fire.  You would have to fire on the kneeling or ground position more, but if you use AP rounds youd get a lot out of it!"

What do you say?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 28, 2013, 09:53:34 pm »

[Sorry for the wait, work gets in the way. Also, its a good thing I made my character less gun-savvy than I am, as that's still much less gun savvy than you are from what I can see. I understood, like, zero of what Tommy said. Something something rocket launcher something something another rocket launcher something something yet another rocket launcher I think, something something whatever a KS-23k is. Its pretty funny honestly.]

Alec tried to follow the long stream of things Tommy listed as what he got. He failed. Horribly. On the third word really, he spent a second trying to figure out what that was and before he knows it seven words have passed. The large man simply nodded with a smile after he finished, hoping Tommy doesn't realize he had no idea what in the world he just said.

When Tommy calmed down and started to list off things he could possibly use, Alec was more at ease. He couldn't help but snigger when he suggested the Bushmaster, him still in a relatively good mood at being up and about despite all previous that happened. Well, he might of been able to use that thing when he used the salve, but definitely not now.

"Sounds good." Alec nodded at the more sensible suggestion, it sounding like something he could find useful, although having to kneel to use it seems a bit of a disadvantage however... It'll do, but it does bring to him a concern of his as well. No, not the fact that he is wondering if Oto is watching him closely which he's sure he is, but rather his pressing lack of a side arm that isn't his hammer.

"Sidearm might be good too. Suggestions?" Alec looked to Tommy again, wondering. All he could think of is like, a revolver or something. Something that has a kick, because chances are if he needs it he needs to give something a really hard kick. The large man tried not to think of how he might of gotten out of the situation of being cocooned if he had not of had the salve, because he couldn't think of many.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:55:12 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 28, 2013, 11:36:16 pm »

"Welltheres..." Tommy starts, before Oto cut him off with the "stop" signal. "Lets skip to the practical ones, we must deploy soon." Otonashi said simply. "Aww fine..." Tommy states, as he takes a deep breath. "M1911BerettaM9HandKP30Glock...." once again, Otonashi stops him. "Aww, come on Oto, those where all practical...." Tommy states. "Just give him two or three choices...." Otonashi stated sternly, as Tommy began to think again. "And be quick about it, we have a mission to go on."

Tommy begins speaking again. "Fiiiinee. We will just go with the standards. You never fired a handgun before, right? Ill have to take ya to the range when we get back....Alllriiight! I have decided on either the M1911 or the Beretta M9! The good ol' government 45, M1911! Itsgotta bigger bullet, and shoots faster, since yourusedtomachineguns. If I could getacustom, it could have better aim and stability to. But then again, the Beretta has more ammo, better base aim, and the 9 mm rounds. 9mm rounds are smaller, but have better piercing. So I guess it depends on if you think we are going against something that needs the stopping power or the armor pierce, I guess." He states in a kind of burst mode, visibly trying to restrain himself from entering the rapid fire mode with little success.

The bearded man had stepped away for a second to order your gun on his communicator, causing a new box to descend from the helicopter above.

What do you do now?

------------------

Sorry if that got hard to read, I still have to work on how I write my accents and speech quirks.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 29, 2013, 09:45:37 pm »

[Nah, I can read it fine. Darn ye ten word limit! Its hard sometimes to go from my usual, wordy characters who talk quite a bit to Alec who only speaks ten or less words a post.]

Alec debated the issue for a while, pondering if he needs armor piercing, or better stopping power as stated. After a moment or two of mental debate, the large man decided. "Something with a kick will go farther for me." Alec nodded at his decision being made. "Thanks." He concluded, giving thanks to Tommy for helping him out with this. He couldn't quite think of anything else he might need, although he'd be free to suggestions. The large man watched with interest as he saw the box descend from the helicopter, making a mental note to read up on anything armory related in the book.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 30, 2013, 01:10:38 pm »

"Alright! 45 it is!" Tommy states gladly. "Letssee... Wearegonnaneedtocustomizeit. Beavertailgripbiggersightsonepartguiderodlargemetalgripdehornedcombatthumbsafty..." Tommy begins to rattle off, as Otonashi stops him once again. "Just make a list, I am sure they have paper around here somewhere..." Otonashi said simply.

Several minutes later, the bearded man returns. He is carrying a large gun, longer then the Shrike with a bipod in front. He hands it to you before taking your Shrike. "Well THERE is your Pecheneg, friend. Ill take this little guy in for cleaning and maintenance, it will be ready when you come back." he continues to state, moving around. You look at your new gun for a few moments, examining it. It was a lot heavier then the Shrike, at least double in weight. It has a sling on the side, a pistol-like grip, and a skeleton stock. The bearded man turns around, holding a small box. "ALMOST forgot! Heres yar ammo!" he stated, handing the box to you. It was also a lot heavier then the Shrike's ammo, with a bigger box. "I got you the GOOD stuff, 7BZ-3 anti armor and incendiary rounds. Bit heavy though". He wasn't kidding. You look at one of the bullets, rather large with a dark red tip. Tommy once again greets you, still exited about his own guns, that he went off to examine closely before coming back to you. He assists you in putting the ammunition in, and tells you about how to fire the gun, the quirks of the system, and how to fire in the new positions. He told you how to fire holding the ammunition box and sling, explains how to use the bi-pod, and explains how the bi-pod effects the standing and kneeling positions. While Tommy is assisting you rapid fire, another, smaller box descends.

The bearded man comes to you once again. "And HERE is your other gun, the M1911 Alec custom!" he states, presenting you with a holster with a gun in it. You put the holster on your waist as you examine the gun. It was smaller, about three pounds, fitting in one hand. While your hand still dwarfs it, the metal grip appears to have been enlarged, allowing it to fit in your massive hand somewhat comfortably. You look down the gun, seeing the sights, painted bright orange. They where a little small, but still noticeable. The trigger and trigger guard also appear to have been expanded to fit your large hand better, allowing you to comfortably use the trigger. The man then hands you two small clips. ".45 SUPER round! Thattle knock em down!" he stated, before giving a casual salute as he exits. You load a magazine into the gun.

Suddenly, the trapdoors began to shut as air begins to fly through the garage as if a tornado had appeared. Otonashi gathers everyone up and orders you to enter the tightly sealed door back to the base, everyone going in single file with their new equipment. You follow David and Oto, with Tommy and Helena catching up at the last minute, Helena struggling a little bit under the massive weight of her (Well, Tommy's) equipment. There is a sound, much like a helicopter though louder, past the door that steadily grew louder  before dissapearing rather suddenly, at witch Otonashi opens the door to the normal garage, with no sign that the massive armory had been there only minutes before besides the still closing roof above. "We must be swift, we have wasted a lot of time already..." Otonashi stated as he rushed the group into the helicopter. You secure your weapons with the rest of the group, Tommy having to borrow space from the other squad mates in order to fit all of his equipment. The helicopter quickly launches off without further incident.

Is there anything you want to ask or do before the next mission starts?

----------------

Mostly because I spent way to much time writing on the equipment and don't want this post to go to long. Onto the mission!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 30, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »

Alec believes himself ready, side arm and a new gun. He's curious as to what the new mission will pertain, as it seems that it would definitely be different than the typical... The large man doesn't believe he has anything else to do, he has all of his equipment and from the sounds of it any question he might have about the mission Oto himself probably wouldn't know.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43