- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28199 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #495 on: June 06, 2013, 06:22:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alec is now permanently paranoid, guess that stress trait is starting to get to him.

-----------------------------------

"Yep, I just marked it on the map. You think we just keep extra large suits around just in case?" the man asks sarcastically, walking back over to the cart. "Though if you don't wanna walk all the way back to base, about halfway there you can see one-a-tha storage rooms. Stop there and you can probably find something, buddy. Might not like it much though..." he continued, pulling a mop from the cart.

You look down at the map. You see the storage, marked by a crude box drawing.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 06, 2013, 06:42:29 pm »

[Yep. Also the Chain-Smoking one technically, his body hasn't been with its fix in over two weeks. Those traits tend to aggravate the other. I'm curious on that note, how do you deal with said traits? Any mechanics enter the picture, or just leave it to RP?]

Alec sighed again, nodding as he looked at the map. Alright, just a short distance... He hopes. This place tends to screw with his sense of scale, he admits. Alec still can't help but wonder how many millions, possibly billions of dollars had to get sunk into this to make this a reality. Never mind the location. Then there's the equipment, the payment, the supplies... Alec mentally shrugged. Its an interesting thing to think of, but not really relevant to what he needs to do now.

"Thank you. I'll go now, have a good day." Alec spoke to the man as he stood up, and went back to the door. Sarcastic janitors who have maps. And the ability to make said maps really quickly outside of his sight. This place never ceases to confuse him. Opening the door, he exited the room and looked around the hallway, then at the map, trying to judge which way he should go.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »

[Yep. Also the Chain-Smoking one technically, his body hasn't been with its fix in over two weeks. Those traits tend to aggravate the other. I'm curious on that note, how do you deal with said traits? Any mechanics enter the picture, or just leave it to RP?]

I usually use the advantages/disadvantages for rolls where I see fit, for example the "Determined" helped you roll for conciosness when you were fighting the borrow wright, and the "Stressed" further lowered your aim on the first mission, and will do so whenever your character is especially stressed. The perks/quirks are meant mainly for RP. For the chain smoking, I am planning on using a base GURPS addiction rules since it is a GURPS based advantage/disadvantage system. Basically if you go without it for a day, it negatively (slightly) effects your stats until you smoke again.

--------------------

You stand up, walking out the door as the man messes with things on the cart. As you pass the cart and open the door, you hear a tearing sound, like someone ripping paper. You look down to your left, seeing your robe torn, one of the strange symbols torn in half. A dinner plate size hole found itself in your uniform, attached to something in the cart. "Oh godamnint!" the janitor cursed behind the cart, "My mop handle musta gotten stuck to your robes...sorry buddy." he continues to say apologetically. "Must still have some of that stuff from earlier, the webbing I had to clean up... Well this is awkward....I have to... go to the bathroom, excuse me!" he continued, faster then you could react, as he bust himself through the door and ran off in the opposite direction of your map.

Now, with the extra breeze of a broken robe, you stand in the middle of the hallway surrounded by the strange healers. Several rooms line the walls, with several hallways jutting out as well. You look at your map, the single arrow exiting from the room and leading you right.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2013, 07:24:41 pm »

[*Grumble grumble stupid forum ate my post and I couldn't recover it*]

Alec could only watch the man leave in a hurry. "Dammit." The man cursed quietly to himself as he sighed and inspected the wound to his already thin, now even more open robes than they were before. He'll try to cover the hole with his left hand. Alec contemplated following the janitor, strange coincidences and all that, but determined not freezing and not getting embarrassed as a more important goal to focus on.

Looking at the map again, Alec will trudge off following the arrow as nonchalantly as he could possibly manage, hugging to the left wall to hide the hole in his robes. As nonchalantly as a large drugged man can, that is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »

[*Grumble grumble stupid forum ate my post and I couldn't recover it*]

Ah, used to happen to me a lot. I got into a good "Copy literally everything before you post" habit.

--------------------

You walk down the hallway, going as close to the wall as you could while still appearing casual. Unfortunately, it appears that the base follows American highway rules, so this meant that you were walking against the crowd of doctors, nurses, nuns, mikos, monks, and other strangely dressed people. Several of them looked at you annoyed, shouting at you briefly as they passed. A few looked at the hole in your robes, and the fact you were wearing robes, and looked away embarrassed. A squad of soldiers passed, laughing at you all the way.

At the very least, you start to feel more sober, if in need of a smoke. The drugs wear off a little with every step you take, clearing your head as you disturb the onlookers. After a few minutes of the strange hospital, the strange runes on the wall gave away to the more sterile concrete of the normal archangel base. A sharp turn lead you into a much more crowded hallway, with hundreds of people forming a river as they move to their own destinations.

You check the map again, looking for the next landmark sign. You hopefully notice that the place the janitor mentioned was right across from you, with large warehouse like doors promising cloths.

What do you do?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 09, 2013, 08:39:58 pm »

[Hahahaha, poor Alec. No doubt this will only piss Oto off more as a result, while drawing laughter from Tommy and Helena.]

Alec mumbled apologies as he made his way through the hallway, still trying ineffectually to hide the hole in his robe. He tried his hardest to not look embarrassed and shamed. He failed more than a few times. God he wants clothes right now. And a smoke. Why must things always be hard? He could only contemplate as he made his way further through the hallways, finally reaching the outside of the hospital.

Alec stopped, looking at the main hallway a bit wondering how he'd get through safely without any embarrassing incidents. He couldn't think of any. The man couldn't help but wonder if this was some cruel prank being played on him in retaliation for something. He made the mental note to always request clothes next time he's interred into the hospital.

He's also slightly worried that he wasn't skeptical at the thought that he would wind back up in the hospital, but pushed such thoughts away for now. Clothes. He needed clothes badly. Thankfully the more people there are, the less he'd be noticed, right? He hoped so, as he tried to carefully follow the flow of the crowd towards the doors, trying to be unnoticeable and hiding the hole.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 09, 2013, 09:09:15 pm »

You try your best to get across the crowded hallway unnoticed. Unfortunately, being a large guy in a small place, you fail horribly. You try your best to not run into anyone, but once again are met with many reactions. Several people just get angry, cursing you out as if you had cut them off in traffic. Several more people look away, embarrassed. Most people laugh, some hiding it better then others. A man with an Australian accent laughs the hardest, patting you on the back briefly as he points to the roof. "Putting on a show for the old cameras, aye mate?" he states, between laughing, before he continues on. The only person who didn't seem to react was a short girl in a soldiers uniform, who almost ran into, roboticly walking by. About halfway trough, you catch the other side of your uniform on an unseen object in the crowd, creating a tall, thin tear on the other side. But you do manage to make it to the other side, having made quite a spectacle of yourself.

You bust trough the doors as quickly as you can. You find yourself in a room with several crates rising above you, looking a lot like the requisition room that you had gone to earlier. A short, somewhat fat man sat on a wheeled office chair, smoking a cigaret. "I'm guessing your the guy who needs cloths?" he stated, holding the cigaret in two fingers as he blew smoke out of his mouth. "Want one?" he asked, pulling his other hand out of his service uniform to reveal a pack of cigarettes, one sticking out for you to grab. There was a match attached to it. "Just don't tell anyone I let ya smoke here." He continued, as he stood up. "Well, I will see what I can find. We don't have much in your size..."

He goes into the jungle of boxes, and returns a few minutes later with several costumes on a metal pole, putting the pole between two boxes to make it hang up like you would see at a Walmart. Costumes being the correct words here..."Your in luck!" the man continues, once again removing the smoke from his mouth. "You have plenty to choose from! Just don't break any, your just renting it..."

You look at your selection of "cloths". There are several, to be sure. There was a rabbit costume, like you would expect a certain magazine to wear, a french maid costume, a Catholic school girl skirt, stewardess outfit...dozens of choices. None where for men. At least, the inertial design was not. Why exactly did he haves these things? All the costumes where rather large, large enough to fit Alec nicely, only adding to the ridiculousness.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »

[Give me a second, laughing too damn hard right now. Can't think of response.]
[Alright, better. Stirk, you are a glorious bastard and I respect that.]

Alec could only try his hardest to look stoic at the responses, utterly failing and instead trying to look not as embarrassed. He considers this a failure in the "not getting embarrassed" part of his mission. Dammit. When he's through the doors, he sighed a sigh of relieve, maybe, just maybe this nightmare is over. He's really hoping this is just a drug-induced fever dream brought on by the poison now. Please let it be a dream...

Smelling a familiar, welcoming smell he returned back to reality. He turned his attention to the fat man smoking a cigaret, his attention almost entirely on the burning cig. He did catch what he said though. ...The man was expecting him? Again, his mind reels back to the janitor. He wondered again. Either way, he nodded to the man and grabbed a cigaret, grabbing the match and lighting it, taking a pull off of it. Sweet relief.

Alec actually started to feel optimistic. He has a cigaret, and soon he will get clothes. Alec hoped that the man had something in his size while he was gone, and smiled when he heard the man return and say that he was in luck. The smile quickly died when he saw the selection.

Now he is almost convinced someone is fucking with him. He rubbed his eyes with his thumb and index finger, turning the gesture into pinching the bridge of his nose. Why. What cruel and merciless creature would torment him this way. "You... You don't have any others?" Please let this be some cruel joke.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:27:06 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 09, 2013, 09:41:23 pm »

"Nope. Its hard to find anything in your size." the man continues, lighting up a new cigaret as he puts the still glowing embers in a tray. "I got some leather ones in the back, but those are expensive." he states, once again breathing smoke. "But hey. It is either wearing one of these...or going naked." he stated once again, putting the barely used cigaret in the ashtray.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 09, 2013, 09:49:43 pm »

This isn't a cruel joke. Why. Alec has a feeling he would be asking 'why' a few more times on this excursion. Why must nothing be simple. Alec sighed, looking at the rack again trying to see anything that he could possibly pass off as masculine, or at least professional if a bit silly. If nothing is found, he'd take the Stewardess clothes, at least those can sorta be passed as professional. Maybe. Kinda... Either way, although he'd much, much rather wear something else he thanked the man for the clothes either way.

Alec hoped that there isn't much further to go until he reaches his squad's room.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 09, 2013, 10:26:32 pm »

You look through the cloths in an attempt to find something professional. While many do in fact look "professional", none look respectable. On top of the ones you had already found, there was a spray-painted gold bikini, a dress made of see-through plastic wrap, a cave(wo?)man bikini, a nurse....again, why does he have these things? You decide on the stewardess outfit.

You grab the outfit and the man points you to a corner, where you change out of the robes and into the stewardess outfit. It was a kind of navy blue, with a professional skirt that "showed off" a good portion of your legs. The top seems to have been padded with cotton, giving you slight curves. You return to the man, who shows you to a small mirror. You look like one of the spiders had decided to work to feed its children. The arms are long and bulky, fitting you somewhat comfortably, but it allows you to see your muscles past the shirt. Your legs feel even colder then when you where wearing just the robe, jutting out under the skirt.

"It suits you." the man said, completely deadpan, as he blew out another puff of smoke. "I think it would work better with a wig..." he states as you exit, having thanked the man.

You continue to walk into the flow of people, towering over many of their heads. You begin to once again walk along the arrow, following it to your destination. Once again people see you and react differently. A few are embarrassed at first, however word swiftly had gotten out about you and a group of people began to follow you, laughing all the way. Several squads come out of their doors, hooting and hollering jokingly at you. A few of them do wolf whistles, generally taunting you as the crowd disperses around you, making you a show in the middle of a river of people. You turn into a somewhat smaller hallway, that normally would have a a few people walking back and forth. You recognize this hallway, it is near your own base, you are almost there...however, it seems as if every squad on the block had come out, all cheering you on and jokingly hitting on you as you walk by. Don't these people have anything better to do? You become so embarrassed that you drop your map for a second....

Finally, you make it to your familiar snakes. With great relief, you open the door...

"I didn't know you invited a stripper to the party, Oto." David said laughing, as you enter the room. It was filled with people, your squad in the middle with Otonashi smiling smugly, with some of your acquaintances and people you have seen around filling in space. The janitor and the fat man stood next to your squad, laughing and slapping their knees. The flash of several cameras went off. Above the crowd, you see a sign, "Welcome back Alec" one a white, sheet like banner.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 09, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »

Alec honestly had no idea what to say. He has been thoroughly embarrassed, and it seems misjudged who the originator of this prank was. He just wanted to forget any of this happened now. Alec looked at the white banner welcoming him back, at the others in his squad, the janitor, the fat man, everyone else... Confusion, anger, shame, embarrassment, lots of things went through his mind as he tried to comprehend how to respond to the situation. This was utterly one of the worst things anyone has ever put Alec through that isn't physically threatening. Finally, something came through after a few moments of stunned silence.

Starting off weak at first, then rapidly growing stronger stronger, Alec laughed. At himself, the situation, everything really. It was a good, hearty laugh that ended in a toothy smile. "Suppose I deserve this." He laughed again. It was good to be back again, he felt. "Can I get real clothes now?" He was in good humor, feeling better than he had since he woken up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:41:47 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 12, 2013, 08:11:49 pm »

Otonashi nods, the smile fading from his face. "Make no mistake Alec, this is part of your punishment. I am sending the picture to all of your contacts. And putting it online. I still don't trust you. What you did was stupid, I was hoping this would help drive the point home." He spoke, as he pointed the the back hallway. "Your equipment is in your room. Now if you excuse me, I have to pay off some spectators and party goers..." he continued, pulling a six-pack of beer from behind his back, causing the crowd to cheer. You make it to your room, with several comments coming from the men as you make your way across.

You enter your room, with almost everything as you had left it. A new uniform lay on your bed next to the rest of your equipment, your cigarets, lighter, and flashlight on the bed with your Shrike leaning against the wall next to your hammer.

You still have some time left, is there anything you want to do during the remaining time?

----------------------

First few days of work and I am already sunburned and tired.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 13, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »

Alec grew more solemn as Oto spoke, listening to him. Yeah, seems he's still not happy about what happened. Although, he supposes he wasn't expecting him to just get over it with a laugh and an embarrassment, so it doesn't shock him much. Seems he has much to try and make up for his actions.

Either way, heading back to his room he wondered about his contacts and how they would take the pictures. Some, they'd just laugh,  more, utterly confused, others, just weirded. Either way, he shut the door and changed back into the new uniform, making sure the Agimat stays on his neck. Don't want it accidentally falling off, after all.

In the new uniform, the man sighs and takes a pack and his lighter, sitting on the bed and taking out a cigaret. Lighting it and taking another break to collect this thoughts, he reviewed his options. He still had some time left before the mission, whatever that turns out to be, and he should probably spend it doing something. 'Course, he realized something a bit more important to figuring out such things, like what the time is and the date. He's not sure how long his sojourn through the base has taken from him in time, it would effect what he would do ultimately. He figured that if there was a good bit of time left, he could try out the library, or if not just some exercise in his room to pass the time. Going to the gym would be a much longer affair than he guesses he has time for.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 13, 2013, 07:54:25 pm »

You put on the new uniform with little difficulty, the agimate fits nicely under your uniform. The metal triangle continues to warm you slightly, adding to the new warmth of the heavy uniform, a large contrast to the cold and breezy cloths you had been wearing this whole ordeal. You smoke a bit, the cloud rising out as if by magic once again.

You finish your cigarette, putting the ashes into your pseudo-ashtray, as you return to the main room in an attempt to find out what time it was. Many of the background characters had left, though the room still felt crowded with the many people who where still there. A group of people had gathered around the television, playing a shooter in a group. Tommy and Helena were also playing, and seem to be doing quite well, judging from the cheers of the crowd. Many of the people you do not recognize had an open beer in their hand. On the other side of the room, Otonashi seemed to be hanging out with several of his acquaintances. The two men who had assisted in the little scheme where the closest, both drinking as well. David was sitting down near them, drinking a Coke and looking rather annoyed with something. There where several other people you don't recognize near them. You look toward the kitchen, which appeared empty compared to the main room. You notice the time, you have about an hour left. Plenty of time to get to the library and back, if you don't take to much time there.

People joke at you as you leave, rushing toward the library at a hurried pace. You get lost once, and where forced to ask directions from a passing worker. He had apparently seen you earlier, and commented upon that as he gave you directions. You manage to make it to the large-well stocked building with plenty of time left.

What do you want to do at the library?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43